2009 Kia Forte

Ovaltine

EXCERPT:

The Forte sedan will be the first production model to carry Kia’s new corporate look and will feature sportier design overall. It will include more distinctive design elements such as striking side character lines and a subtly designed grille. The H-shapped grille is set to become a Kia trademark in the future.

Kia will initially introduce the Forte with two fuel efficient gasoline engines. First avaliable, will be the brand new 1.6L four cylinder rated at 124hp. The other, a more powerfull 2.0L engine, will be avaliable soon after the official launch.

This new model will replace the Spectra, or as it’s called on other markets, the Cerato and is expected to enter the U.S. market by mid-2009. A two door variant, reportedly dubbed the Forte Coupe, will follow later in the year.

http://www.kia-world.net/index.php/2008/07...shows-its-face/

kia_forte_1.jpg

kia_forte_3.jpg

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

2008 Honda Civic:

2008-honda-civic-gx-front-right.jpg

And the similarities are......?

-Ovaltine

If you can't see the similarities in the headlights and grille shape (both VERY Honda), you need to brush the Ovaltine powder off your glasses. I guess it's more Civic headlights and Accord grille.

I'm still waiting for the first original design out of South Korea.

Edited by NickF1011

If you can't see the similarities in the headlights and grille shape (both VERY Honda), you need to brush the Ovaltine powder off your glasses. I guess it's more Civic headlights and Accord grille.

Very much agree... Honda in the front in, and I see a lot of Subaru in the rear.

It looks good, it's just seems generic.

that is a nicely proportioned compact - I do not know how they do it - but it looks very very bland compared to the concept - despite having the same exact lines .. can a drop and 20" wheels really make that much difference?

Igor

So Kia's new corporate look is that of a Honda Civic?

I thought the same thing when I first saw it, although I prefer the Forte's more normal looking design over the ugly Civic. I don't think it looks all that bad, just as others have said, it's a little plain.

I beg to differ-- I think this car represents what the Honda Civic would look like if it were executed correctly.

The Civic's lines and proportions, especially the front, is very plebian and emasculated.

The more chiseled look of this Kia works much better, and reduces the appearance of the front overhang a bit, which looks very sloppy on the Honda.

Anyway, having said all that, I think this car will be a success for Kia, especially since it doesn't look like it shares much with Hyundai. Keep in mind that the current Kia Spectra and Hyundai Elantra share just about everything but the sheetmetal.

Now, bring on a hatchback! A 1.6L turbo might be nice, too.

Edited by calypsocoral

Shoulda left da name alone. The car looks like many others, including Subaru. So what? If you're not gonna buy one and you don't like it, move on. My son relies on his '05 Spectra for work and play. He didn't pay much for it and it serves his needs without hiccup. Ya got problem widdat? Well, that's okay because you didn't buy it.