Pulled the trigger-2012 Focus

• 1 month later...

I just ordered a Kona Blue '12 Focus SEL Hatchback myself. Only options I got were the keyless entry pad and the 17" alloy wheels, however. I'm very excited to get it....looks like an amazing vehicle.

Kona Blue is quickly becoming one of my favorites....awesome, and we expect feedback once you have taken delivery....congrats.

Dealerships as a general rule will make more money off the cars they order for stock than the cars that are special ordered for customers. If they had it their way you would show up to the lot and buy whatever they had available. It's easier and usually more profitable for them. I suspect that's the reason why dealership stock orders are taking precedence over your special orders. It would make me mad too, but its the nature of the business.

When I ordered my Focus on Tuesday, I asked the salesman about priority. He said his dealership puts priority on customer orders and mine would be a priority 10. Hopefully that is true and means mine will arrive in the estimated 8-12 weeks, or less.

Ford's normal priority for scheduling builds is stock units, followed by fleet (FIN) orders, then finally retail orders, correct? The priority scheduling for verified retail sold orders that Ford offered on the 2010 Fusion Hybrid seems to be an exception to the rule.

kinda, the reason they build stock orders first is when they are put into storage before shipping the last to arrive at the storage facilities is the retail orders and thus they are the first to leave.....the hicupp is a relatively new procedure called batch and hold....a bunch arrive just out of dealers armslength, wwhere they are checked BIG time for any potential issues...

I spoke with my dealer earlier this week, they said that a VIN would be assigned within a week or so. I hope it comes soon, my current '02 ZX5 just turned over 209K. I normally don't hold on to them this long, but did so because of the iffy economy a few years ago, and the lack of a hatchback on the 2nd generation Focus.

I just ordered a Kona Blue '12 Focus SEL Hatchback myself. Only options I got were the keyless entry pad and the 17" alloy wheels, however. I'm very excited to get it....looks like an amazing vehicle.

hey Seth! long time no see & Major Congrats!! "zOMG" :D

can't wait to hear about & see it ... almost as much as you ;)

ditto all the :wub: Kona comments!

Kona Blue is quickly becoming one of my favorites....awesome, and we expect feedback once you have taken delivery....congrats.

I believe you've said before that you're a Ford dealer...do you happen to know if the keypad I ordered on my Focus is installed in the factory or at the dealership? I'll be a little upset if it's an ugly black box addition that's not Kona Blue like the rest of the vehicle. Lol. :baby:

I believe you've said before that you're a Ford dealer...do you happen to know if the keypad I ordered on my Focus is installed in the factory or at the dealership? I'll be a little upset if it's an ugly black box addition that's not Kona Blue like the rest of the vehicle. Lol. :baby:

Unfortunately, I believe the keyless-entry keypad (option code 90A) is a "factory invoiced accessory" which is billed on the sticker but shipped separately from the vehicle for dealer installation. The cover is paintable if I remember correctly. The "wart" is butt ugly.

The build configuration page shows it as black

post-43564-0-09367500-1299944538_thumb.png

its the wart unfortunately...and it is ugly, we even had a couple of people locate it on the inside of the gas flap....( Fiestas )

its the wart unfortunately...and it is ugly, we even had a couple of people locate it on the inside of the gas flap....( Fiestas )

I might partake in that idea...because it's awfully ugly. Is it easily removable or should I tell the dealership ahead of time not to put it on?

• 4 weeks later...

I saw my first new Focus today - not sure what trim it was - must've been an SEL I think (only saw the front). Being the first time I've seen the new model in person in any form, I thought it looked really good.

EDIT: forgot to clarify it was a sedan.

Edited by rmc523

I saw the Focus too while I was getting service on my car. In a word...Stunning! It was the hatchback in red. I didn't like it so much in the pictures, but in person it was great. This is the first small car I would want as opposed to buying it because I had too because I couldn't afford anything else. I will consider this if my Mustang wears out it's welcome.

Our dealership now has 10 2010 Focuses - all SEs, some with the Sport Appearance Package. Probably 7 hatchbacks and 3 sedans (and one Titanium hatchback for demo only).

One of my coworkers just picked up a Race Red SE sedan a couple of days ago as well. They're getting there, slowly but surely (and from the bottom up, pricewise).

Our dealership now has 10 2010 Focuses - all SEs, some with the Sport Appearance Package. Probably 7 hatchbacks and 3 sedans (and one Titanium hatchback for demo only).

One of my coworkers just picked up a Race Red SE sedan a couple of days ago as well. They're getting there, slowly but surely (and from the bottom up, pricewise).

I was checking out a red hatchback SE with sport package including select shift auto. Nice vehicle for $22,000 sticker. It had long option list and most of what is expected and no funky MFT. Hopefully the Focus ST is not far behind which would really round out the Focus lineup nicely. A Focus station wagon from Europe would be even better.

I saw my first "real" Focus sighting in the wild today driving down to work this morning..was a red Hatchback...didn't tip me off till i saw the tail lights.

I saw a red sedan back at the end of January as a dealer trainer car. I'd love a ST Focus sedan...unless Ford does a Fusion ST next year with the new Fusion...