Future 2012 trucks and SUVs

Bryan1

2012 Ford E-Series -- No Change

2012 Ford Edge -- Minor Updates

Ford Vertrek Concept Side

2012 Ford Escape

The Escape is in need of a good update, and with the One Ford plan in full swing, it is expected to merge with Europe's Kuga crossover. Based on the Vertrek show car revealed at the 2011 Detroit show, this Mondeo-based soft-roader will likely maintain separate names for each market but transition to a version of the Vertrek's sheetmetal, which better matches the new Focus and Fiesta.

2012 Ford Expedition/EL -- Minor Updates

2012 Ford Explorer -- Minor Updates

2012 Ford F-150 -- Minor Updates

2012 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor -- Minor Updates

2012 Ford Flex -- Minor Updates

2012 Ford Ranger -- No Change

2012 Ford Transit Connect -- Minor Updates

2012 Ford Super Duty -- Minor Updates

http://www.trucktrend.com/future/163_1101_2012_future_trucks_and_suvs/chrysler_dodge_and_ford.html

No engine updates coming in the 2012 Expedition? I was hoping for the 5.0 and the 3.5L EB.

If the 2012 model doesn't get them, I would think that the 2013 would get them and be available early, like maybe a year from now. I can't imagine them making the 3V 5.4 too much longer for just the Expy & Nav.

I can't imagine them making the 3V 5.4 too much longer for just the Expy & Nav.

It's quite possible that they've already built enough of them to last for another couple of years' production. I remember when they finally stopped building the Windsor V8's, there were still thousands of them sitting around, which is one of the reasons it stuck around in the Explorer for so long.

It's quite possible that they've already built enough of them to last for another couple of years' production. I remember when they finally stopped building the Windsor V8's, there were still thousands of them sitting around, which is one of the reasons it stuck around in the Explorer for so long.

That's true about the Explorer's old 5.0 and then Ford Racing sold the rest of them after that. They must of built millions of that engine. I still remember the ads for those leftover engines in MM&FF. I guess building a couple hundred thousand extra 5.4's is not that big of a deal. I just wish they would update the Expy already...

2012 Ford E-Series -- No Change

2012 Ford Edge -- Minor Updates

Ford Vertrek Concept Side

2012 Ford Escape

The Escape is in need of a good update, and with the One Ford plan in full swing, it is expected to merge with Europe's Kuga crossover. Based on the Vertrek show car revealed at the 2011 Detroit show, this Mondeo-based soft-roader will likely maintain separate names for each market but transition to a version of the Vertrek's sheetmetal, which better matches the new Focus and Fiesta.

2012 Ford Expedition/EL -- Minor Updates

2012 Ford Explorer -- Minor Updates

2012 Ford F-150 -- Minor Updates

2012 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor -- Minor Updates

2012 Ford Flex -- Minor Updates

2012 Ford Ranger -- No Change

2012 Ford Transit Connect -- Minor Updates

2012 Ford Super Duty -- Minor Updates

http://www.trucktrend.com/future/163_1101_2012_future_trucks_and_suvs/chrysler_dodge_and_ford.html

There is no 2012 Ranger.

2013MY will be the new Escape - 2012 is basically unchanged.

So when will the Expedition be getting a complete redesign? I know its not a top priority, but I'm positive sales will pick up some once a redesigned model is launched. I guess with gas prices rising once again its being pushed back to the back-burner.

Gas pricing rising makes even more of a reason to get a redesign done, especially on the power plants. People be less apt to buy a truck that gets ~15.5mpg(avg of city and highway). If they could release the truck even in its same body with a new drive train and ecoboost and lets say they get 18+mpg(avg of city and highway) people would buy it big time. People still want big SUVs they just want to have more efficient SUVs... at least I do.

Edited by joiseystud

Gas pricing rising makes even more of a reason to get a redesign done, especially on the power plants. People be less apt to buy a truck that gets ~15.5mpg(avg of city and highway). If they could release the truck even in its same body with a new drive train and ecoboost and lets say they get 18+mpg(avg of city and highway) people would buy it big time. People still want big SUVs they just want to have more efficient SUVs... at least I do.

I totally agree about wanting to have a more fuel efficient big SUVs. I drive a 2004 Grand Cherokee and it is the smallest vehicle I have ever driven and is the smallest vehicle I ever want to drive regularly, save a for a Mustang someday :D

• Like 1

So when will the Expedition be getting a complete redesign? I know its not a top priority, but I'm positive sales will pick up some once a redesigned model is launched. I guess with gas prices rising once again its being pushed back to the back-burner.

I think the Expedition is in a wait-and-see mode on a complete re-design until the new F-150. If they can affordably bring F-150's weight down and improve mileage, they'll probably use that (P4?) platform to do a new (T2?) Expedition. So figure 2015 model year? We could/should see a refresh with new engine options, though, I don't think they'll keep producing 5.4 that long.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm just a little skeptical as to how the EB2.0 will fair in the Explorer. That is a lot of truck to be hauling around with that little engine. Its not so much the power being produced, we know that'll be okay its just on the durability side, people may hammer it harder all the time since the weight of that vehicle isn't exactly small.

Guest liquidleaf

I completely love my Excursion but understand why it was discontinued - it would be really sad if the Expedition went the same way though. It's nice to have (even if in small numbers) an SUV that can handle heavy towing... If they got rid of the Expedition as well, I'd be forced to look to the dark side (Suburban/Tahoe etc).

I completely love my Excursion but understand why it was discontinued - it would be really sad if the Expedition went the same way though. It's nice to have (even if in small numbers) an SUV that can handle heavy towing... If they got rid of the Expedition as well, I'd be forced to look to the dark side (Suburban/Tahoe etc).

Join the club. With no midsize or smaller truck apparently in Ford's plans instead of replacing my current Ford with another new Ford I will be looking at either a used Sport Trac that is newer/less miles than my current one or at another brand.

• 1 month later...

Expy slated to recieve the 3.5 Eco-boost......