Ford Motor Company May 2015 Sales

Ford Edge Achieves Record May Sales, Ford Mustang Best May Since 2007, Ford Vans Post Best May Since 1978
  • All-new Ford Edge has May sales record; 2016 Ford Explorer sales strong in first month
  • F-150 sets record average transaction prices in May
  • Transit van posts best monthly sales results since launch last June, driving overall Ford commercial van sales to its highest May levels since 1978
  • Mustang has best May and year-to-date sales results since 2007
  • Lincoln retail sales increase 10 percent, marking best May in eight years
  • Ford Motor Company U.S. sales of 250,813 vehicles decline 1 percent versus last year

Ford Motor Company’s total U.S. sales of 250,813 vehicles for May declined 1 percent from a year ago. Retail sales of 171,535 vehicles decline 2 percent. Fleet sales of 79,278 vehicles are flat.

Sales of the all-new Ford Edge established a May sales record, with sales up 34 percent and turning in just 13 days on dealer lots. The 2016 Explorer went on sale in May, and retail sales increased 24 percent. Explorer is America’s best-selling mid-size utility with its best May retail sales results since 2004.

“We continue to see strong consumer demand for our newest products, including Edge, F-150, Mustang, Transit Vans and Lincoln MKC,” said Mark LaNeve, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. “Our all-new F-150 is still turning on dealer lots in 26 days against tight supply, and F-150 average transaction prices set a record in May, as customers continued buying a rich mix of high-series pickups.”

F-Series, America’s best-selling truck, had sales of 61,870 pickups on tight supply, as the second F-150 facility – Kansas City Assembly Plant – ramps up to full line speed this quarter. Inventory continues building as the plant comes fully on-line.

Transit vans helped deliver Ford’s best May performance for commercial vans since 1978, with 20,655 total commercial vans sold last month.

Mustang sales increased 39 percent in May, with 13,616 cars sold. Year-to-date, Mustang sales are up 55 percent, with a 116 percent increase in southern California, America’s largest sports car market. The 2.3-liter EcoBoost® V6 engine is now that market’s best-selling Mustang engine.

Lincoln retail sales were up 10 percent, with 8,152 vehicles sold in May. Lincoln MKC sales totaled 2,289 vehicles, while Lincoln Navigator sales increased 50 percent, with 1,046 vehicles sold.

MKnotContinential is down to around 650. Lincoln should see a huge sales pop when the Continental arrives!

MKZ needs a refresh too.

Also appears buyers are starting to hold off on MKX until the new model too. A newer/better MKC below it doesn't help its case right now either. MKC seems to be selling consistently.

--

And I think the Edge should just be dropped. I mean absolutely ridiculous.... :stirpot:

Our 2015MY Mustang sales are up 300% YTD with at least 80% being GT's. The EcoBoost cars are the worst sellers in our market, at least so far, but now they're all parked due to the latest recall announced last week. Adding to the problem is getting Mustangs actually shipped from the Flat Rock Assembly Plant. There have always been problems with the Flat Rock plant but this year has been horrible. We have routinely had retail orders produced that then sat at the plant for 2 months or longer before being shipped due to a multitude of issues. Adding insult to injury is trying to get cars loaded onto carriers and actually delivered to the dealership once they arrive at the Newark rail ramp. I've had several discussions with Ford managers and even they can't seem to do anything. I got an e-mail from our Ford Zone Manager last Friday letting me know that a retail Mustang that had been sitting at the plant for nearly 2 months had arrived at the Newark Ramp last week would be delivered to the dealership yesterday so that we could deliver it to the customer as part of May's business. As expected, the car did NOT arrive. Frustrating to say the least!

Looks like Transit has successfully entered the market.

and to add to that - This May Transit + E-Series is +1800 sales over last May's E-Series only volume. I'm not sure if dealers are fully stocked with the various versions of it yet either.

Waiting for the panic peddlers demanding 'Focus coupes/wagons' or 'Return of Panther/Mercury' since they "need the numbers!" Never mind profits, just want to see their "hobby/nostalgia/purism" cars listed for sale, even if they will not buy.

Focus and Fiesta are doing failry well considering cheaper gas, for now. Not everyone wants a full size truck to commute or get milk at 7-11, so those [Payne guy at Det News] that said "sedans are dying" are :P:P

Edited by 630land

and to add to that - This May Transit + E-Series is +1800 sales over last May's E-Series only volume. I'm not sure if dealers are fully stocked with the various versions of it yet either.

And 4,576 Transit Connect... another month with over 4,000 deliveries. Ford is banging on all cylinders on the van market.

MKC looks good in isolation... sold 2,289 units, up 238% over May 2014 (launch month). But Lexus sold over 4,000 NX this month... Lincoln has much more homework to do to expand sales.

I'm beginning to think Ford is going to "ranger" the Taurus. Those sales numbers are not healthy!

• Like 1

And 4,576 Transit Connect... another month with over 4,000 deliveries. Ford is banging on all cylinders on the van market.

MKC looks good in isolation... sold 2,289 units, up 238% over May 2014 (launch month). But Lexus sold over 4,000 NX this month... Lincoln has much more homework to do to expand sales.

I'm beginning to think Ford is going to "ranger" the Taurus. Those sales numbers are not healthy!

Lexus also has a broader recognition.

Also, the RX is about to be replaced, so I wouldn't be surprised if customers for it were shifting down to the NX intstead (RX sales were down for May). Though the same could be argued for Lincoln with the MKX/MKC....

The Escape/MKC capacity is an issue - hopefully that is a Carrot in the contract next year to add to another plant. Though have to wonder if you could get the 2017 into MAP. Would make perfect sense if they added a hybrid version to the lineup with the refresh. That would really help the MKC get noticed, gas is back over 3.50 in Cali and going up.

Since there was one less selling day in May 2015 than in May 2014, Ford brand vehicle sales are actually up 2.3% (May '15 vs. May '14) when adjusted for daily selling rate.

Among manufacturers overall, Ford's sales performance last month was subpar once again.

Edited by aneekr

The Escape/MKC capacity is an issue - hopefully that is a Carrot in the contract next year to add to another plant. Though have to wonder if you could get the 2017 into MAP. Would make perfect sense if they added a hybrid version to the lineup with the refresh. That would really help the MKC get noticed, gas is back over 3.50 in Cali and going up.

This again? Guys, the only product that has a chance of being added to MAP is a potential compact Lincoln that's based off the Focus, and even that's up in the air right now. It won't be the Escape and it certainly won't be MKC. It's just not going to happen. If it was, they wouldn't be cutting a shift.

Since there was one less selling day in May 2015 than in May 2014, Ford brand vehicle sales are actually up 2.3% (May '15 vs. May '14) when adjusted for daily selling rate.

Among manufacturers overall, Ford's sales performance last month was subpar once again.

Yeah, it's not like the Ford brand outsold everyone else in May or anything like that.