New Ford GT officially official

I'm not sure why they would use the 3.5L if 4.0L is allowed, but it seems most teams do not use max displacement. Ferrari uses a 4.7L FPC in the 458 Italia when they could go as high as 5.5L. In IMSA they're going to use weight to even out the teams anyway so using a bigger engine would just get negated with more weight. Not sure about LeMans.

I think this and the 5.2L FPC NA are the options. I wonder if we'll also see a GT350R with the 5.2L FPC at LeMans?

• Like 2

I'm not sure why they would use the 3.5L if 4.0L is allowed, but it seems most teams do not use max displacement. Ferrari uses a 4.7L FPC in the 458 Italia when they could go as high as 5.5L. In IMSA they're going to use weight to even out the teams anyway so using a bigger engine would just get negated with more weight. Not sure about LeMans.

I think this and the 5.2L FPC NA are the options. I wonder if we'll also see a GT350R with the 5.2L FPC at LeMans?

I doubt that a Mod-based V8 would fit as neatly into that tear-drop shape behind the passenger compartment.

The compactness of the 3.5L V6 is a significant asset for engineering the vehicle.

I've considered the NSX to be a different animal then the GT. It looks like the GT is going against some of the bigger guns.

I agree. This GT looks like it was meant to take on Ferrari head on, both on the street and on the track. NSX looks like its just meant to be a fun, fast car.

speaking of the track, What do you think its 1/4 mile time is? :stirpot:

It is a great car performance wise and bang for the buck. If it just didn't remind me of a Transformer..........

i was wrong anyway. Viper is the true car that can do no wrong in the eyes of a fanboi.

I actually like all of the various Corvette versions, it seems to be the one model that GM truly hits a homerun on practically every time.

This 3.5L EB is a purpose built race engine with race level components. It's not the same as the regular 3.5L EB street engines.

The biggest issue (at least from what I've gathered over the years) is that Ecoboost engines sold in production cars are being held back by the fuel system they have and at least with the SHO/MKS market, there hasn't been much done with it because of the smaller amounts of engines being made for them.

But I see this going to the wayside seeing what the Raptor and this are going to be doing with more or less the same internals.

I'd like to see the 0-150-0 times.

I suppose the GMI fanboys are saying that a Corvette Z06 would kill it.......

Yep.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f37/naias-ford-gt-192489/index2.html#post4636865

I would be shocked if they can build the GT to take down the Z06.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f37/naias-ford-gt-192489/index4.html#post4637993

I don't think the Z06 has much to worry about here.

And when the GT spanks the Z06, they'll be like "bu, bu, bu, The GT isn't a "real" sports car. It was build just for LeMans".

And building a car just for the Tranformers is a prestigious deal?? LOL. Troll troll your boat...

Those look, if anything, harder to clean around.

Yeah, you're probably right. Point is, it's not the first time flying buttresses have been used.

And when the GT spanks the Z06, they'll be like "bu, bu, bu, The GT isn't a "real" sports car. It was build just for LeMans".

And building a car just for the Tranformers is a prestigious deal?? LOL. Troll troll your boat...

Only if/when the Corvette goes mid-engine will it be a "real" sports car.

I agree. This GT looks like it was meant to take on Ferrari head on, both on the street and on the track. NSX looks like its just meant to be a fun, fast car.

speaking of the track, What do you think its 1/4 mile time is? :stirpot:

You'd say: "My God, It's full of stars!" or "Punch it Chewie!" or "Bless you Mr Scott, go Sulu! " ;)

• Like 1