15 Ford F150 Wins Car & Driver Truck Comparison

Why is the F150 less than 100 lbs lighter than the Chevy?

Why does the F-150 Actual mileage not better than the Chevy?

And it hasn’t saved that much weight. At 5577 pounds, this $61,520 F-150 still weighs more than two Fiesta STs. It’s the lightest truck in this test, but not by as much as it should be. There’s truth to the quip that by saving 600 pounds, Ford finally got its truck to weigh as little as a Chevy.
Edited by Biker16

easy, its LOADED to the gills 61k I would guess sunroof and all , A), and B), its the ecoboost being tested 0-60, towing and the like, so the economy will be the same as the very engine it em,ulates in those tests...the 6.2. Driven day to days its mileage pretty much mimics the 5.0.

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

Because the Chevy weighs less than 100 lbs more than the Ford.

Because the efficiency of the two trucks are very close when doing the tasks the testers asked of them.

• Like 1

This of it this way, the Chevy had 2 extra gears and was 80lbs more than the Ford, which is nothing much really, but it had about 55HP more than the Ford, yet was just about tied. So either it's horses were really small ponies, or The EB F150 is has some invisible thoroughbreds they aren't reporting.

Requardless, EB has proven to impress performance wise time and time again and all I read is, but it only gets 16mpg when I've got my foot in the radiator.

Mine only got 11.9 right when I got rid of it.. Something was seriously wrong with that truck.

Mine only got 11.9 right when I got rid of it.. Something was seriously wrong with that truck.

My truck gets 17.0 all day long and that's mixed driving. I'm fine with that. I haven't gotten 21 yet on the hwy but have gotten 19.5. Compared to my 07, tons more power and drives better and still gets 2 more mpg. No complaints from me. If I wanted exceptional FE, I would have bought a cmax.

Why didn't Ram send their new gas mileage bragging rights EcoDiesel (wonder where they got the inspiration for that name) that they directly compare to the F-150 EcoBoost on the commercials? Oh yea, that's because they would have had their ass handed to them in every other performance category.

Where was the Nissan Titan?

Comparison tests are interesting and almost never apples to apples but in the end I'd buy the truck I like (F-150) regardless of any rag's test, award or bragging rights.

Edited by F250
  • Like 1

Why didn't Ram send their new gas mileage bragging rights EcoDiesel (wonder where they got the inspiration for that name) that they directly compare to the F-150 EcoBoost on the commercials? Oh yea, that's because they would have had their ass handed to them in every other performance category.

Where was the Nissan Titan?

Comparison tests are interesting and almost never apples to apples but in the end I'd buy the truck I like (F-150) regardless of any rag's test, award or bragging rights.

Agreed. Truthfully, all these trucks are good trucks and most of it boils down to what you like.

I do hate the marketing game of pick and choose facts to make it sound good. The fact is Ford has been doing what customers like for a long time and the competition can't stand it. Thus, all of them have been playing catch up and are doing a damn good job trying.

Similar to the Camry. I hate the Camry, but I can't fault Toyota for doing what they do because its working and their customers and the like it.

Edited by fordtech1

Did I miss something? When did you get rid of your F150? What did you replace it with?

It was a love and hate with the truck (obviously). I loved the raw power , but it started falling apart on me. I went to my local dealer for another peek at my power train. They said their drive line guy was gone that week and I'd have to return because they didn't want my truck to sit for a week. I was already researching Edge & Escapes along with other makers. In the small SUV category it was slim to none to get Class II hitches (i have a utility trailer for quad and what not). I already had in my mind the Escape would be it. By this time I was ready to dump the truck and had a Escape preselected from another dealer that had everything I would have ordered ( no panoramic roof, 18's not 19's, 2.0L, magnetic color, Titanium). It was sorta a knee jerk purchase. I asked the sales manager who I've dealt with before if he could get me the suv on a lease. He said yep, had it there the next day and I took delivery last Friday. So now we have a 2.0L Escape. I LOVE it. the mpg is what I expected . My current tank is at 22.4mpg. Thats 10 mpg better than the F150 and feels just as quick. The sound deading is not a good as our Fusion or F150, but it's a small suv. It's great to drive and a Godsend in parking lots. I don't miss my truck at all.

• Like 1

I would have liked to get 22 MPG in my 2001 Escape with 3.0 V6... never got over 20 MPG.

My wife's 2010 Escape XLT AWD 3L gets anywhere from 20 to 28 MPG depending on where shes driving

That's what we get in a 2.0LEB Escape. Not lead foot at all - just bad traffic.

AWD or not? My parents 2013 Escape Ti has been all over the place with MPG...some times they can get 32 MPG and other times its down 24 MPG when they come down to see me. Not sure what they get around town though.