Gas prices in mid-February an all time record

POTW.

Also, that Citation was *never* needed.

When they actually ran they did get good mileage though... didn't they? lol If you go on YouTube you can see their introduction ad from 1980. I always laugh when they are pulling the boat without rear wheels on the car to show it has FWD. lol

If you want a good laugh check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV_1QTNlQWA

Edited by 2005Explorer

Ford is in great position to handle increasing fuel costs. You want a gas piggy buy a raptor or do what we did and purchase a fiesta. At the last check I was getting 33mpg running around town buying groceries and I did not have to even use the new math techniques to arrive at 33mpg. After 2 months of buying my new little car I am extremely happy-no issues.

• Like 1

Thank god I only live 15 miles from work now :D

Well I live upstairs from work! :P

I do have to take my kids to school/day care and pick them up though, so I drive about 15 miles per day, even though I work from home. With my wife's commute, though, we still spend $300-$400 / month on gas and fuel.

On the high side of the scale, there are gas stations in downtown LA that are already over $5 a gallon.

Well, looks like I'm going to be broke for a while. I have a 64 mile round trip to work every weekday. Crap.

And lawn cutting season hasn't even started yet with big lawn care trucks filling up all their power lawn equipment every other day clogging gas station pumps. Btw, Ford is really pushing the new Focus big time in TV/Radio ads with its $2,000 cash back incentives. Never hear a word about the Fiesta. No wonder Fiesta hardly sells as Ford marketing has forgotten about it and Focus in essence gets about same mileage. With Focus $2,000 on hood, difference in prices beween Focus and Fiesta SE really narrow down, especially between Fiesta SE hatch and Focus SE sedan.

And lawn cutting season hasn't even started yet with big lawn care trucks filling up all their power lawn equipment every other day clogging gas station pumps. Btw, Ford is really pushing the new Focus big time in TV/Radio ads with its $2,000 cash back incentives. Never hear a word about the Fiesta. No wonder Fiesta hardly sells as Ford marketing has forgotten about it and Focus in essence gets about same mileage. With Focus $2,000 on hood, difference in prices beween Focus and Fiesta SE really narrow down, especially between Fiesta SE hatch and Focus SE sedan.

Yeah, that's a head-scratcher. Move production out of Mexico and increase labor costs. Then slap a big rebate on a brand-new product with strong sales. Much like how Ford puts $1000 cash on the hood of new F-150's that are backordered 4+ months.

Btw, Ford is really pushing the new Focus big time in TV/Radio ads with its $2,000 cash back incentives.

This is definitely good news for car shoppers looking for a fuel-efficient vehicle. So in response to the question presented in this thread, I'd say Ford is indeed well positioned for relatively high or volatile motor fuel prices in North America. :)

Yeah, that's a head-scratcher. Move production out of Mexico and increase labor costs. Then slap a big rebate on a brand-new product with strong sales. Much like how Ford puts $1000 cash on the hood of new F-150's that are backordered 4+ months.

I think it's more like Focus vehicles are clogging dealer lots right now at least around here. Ford dealers by me have more Focus on lot than any other vehicle. So if they are going to take delivery of more Focus units from plant, they need to clear out present one's clogging up lots. While I notice there are more Fiestas on lots than usual, it's still not very many as compared to Focus. Generally speaking, you know what Ford model lines are clogging up dealer lots by what incentives they run in their marketing campaigns. Btw, the local Ford dealer by me has more new product on lot than I've seen in last five years, and row upon row upon row of new Focus. I suspect Focus will be best selling car in Ford's lineup this spring unless Ford starts increasing incentives on soon to be replaced Fusion.

I would probably do it too, but I'm not sure of any public transportation that will run from Norwalk to Pomona/Chino Hills and get me there before 7:30am. :(

Wow, I didn't realize Metrolink was so bad - there's a line from Norwalk to Downtown, and one from Downtown to Pomona - but you'd have to wait over an hour to transfer, and the earliest you could arrive would be almost 9AM

I suspect Focus will be best selling car in Ford's lineup this spring unless Ford starts increasing incentives on soon to be replaced Fusion.

We wont see the Fusion till September, so I don't think incentives are going to start kicking till May/June, since the plant should be shut down around then...

Gas in California is always more expensive (why we buy a lot of small, efficient cars and often Imports) , currently here in San Diego it is around $4.17.

Buses don't run very late. I work till 2 or 3 AM.

edit

It's gone up 11 cents since yesterday. 4.29..........$5.00 seems probable now.:angry2:

Edited by timmm55

76 mile round trip commute for me. And I can assure you, there is no public transportation of any kind. Heck, even the bus system in Green Bay is skeletal. Oh, and let's not forget the 300 mile round-trip journeys to Milwaukee for games once early April gets here. If we REALLY get to $5/gallon gas, that's going to be problematic.

76 mile round trip commute for me. And I can assure you, there is no public transportation of any kind. Heck, even the bus system in Green Bay is skeletal. Oh, and let's not forget the 300 mile round-trip journeys to Milwaukee for games once early April gets here. If we REALLY get to $5/gallon gas, that's going to be problematic.

You ever wonder why there isn't more transportation options in the United states, maybe because land use policy is out of touch with our energy situation.

It is uneconomical to service most suburban areas with transit, too few people to service in a given area.

There is no Silver bullet, but facing the reality of the consequences of our past choices is a start.

• Like 2

You ever wonder why there isn't more transportation options in the United states, maybe because land use policy is out of touch with our energy situation.

It is uneconomical to service most suburban areas with transit, too few people to service in a given area.

There is no Silver bullet, but facing the reality of the consequences of our past choices is a start.

Oh, I totally understand the logistics. I also understand I am a contributor to the problem. Setting aside the emotional/intangibles that are the main reason I live where I do, I'd be happy to live in Green Bay and realistically, no problem living in the nice apartment complex right across the street from work. For now, the reasons for living here outweigh the costs of commuting.