2010 gt500

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DAMN YOU BALZER! I was just about to post thissss! Although my source was from Autoweek, not autoblog.

The KR is one of the fastest Mustangs ever. 0-60 in just 4.1 seconds, its faster than the Corvette and probably handles better due to the FRP suspension - Glad to see the 10 GT500 taking after it.

I do find it interesting that the arguably most controversial part of the new design (the rear) is barely featured in any of Ford's press photos for any model of the new Mustang. I mean I understand why they do it, I just find it interesting.

And something about them moving that Cobra badge is driving me crazy. It'll definitely take some getting used to - I know such a little detail shouldn't bother me that much, but it does for some reason. When I first saw the picture of the front end, I said something's strange with that emblem.....I then read about how they swapped sides with it for the cold air intake they put in.

Otherwise, I think it looks great, and I want one :D

I think Ford just answered the Camaro. This new model looks as good as the KR at GT500 prices and is probably just as good in most areas. I would imagine performance is more on supercar level and is best looking Mustang I have ever seen. Ford hit the sweet spot fully on this vehicle. The only downside to all this great product coming out this year is the shitty economy it's going into. But I guess the flipside is this is needed more than ever to get any customers at all.

Oh Autoblog before casting negative light, which in this case we are talking curb weight, please put it into perspective. The Camaro SS will probably weigh as much if not more than the Mustang GT500 and the Challenger SRT-8 weighs in at 4140 pounds. The Mustang could use a slight diet, but the direct competition is no better thus making the 'Stang competitive.

anyone see the "superman" edition?

i havent seen but jalopnik says they have, its light blue with bright red stripes. sounds cool

edit: heres the quote: Expect paint schemes to range from mild to wild, as we've seen one dubbed “Superman” which puts bright red racing stripes over light blue paint, the effect is both obnoxious and iconic.

Edited by blazerdude20

the 08 500KR owners are screaming mad they are making more...i do feel sorry for the sap who paid 100K for one and now they are around for 80K...NOT.....more gt500's....more 500KR's......its good for those who waited and the 2010 looks great with a vastly improved gut to boot..now all we need is a new gt350 and a boss with the 5.0L

PS: gas is $1.29 here...good for trucks and the hurricane line...hint 6.2L in a stang..build it ford...with your stock at junk status just build a stang with a 6.2L...you have nothing to lose at this point

Edited by snooter

the 08 500KR owners are screaming mad they are making more...i do feel sorry for the sap who paid 100K for one and now they are around for 80K...NOT.....more gt500's....more 500KR's......its good for those who waited and the 2010 looks great with a vastly improved gut to boot..now all we need is a new gt350 and a boss with the 5.0L

PS: gas is $1.29 here...good for trucks and the hurricane line...hint 6.2L in a stang..build it ford...with your stock at junk status just build a stang with a 6.2L...you have nothing to lose at this point

note to Snooter...Ford did not and are not making more KR's...run was 1000, thats it.....

note to Snooter...Ford did not and are not making more KR's...run was 1000, thats it.....

thats today..wait till next week..if anybody thinks we will not see a 2010 KR i personally think they are nuts...i see no reason ford will not make more KR's in the future (6.2L KR?????????)..demand is there..why would ford just give up and walk away from the demand...have a blessed 09 dean....

Actually, they're making another 746 GT500KRs in 2009, for a two-year U.S. total of 1,541 - same number that were made in 1968-69. The remainder are for other markets (i.e., Canada).

those are 09's....2 years production is STILL low, however, the 2010 REGULAR Gt500 sure makes a fiscal case for itself in comparison....although I doubt we will see the 2010 500's pre September....and I guess a 5k bump MINIMUM.....

thats today..wait till next week..if anybody thinks we will not see a 2010 KR i personally think they are nuts...i see no reason ford will not make more KR's in the future (6.2L KR?????????)..demand is there..why would ford just give up and walk away from the demand...have a blessed 09 dean....

oh, theres no doubt there will be another KR or the like, but it doesn't diminish the current 08 KR in the slightest....MEAN looking car, have a Silver w Blue stripes outsid emy office...and thx Snooter, i too hope 09 turns around, and NOT just for the Auto industry, its pretty tough, but in comparison with what I see on the TV things aren't as bad as one has a tendency to think....

those are 09's....2 years production is STILL low, however, the 2010 REGULAR Gt500 sure makes a fiscal case for itself in comparison....although I doubt we will see the 2010 500's pre September....and I guess a 5k bump MINIMUM.....

ive heard 40 have already been built at romeo niche line (gt500's)

um there is still lots to lose.

and the 6.2l WILL NOT FIT in the stang with out a lot of changes being made to the car.

ive heard 40 have already been built at romeo niche line (gt500's)

2010's? maybe, if so probably press and test cars for developement, as far as consumers go they won't release the 2010 BEFORE the 09's......we JUST got our 08.

Edited by Deanh

2010's? maybe, if so probably press and test cars for developement, as far as consumers go they won't release the 2010 BEFORE the 09's......we JUST got our 08.

So Deanh, what's the word on the street regarding the Hi Po Camaro, 7.0 litre or S/C LS9?

word is...people are wondering where the hell they are, and down the road Challengers are gathering dust....sign of the economy I think.....

this is why detroit has a problem...people out there willing to buy and yet they will not build anything but blue hair mobiles....

word is...people are wondering where the hell they are, and down the road Challengers are gathering dust....sign of the economy I think.....

:hysterical:

Sounds like the apocalypse that never came, maybe GM and Chrysler use the Myan calander.

Probably why they're financially screwed - GM thinks a a dealer floor plan is a drawing?