Navigator's final price and hp

Back to the topic. The horse power numbers are nice to see, but I still can't get excited for this navigator. I still like the looks of the 03-06 version better. However, I am not the target audience for this vehicle. Time will tell with sales numbers if the MCE was adequate.

Back to the topic. The horse power numbers are nice to see, but I still can't get excited for this navigator. I still like the looks of the 03-06 version better. However, I am not the target audience for this vehicle. Time will tell with sales numbers if the MCE was adequate.

let's face it, Lincoln's buyers are mostly 60 and older so freshening up an existing model is probably not as concerning to return buyers,

at least they can see significant improvement where it counts in fuel economy and added torque/performance as well as refreshed interior

and exterior. I'm sure there are a few other nice touches that do the trick in keeping sales ticking over.

It is after all a make over to get through to the new Navigator in just under two years, so this update should keep return buyers interested for a while

• Like 1

let's face it, Lincoln's buyers are mostly 60 and older so freshening up an existing model is probably not as concerning to return buyers,

at least they can see significant improvement where it counts in fuel economy and added torque/performance as well as refreshed interior

and exterior. I'm sure there are a few other nice touches that do the trick in keeping sales ticking over.

It is after all a make over to get through to the new Navigator in just under two years, so this update should keep return buyers interested for a while

I hope you are correct. How the tables have turned, when in 1998 the navigator created the luxury suv craze and cadillac had to recarpet a Tahoe to compete. Then everything went downhill from there when the escalade came out with a unique style that grabbed the target audience.

Btw I know land Rover is/was a luxury suv before navigator. But never has been a huge seller nor did it create the craze like the domestics.

Same thing with the Nissan/Infiniti brand.

I went and checked out the new Armadas (this was back in 2008) and also the QX56 by Infiniti and for $5k more I could have the base “infniti” version. Pretty much HID headlights, stability track, front air bags (collision stuff) and a few other tweaks.

But other than those settle differences, it was amazing how identical they were.

The only real reason I could see the reason to buy such brands is due to the fact you don’t see them at every traffic light. You see an Expedition at nearly every traffic light (at least where I live) but you’d be hard pressed to see a Navigator at every traffic light.. which could be appealing.

There is a Tesla dealership a few miles from my home and the range isn’t too great on those, but people are sucking them up like hot cakes. I see more Telsa cars than Navigators as of the last 6 months..

The issues with Navigator stem back to the financial crisis when Ford thought F150 was suffering permanent die back and a decision was made to refresh F150 with new engines but not Expedition /Navigator. The maddening thing is that Ford obviously had done deals with UAW and CAW regarding engine usage and replacement years ahead and this may have acted against best interest with Expedition and Navigator.

I think Lincoln can afford to be more aggressive with hybrids across the range , Ford hasn't even tried energi PHEV

in the range yet, there's huge potential for both to increase sales while other competitors are focused on performance

Tesla may have sold more cars than Lincoln has Navigators over the last 6 months.....

Wouldn’t surprise me..

2013 Telsa sold 17,650 (model S)

2014 to date, about 4,600 models (4 months sales figures)

Lincoln Navigator 2013 sales - 8,613

http://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_Navigator

It is neat seeing the trend of power houses coming back into play.. now that the country has somewhat adjusted to the rise of fuel.

A few years ago it was the best MPG you could obtain. Now it’s gearing toward more power. But still advancing to better MPG in both the smaller engines and bigger motors.

But the motion to save money at the pumps is still strong out there. Where Ford/Lincoln could grasp if they do try making better MPG numbers in hybrid modes over the big power joy rides.

A good example was on the fusion forum, my neighbor, and co-workers all gave me an upside down smile because my girl and I decided to take the SUV on our 1,500 mile road trip for a week stay at the cabin on the Oregon coast, given we have a few options on other vehicles that will break 30 mpg highway vs the 18.5 we obtained in the SUV. They all looked dumb founded by our choice in vehicle for the trip.

But truth be told - the SUV was much more comfortable!

Edited by BVC

BVC is yet another recently banned member from another forum (fordfusionforum.com) for trollish behavior and personal attacks. Back then (and on other forums including Mazda) he's known as Publichair. He didn't even bother to change his signature picture.

Robert already banned you once - I suggest you cut out the trolling or you'll have to go find yet another new login.

I hope you are correct. How the tables have turned, when in 1998 the navigator created the luxury suv craze and cadillac had to recarpet a Tahoe to compete. Then everything went downhill from there when the escalade came out with a unique style that grabbed the target audience.

Btw I know land Rover is/was a luxury suv before navigator. But never has been a huge seller nor did it create the craze like the domestics.

Navigator can become anything Lincoln and Ford want it to be, the critical part is where to position it in the market for best return.

I'm a little cautious of the predictions that the '17 Navigator can become the North American Range Rover - Transitioning to that higher level

also includes the necessary journey for buyers, the perception that the new product is all of that and worth the expected hike in price.

I guess that's part of what's happening now with refreshing the current Navigator and asking more for an improved product.

yep-that-just.jpg

-------------------

Anyway... seems like a fair price considering it's but an MCE. I fully expect the new model to close the $10K gap it has with the Escalade... and if they're serious about pitting the Navi against the Range Rover, possibly some more engine options (the RR has at least two, one of which tops 500 hp).

In the meantime, reviews would be nice once they start coming out.

• Like 1

yep-that-just.jpg

-------------------

Anyway... seems like a fair price considering it's but an MCE. I fully expect the new model to close the $10K gap it has with the Escalade... and if they're serious about pitting the Navi against the Range Rover, possibly some more engine options (the RR has at least two, one of which tops 500 hp).

In the meantime, reviews would be nice once they start coming out.

Yes would be great to read some reviews on how the changes play in the real world,

this economical makeover hits the marks that needed improving without going to a whole new vehicle.

I'm sure that people who actually buy Navigators wil appreciate the effort that has gone in and enjoy this latest version.

Side bar,

I would like to thank fellow members here for not accepting deliberate baits on the previous pages

you are all to be congratulated for upholding the values we share and not descending into muck raking...:)

• Like 1

Navigator can become anything Lincoln and Ford want it to be, the critical part is where to position it in the market for best return.

I'm a little cautious of the predictions that the '17 Navigator can become the North American Range Rover - Transitioning to that higher level

also includes the necessary journey for buyers, the perception that the new product is all of that and worth the expected hike in price.

I guess that's part of what's happening now with refreshing the current Navigator and asking more for an improved product.

Better to slowly transition your buyers price-wise then rip the band-aid off...just look at what happened with Caddy with the ATS and CTS sales.

I see the Lincoln Explorer filling in the pricing gap that the current Navi occupies and the Navi moving up even more...though I'm still not sure how well a 80K+ Navi would go over.

Better to slowly transition your buyers price-wise then rip the band-aid off...just look at what happened with Caddy with the ATS and CTS sales.

I see the Lincoln Explorer filling in the pricing gap that the current Navi occupies and the Navi moving up even more...though I'm still not sure how well a 80K+ Navi would go over.

Perhaps Escalade"s entry price at $72K is a better guide, that would open up the field for a 3-row SUV as the MKT replacement

Edited by jpd80

That's what I was saying earlier in the thread - that the pricing may have been adjusted higher than expected to act as a bridge/transition to a higher priced model.

• Like 1

That's what I was saying earlier in the thread - that the pricing may have been adjusted higher than expected to act as a bridge/transition to a higher priced model.

I agree on the higher pricing. I think it's simply setting the bar for future Lincolns and to maximize current profits on lower volume. If they cheaped out on the current models it would set a precedent that would be harder to overcome with the new models. That may mean that some models are a little overpriced today given the current designs and options.

The last time I was at the dealer there were no '14 Navigators available under $62k in stock. Hell, my '06 originally stickered at just over $60k. I don't think the increased pricing should be much of an issue, especially with all the new features.

Those concerned about the price seem to be people who didn't realize how expensive they already were.

• Like 2

And the funny thing is that the current Navigator is barely $3,000 dearer than the Expedition King Ranch,

I'm sure that the new Navigator with upgrades is well worth the price hike, $8,000 over the Ford originator top trim option is about right..

Edited by jpd80