The New Forum

Speaking of format, has anyone figured out a decent way to view this forum on an iPhone?

Most forums now actually format pretty well on mobile devices. There is an app (IP. Board) that is referenced when you load this site on a iPhone but it hasn't reviewed very well. See attached iphone shot.

post-1142-0-87170300-1326402785_thumb.png

• Like 3

in that case its been made overly complex.....opinion of course....

I agree. There isn't enough really enough content to merit all the subsections, and it appears that splitting it up has caused posting to slowdown even further. It's not a bad idea, but I don't think it's necessary until Competition Forum content grows.

• Like 1

I agree. There isn't enough really enough content to merit all the subsections, and it appears that splitting it up has caused posting to slowdown even further. It's not a bad idea, but I don't think it's necessary until Competition Forum content grows.

+1

In a thread on the changes in another forum section, someone mentioned the "view new content" tool as a workaround, which I've started using. (In the top blue bar, on the right.)

But I do agree with the comments that splitting up an already slow section into even more subsections doesn't seem terribly helpful. For instance, there's now a "European competition" section that hasn't had a post in two weeks.

Speaking of format, has anyone figured out a decent way to view this forum on an iPhone?

Most forums now actually format pretty well on mobile devices. There is an app (IP. Board) that is referenced when you load this site on a iPhone but it hasn't reviewed very well. See attached iphone shot.

post-1142-0-87170300-1326402785_thumb.png

Did you get it to work at all? I never have.

I'm a member of four forums. Out of those four this is the only one that doesn't have a working mobile site. Also the one with the most traffic. Also the only one with a revenue stream (google ads). These things just don't add up.

Don't get me started about using this site with Internet Explorer. :banghead: Its a little frustrating sometimes.

Having said that, I still love it here.

This site was slow before...then the double click crap, then every second word is highlighted in green and is an add, now it's even SLOWER... :banghead:

NOT enjoying my visiting here at all anymore. (perhaps you've noticed my lack of posts?)

I've tried 4 different computors at 4 locations and this site is the only SLOW one. All the computors were IE mind you so maybe that is the problem, but man, I'm really getting tired of the click....wait....wait.....wait...new screen but can't move it....wait...wait...there, I can read the page. :angry2:

Whatever, the other forums I'm on are more gearhead based and I enjoy them more anyway I guess...don't really care or want to hear about guys being so anal on here about the angle of the ash tray door when open and why it "ruins" the car. :wacko:

This site was slow before...then the double click crap, then every second word is highlighted in green and is an add, now it's even SLOWER... :banghead:

NOT enjoying my visiting here at all anymore. (perhaps you've noticed my lack of posts?)

I've tried 4 different computors at 4 locations and this site is the only SLOW one. All the computors were IE mind you so maybe that is the problem, but man, I'm really getting tired of the click....wait....wait.....wait...new screen but can't move it....wait...wait...there, I can read the page. :angry2:

Whatever, the other forums I'm on are more gearhead based and I enjoy them more anyway I guess...don't really care or want to hear about guys being so anal on here about the angle of the ash tray door when open and why it "ruins" the car. :wacko:

I know this board needs advertising to stay alive but when you cant just hit the back button after viewing a thread but have to right click the back button,and scroll down 4 ad urls to get back to the previous page it's a little over the top.

There wasn't enough traffic for the site to be split into other specialty sites either, but it was done. Postings and traffic here have really slowed here since.

I'm right there with everyone on this one - I find the splitting of the competition section annoying. As a result, I can pretty much say I probably won't go down to the "non-Ford product discussion (or whatever its called)" area much if at all. I know I don't post anywhere near as much as I used to, partially do to things like being busy, or not having much to say, tired of many threads turning into arguments between the same few people, etc. This further division won't help.

EDIT: Oh, if we're adding complaints of things that don't work right (besides the slow part), the MultiQuote button isn't working and is going straight to reply (with quote) to the individual post you clicked MultiQuote on.

Edited by rmc523

I know I don't post anywhere near as much as I used to, partially do to things like being busy, or not having much to say, tired of many threads turning into arguments between the same few people, etc. This further division won't help.

For us, it's buying a new house, renovating said house, preparing for a new baby, getting ready for a 2nd birthday party (at said new house which is still undergoing said renovations)... I need a drink.

EDIT: Oh, if we're adding complaints of things that don't work right (besides the slow part), the MultiQuote button isn't working and is going straight to reply (with quote) to the individual post you clicked MultiQuote on.

Hmm.. It's working fine for me..? (on Firefox)

in that case its been made overly complex.....opinion of course....

+1

What they said.

And as far as function, multi quote works for this Windows XP ( work computer ) but won't work on my Windows 7 IE9 ( home computer )

What they said.

And as far as function, multi quote works for this Windows XP ( work computer ) but won't work on my Windows 7 IE9 ( home computer )

Probably need to get firefox (like you, using Windows7, IE9 doesn't work) - I just got a new computer and haven't downloaded Firefox. Guess I will be now

EDIT: Ah, that's better - it works now (on Firefox) :D

Edited by rmc523

If everyone feels that we made a mistake by splitting the comp. forums into pieces, we can move them back into one section.

The forum speed has actually increased and we're looking for another bump soon.

Thanks for the reply Robert. I liked the old Competition Forum better because I tend to think in terms of Ford/Non-Ford and there is more clicking to do to see the various non-Ford discussions. While I have absolutely no technical expertise, (I am still fairly certain there are little gnomes in the box that makes everything work) it was just easier to have less sub-divisions.

• Like 2