Lincoln MKT Touring Vehicle Concept

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to like this car....I really do because it is a risky design for Ford/Lincoln compared to what we have been used to. But, it just does absolutely nothing for me. It looks bloated and ill-proportioned to me. Mind you its just my opinion, which very well may not match the buying public.

Wow, so many don't like this car.

I think its good that Lincoln has a vehicle that is polarizing. For the longest time, the brand has not had a vehicle that brings about discussion. Some love it, some hate it....but people TALK about it. Lincoln has fallen off so badly, when people think of Luxury Brands it no longer even comes up in conversation.

I for one, LOVE it. It speaks to anyone who has a flair for the dramatic. Keep in mind, the Flex was suppose to be in a new segment, and Ford was concerned about producing a car for an entirely new segment. The MKT follows along that concept, its something new, and something no other manufactures have. I hope the production model is as true to form on the concept as it can be.

I remember when the PT cruiser came out. Chrysler hit the sweet spot on that car, and priced it right too. It was a polarizing design, either love it or hate it. But it got people talking about the company, and it did well for them...just got long in the tooth and what not but thats another subject.

My vote: Build it!

Anyone else see the similarities between this and the Chrysler Nassau concept that was shown last year? SWABAG (Sedan with a big-ass back)? If they could reduce the bulk on the back just a bit, the proportions would be a lot better. It's about 90% there, just too long of a hatch. The Nassau may give a better idea of what it would look like with a real bumper, even though this is 100x better looking then that concept.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-content/plu...dg=1&idi=19

post-27520-1200364767_thumb.jpg

Anyone else see the similarities between this and the Chrysler Nassau concept that was shown last year? SWABAG (Sedan with a big-ass back)? If they could reduce the bulk on the back just a bit, the proportions would be a lot better. It's about 90% there, just too long of a hatch. The Nassau may give a better idea of what it would look like with a real bumper, even though this is 100x better looking then that concept.
Makes me think of the four-seater Opel Signum.

Opel-signum-green-night-shoot.jpg

Something about luxury and hatchbacks don't click for me.

Edited by CarShark

Everything rear of the front doors needs to be completely redesigned. The front = good. Side view = flat out ugly. Rear = so-so. If this vehicle is supposed to do anything for Lincoln I feel sick.

Try Gravol; you'll get over it.

Makes me think of the four-seater Opel Signum.

The Opel Signum? Stop thinking, or sign up for lessons, so you think better. It doesn't have to be like that.

You make it out like only the Panthers make money...

They do.

they do but they are losing unit sales year to year

Glad you could see it my way

Then lets not forget the fact that the Panther only makes money because it hasn't been changed in years...and spending any money on it won't be recouped...

And you cheerleaders said that profitiblity is most important. But your right...lets kill off the one platform that is making Ford money. SmArT retard.gif

Yet another thread contaminated by the cheerleaders shit-stain...

Yeah...pretty much.

Every other car would look like a toy beside it.

I get that warm and fuzzy feeling every time I drive somewhere.