2012 focus ST!

Not so sure about the front end, then again, I wasn't sure about the front end of the base Focus until I saw in the flesh either. I will say that those wheels are pretty slick and I like most of the back end, though I'm not too sure about that single exhaust tip that is obviously trying to look like a pair of them. It also sounds like they are holding back a little on power, probably because Europe will almost undoubtebly get an RS version on top of this. Assuming we don't get the RS version, I'd like to see the power number bumped to 275hp for the U.S. Overall, this should be a solid competitor to the likes of the GTI and Mazdaspeed3.

This will be one hot new Ford and right in the sweet spot of where this market is going. I expect the new Focus to be Ford's best volume seller, and the more variations the better. I hope Ford brings the wagon here also and a three door hatch. And better yet, it's built here in the U.S. and can get to dealers much quicker than from Mexico.

Blech. The made the already awkward Focus front end more awkward.

I think its a good improvement over the current grill...though the lower part of the bumper is slightly werid...have to see in person.

Well i think I found what I'll get if gas goes up to $4 a gallon instead of an SHO :)

I think its a good improvement over the current grill...though the lower part of the bumper is slightly werid...have to see in person.

Well i think I found what I'll get if gas goes up to $4 a gallon instead of an SHO :)

This new Focus ST should be Ford's pocket rocket and one fun, high performance vehicle. The closest Ford comes to a sports car. Light, agile, and good straight line performance. The V6 Mustang, SHO, and now Focus ST represent modern high performance very well. Good times for Ford enthusiast fans and the new Mustang GT is not shabby also.

It's been said it's a 'design study'. As well, there will be changes due to crash regulations. Keep the price within it's competitors (VW GTI) and you got me! I was seriously looking at a GTI but the factory order window was twice a year and I heard too many horror stories regarding reliability and service dept issues. I really wanted a 2012 Focus but my ride is dying so I got a Fiesta which fits my needs at this time. I admit the front takes getting used to and I'm not a huge fan of carbon-fiber trim. Overall, I love the new Focus generally and this is ST is amazing!

Now, a Fiesta ST with 6M and 1.6 EcoBoost please. What other Ford car needs the ST treatment? Fusion perhaps?

It's not the front end that bothers me, it's those nasty booger smear tail lights! But that's a small complaint on a relatively outrageous concept. I'm sure they will tone it down a bit. However I'm all about keeping the molten orange paint with matching accents.

But let's not get distracted guys. We all know the real story is the engineering beneath the body. 2.0L Ecoboost + RevoKnuckle = WIN

But let's not get distracted guys. We all know the real story is the engineering beneath the body. 2.0L Ecoboost + RevoKnuckle = WIN

+1! I am glad it's been offically announced after all this rumor and speculation. :hyper:

Edited by Hugh

It's not the front end that bothers me, it's those nasty booger smear tail lights! But that's a small complaint on a relatively outrageous concept. I'm sure they will tone it down a bit. However I'm all about keeping the molten orange paint with matching accents.

no mention of revoknuckle in the article....I can only hope they dont substitute some electronic gimmickry as its equivilent....

This will be one hot new Ford and right in the sweet spot of where this market is going. I expect the new Focus to be Ford's best volume seller, and the more variations the better. I hope Ford brings the wagon here also and a three door hatch. And better yet, it's built here in the U.S. and can get to dealers much quicker than from Mexico.

I'm sorry, I think this thing needs to be RWD with 800-hp, fold down rear seats, costing $20,000, and must sell 2,000 units to be successful. As it is now, it's a FLOP!!stirpot.gifhysterical.gif

In all seriousness, I"m kinda "eh" about it - maybe it's the paint color, which I really don't like at all. The Ford emblem up front I think almost looks a bit out of place. Throw me in the camp with whoever doesn't like the taillights too.

ohhhh, kay

I have a son who will be graduating next May and decided to see what he thought about cars...Now you have to remember kids these days really are not into cars as much as enthusiast's on this site.

I got a little mixed up and went to the Ford site and showed him a Fiesta,, his reaction to that? It looks like a girls car. Ouch, but probably hitting home. Then I found this link and showed him that orange ST.

Then he goes that looks cool.

He wanted to know what I thought, I just said, Well It's not me.

ohhhh, kay

I have a son who will be graduating next May and decided to see what he thought about cars...Now you have to remember kids these days really are not into cars as much as enthusiast's on this site.

I got a little mixed up and went to the Ford site and showed him a Fiesta,, his reaction to that? It looks like a girls car. Ouch, but probably hitting home. Then I found this link and showed him that orange ST.

Then he goes that looks cool.

He wanted to know what I thought, I just said, Well It's not me.

Well as a freshmen in college, I guess I would be considered that generation that doesn't like cars..but I am one big exception to that. That being said, I love this car, and would buy it asap! But I would like to see the power upto about 275 as well.

I wouldn't say kids aren't into cars, at least not any moreso than previous generations. I like this ST personally. The grille looks a bit much, but that will probably be changed for production -- you need a provision for a license plate somewhere!

Even Ford acknowledges young people are more into mobile phones than cars anymore.. As for the plate, they make plastic plate holders that I could see attaching to the lower front bumper, above what looks to be an air dam. Europe uses a long wide plate . but don't worry too much about that front plate. Not all states require it, mine doesn't. My Lincoln came with a front adaptor and I had the front end reworked to get rid of the 2 holes that were left when it was removed. What is a requirement is crash-worthiness for that front end, which I believe has been set at 5MPH. OH yea,, Europe has pedestrian standards which we don't have yet.