2024 Lincoln Aviator Refresh Spied Without Camo

7 hours ago, Rick73 said:

2023 MY included 3.0L EcoBoost PHEV as an option, but 2024 MY Lincoln page only shows 3.0L EcoBoost ICE.  EPA rating for PHEV was relatively poor and may show the reason PHEV was dropped. 

My point was the 2nd Gen has only ever had one engine option - the 3.0Leb regardless of whether it was a PHEV.

And if you think anybody bought the GT based on mpg you’re dreaming again.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, joseodiaga4 said:

Yeah for the 2024 model the only option.

I was wondering if it could get the 2.3l EB, it could help in China 

It’s the only engine option the 2nd gen has ever had.

Perhaps you meant powertrain instead of engine.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

It’s the only engine option the 2nd gen has ever had.

Perhaps you meant powertrain instead of engine.

Yeah, my bad haha

And I agree, I doubt the GT was bought for the mpgs, just for the additional power 

Edited by joseodiaga4

Motortrend.com

This article adds a bit more on why the Aviator didn't have the Nautilus 48in screen...

..." Brand manager Sara Hendricks says the splashier screen went into the Nautilus because that model attracts a younger, techier, more metropolitan buyer, while the Aviator is more family-oriented."...

29 minutes ago, ANTAUS said:

Motortrend.com

This article adds a bit more on why the Aviator didn't have the Nautilus 48in screen...

..." Brand manager Sara Hendricks says the splashier screen went into the Nautilus because that model attracts a younger, techier, more metropolitan buyer, while the Aviator is more family-oriented."...

Mmm I am not sure, because the Navi is also getting the Nautilus screen (although I hope it is a bit bigger because the Escalade will have the 55in screen of the IQ).

I think it is because this is just a refresh and not a complete redesign

• Like 3

1 hour ago, akirby said:

We are not continuing the PHEV debate in this topic.  This is about the refresh which for whatever reason doesn’t include the GT option.

I started a new topic for the 2025 Aviator with the latest content from Autoblog.com and FordAuthority.com.

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/75834-2025-lincoln-aviator-revealed-with-new-face-more-tech-no-more-phev/&tab=comments#comment-1219081 

3 hours ago, ANTAUS said:

Motortrend.com

Seems like a cop-out answer - I'm guessing they didn't have the budget to make a massive change like that.  Explorer kept the same lower dash, and re-worked the upper portion with things mostly in the same locations.

Changing to that Nautilus-style screen would've meant completely redesigning the structural parts of the dash beneath the surface.

4 hours ago, matt6 said:

IMG_3572.jpeg

IMG_3571.jpeg

The new front doesn't look AS bad in these photos, but I still think the bar should've run through the grille/emblem - it looks like it's missing a piece as-is, and doesn't match with the new design language brought in by Nautilus, and coming soon to Navigator.

The interior looks better, but predictable - the gauge cluster is new in addition to the new larger center screen.  It looked great to begin with, but I worry the interior will start to age against competition - let's hope the full redesign is coming sooner than later....which I'm not hopeful of.

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Seems like a cop-out answer - I'm guessing they didn't have the budget to make a massive change like that.  Explorer kept the same lower dash, and re-worked the upper portion with things mostly in the same locations.

Changing to that Nautilus-style screen would've meant completely redesigning the structural parts of the dash beneath the surface.

The new front doesn't look AS bad in these photos, but I still think the bar should've run through the grille/emblem - it looks like it's missing a piece as-is, and doesn't match with the new design language brought in by Nautilus, and coming soon to Navigator.

The interior looks better, but predictable - the gauge cluster is new in addition to the new larger center screen.  It looked great to begin with, but I worry the interior will start to age against competition - let's hope the full redesign is coming sooner than later....which I'm not hopeful of.

Agree on both of your points,  it looks better than in the spy pics but also it looks incomplete without the light bar on the center. I suppose it is to differentiate it better with the redesign models.

I wonder how much will it change in China, specially the interior?

Maybe it will adopt the same design as the Chinese Corsair

On 2/5/2024 at 9:54 AM, ANTAUS said:

Motortrend.com

That is a nonsensical excuse.   Anyone buying a luxury vehicle wants the latest and greatest.  I really can’t understand why they didn’t put it in the vehicle when the work was done.  I’m sorry, that is just BS by Lincoln/Ford, and a missed opportunity to offer a better vehicle that would put it in the best position to attract new customers. 

On 2/5/2024 at 1:33 PM, rmc523 said:

The interior isn’t that far removed from the old interior, so it’s going to age pretty quickly in this category.  

6 hours ago, tbone said:

That is a nonsensical excuse.   Anyone buying a luxury vehicle wants the latest and greatest.  I really can’t understand why they didn’t put it in the vehicle when the work was done.  I’m sorry, that is just BS by Lincoln/Ford, and a missed opportunity to offer a better vehicle that would put it in the best position to attract new customers. 

I do think it is a marketing line (trying to make lemonade out of lemons), and when the Aviator comes in for a redesign I expect we'll see some form of it. The honest answer would have been that because this is a refresh not a redesign. Bringing in the Nautilus' massive screen system would have required a wholesale redesign of the dash system. Maybe they should have done that, but it would have been pretty costly and would have pushed the refresh beyond its budget.

• Like 2

The CD6 Platform is supposed to get a major refresh in the next 3-4 years to allow it go into the next decade till its replaced by an EV platform. This nothing more then an MCE on a product that is about 5 years old and had a screwed up launch, then COVID hit. 

I definitely think this platform has been mishandled.  The refresh should have come in late 23 as 24 model.  

I  also hate buying early release model years such as a 2025 model being released at the beginning of 24, because it would likely make my vehicle  high mileage vehicle at trade in time. This should have been a 2024 since it’s about in line with the 24 Ranger at this point. 

• Like 2

On 2/6/2024 at 1:17 AM, akirby said:

We are not continuing the PHEV debate in this topic.  This is about the refresh which for whatever reason doesn’t include the GT option.

Only one engine with good power and torque makes perfect  sense, it also changes the emphasis back

trim packages which is where tailoring to buyers needs should be, personalisation brings premium pricing.

14 hours ago, tbone said:

I definitely think this platform has been mishandled.  The refresh should have come in late 23 as 24 model.  

I  also hate buying early release model years such as a 2025 model being released at the beginning of 24, because it would likely make my vehicle  high mileage vehicle at trade in time. This should have been a 2024 since it’s about in line with the 24 Ranger at this point. 

The 2024 Ranger would have been out already if it wasn't for the Strike in the Fall...the first T6 Ranger also had a protracted launch.

You most likely won't see the 2025 Explorer/Aviator till May 2024 due to expected launch delays, which is pretty much the halfway point CY for 2024...so its a 2025.

On 2/5/2024 at 10:54 AM, ANTAUS said:

Motortrend.com

Translation: there wasn’t enough money in the budget for the refresh to completely redo the entire IP.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

You most likely won't see the 2025 Explorer/Aviator till May 2024 due to expected launch delays, which is pretty much the halfway point CY for 2024...so its a 2025.

Don't forget CAP was on strike for a few weeks too. That had to have pushed the timetable for the MY2024 buildout back a few weeks.