It finally came time to replace my Escape.

My 2003 Escape has been the best car I've ever owned. She "Fits" me like an old pair of comfy shoes, and has largely only required routine maintenance. Last weekend she started misfiring, and at over 160k miles we decided it was time for her to go.

I've never liked the Kuga-Escape. If they still made the 08-12 Escape I'd have bought one in a heart beat. My search for a replacement was complicated in that there wasn't any vehicle I "had to have" (short of a Raptor, and that wasn't going to work for my commute).

For a while I was strongly considering a Wrangler. Last weekend I test drove a Chevy Colorado, it's a very competent truck and a good effort by GM. I was pretty sure I'd end up with one. Monday as I pulled up to get a rental they had a 2015 Edge available. Despite it having some issues (a roof leak of some sort that put 1/2" of water in the drivers foot well, and was causing some electrical issues [key fob wouldn't work]) I was pretty happy with it.

So yesterday we picked up a V6 Platinum White Edge Titanium. So far we really love it. MFT has worked great. The fit and finish are outstanding. It has the perforated ceramic leather which is really sharp. Glad to be able to stick with Ford. For the time being we're a three Ford household (The Escape will eventually be donated).

Edited by sullynd
  • Like 9

My girlfriend has a 2010 Escape and has decided that it is time to start looking around for a replacement....as much as I try, she is not a fan of the new styling of Escape then she saw a Subaru Forester and she really likes that.....we are test driving them tomorrow, but I have a sneaking hunch she will end up with the Subie....ehhh....I aint paying for it....

Could be worse...if someone has a Korean car or Toyota, I dont let them park in my driveway, I tell them to park on the street...And at first they think I'm kidding I'm like "Hell no I'm not having your overpriced foreign crapola parked upon my beautiful and exquisite imported french clay brick paver driveway, you can park it in that poverty pavement called asphalt and walk"... So they do.

SO yeah if your not paying for it, eh...up to them ;)

At the Chicago Autoshow I thought the Subaru Outback would be in the running based on my wife's reaction. After test driving the Colorado she was pushing me to look at the F150 (I married well ;)) and after sitting in the Edge (they were stil locked at the Autoshow) she was sold on it.

My girlfriend has a 2010 Escape and has decided that it is time to start looking around for a replacement....as much as I try, she is not a fan of the new styling of Escape then she saw a Subaru Forester and she really likes that.....we are test driving them tomorrow, but I have a sneaking hunch she will end up with the Subie....ehhh....I aint paying for it....

I test drove a Subaru Forester before I ordered my Edge. I did not like the feel of the Continuously Variable Transmission. I drove one of the 250hp turbo units and the response when trying to pass was pretty poor.

So yesterday we picked up a V6 Platinum White Edge Titanium. So far we really love it. MFT has worked great. The fit and finish are outstanding. It has the perforated ceramic leather which is really sharp. Glad to be able to stick with Ford. For the time being we're a three Ford household (The Escape will eventually be donated).

Well done, :clapping:

When I started reading your post, I was wondering whether you;d be open to the Edge.

Great choice that white Titanium V6, I hope you scored a great deal on top.

Could be worse...if someone has a Korean car or Toyota, I dont let them park in my driveway, I tell them to park on the street...And at first they think I'm kidding I'm like "Hell no I'm not having your overpriced foreign crapola parked upon my beautiful and exquisite imported french clay brick paver driveway, you can park it in that poverty pavement called asphalt and walk"... So they do.

SO yeah if your not paying for it, eh...up to them ;)

While I also don't allow foreign vehicles to park in my driveway, I find it ironic that you won't allow a foreign vehicle to park on your foreign driveway.

• Like 3

....Hell no I'm not having your overpriced foreign crapola parked upon my beautiful and exquisite imported french clay brick paver driveway....

So....you won't let anyone park their foreign imported overpriced cars on your foreign imported overpriced driveway??

:headscratch:

Edited by twintornados
  • Like 1

Congrats on you new Edge, we went the other way and replaced our Edge with an Escape. With the kids long gone, the Edge was just too big for me, the wife and dog. The Escape just fits our current lifestyle. Though we loved our Edge, as a daily commuter for one person, there just too much empty space and too much wasted gasoline hauling it around with one person 90% of the time. And unless they upgraded the towing, the two vehicles have the same towing rating. Our new escape feels better towing our 19 ft. Eastern CC than the our old Edge. Less sag when we hitch up the trailer and the Escape pulls better than the old V6. The Edge with the new Ecoboost 4may be even better than new Escape but I will never know. Be interested to hear people experience towing with the new Edge.

Well....we went, we saw, we drove...she likes the Subie......I was kinda disappointed as the Escape, while nice, just left her flat...she did not like the restyle job and it is smaller overall compared to her current Escape. The Forester rode nice and had plenty of pep...just not what she already was used to with her 2010 with the V6....even the Ecoboost 2.0L didn't impress her...

She sat in a 2015 Edge and felt it was "too big".......looks like it will be a Subaru for her.....ehhh, I still enjoy the comfort of my Lincoln....

So....you won't let anyone park their foreign imported overpriced cars on your foreign imported overpriced driveway??

:headscratch:

Yes, I though that in there for irony to see if anyone would catch it...Mind you, the people i tell this to dont "get it" when I say it. Its sort of like when I say, "I was busy hosting a fundraiser today for the Children's Orphanage in Antarctica"...

Edited by ANTAUS

Well....we went, we saw, we drove...she likes the Subie......I was kinda disappointed as the Escape, while nice, just left her flat...she did not like the restyle job and it is smaller overall compared to her current Escape. The Forester rode nice and had plenty of pep...just not what she already was used to with her 2010 with the V6....even the Ecoboost 2.0L didn't impress her...

Really?? The 2.0L EB screams in the Escape. It would shame the V6 she has ( i believe it's a second quicker in the 1/4 mile and 0-60). I wonder if it's the big torque band that comes on heavy and smooth unlike NA engines that have the "2 stroke" powerband?

Edited by Hydro

I agree with Hydro, the 2.0 feels quicker and more powerful than the 3.0 v6 we had in our old escape and with the 6 speed auto, much better fuel economy. Looks are subjective but the Subie, like almost all Subies, is somewhat boring. Subie seems to have mastered the invisible car look

Really?? The 2.0L EB screams in the Escape. It would shame the V6 she has ( i believe it's a second quicker in the 1/4 mile and 0-60). I wonder if it's the big torque band that comes on heavy and smooth unlike NA engines that have the "2 stroke" powerband?

I agree with Hydro, the 2.0 feels quicker and more powerful than the 3.0 v6 we had in our old escape and with the 6 speed auto, much better fuel economy. Looks are subjective but the Subie, like almost all Subies, is somewhat boring. Subie seems to have mastered the invisible car look

I hear ya fellas, but you know how it goes....she loves the "boxy" style of her current Escape and the new Escape is too swoopy (her words) for her. I personally liked the Edge, but it is not my car that we are replacing....her car tastes are definitely strange because she thinks the Juke is "cute" but thankfully, the crash ratings are not good....she also likes the Patriot...but Jeeps' reliability scores are not good.

We had a good run, as she has owned three Escapes (2001, 2005, and the 2010 she now drives)...but since she is the one buying it...she gets to pick what she likes....I am trying to get her to look at an MKC, but I am not having much luck there.....she can be very umm...tenacious during the entire process.

• Like 1

What sold my wife on the Escape was the two week rental we had with one on Kauai, the quickness and driving experience were so much better than our old Escape or even our Edge. Too bad you don't have a little vacation in the near future.

My wife has a 2010 Escape and my parents have a 2013 Escape Ti...I prefer the roominess of the older model's interior (at least from the passenger side), but the 2L Ecoboost in it blows away the 3L V6...in FWD gise I think its a little too powerful for the platform since my dad was peeling out at stop signs with it.

It also does alot better in MPG dept...but the Ecoboost I4 as a bigger range of MPGs it gets...parents can get 30+ on the highway, but it can drop to 25-26 on the same ride depending on weather conditions and traffic.

We don't like the passenger seat in the 2014 Titanium. It's manual and sits about 2" too high with no adjustment. First time I've had a seat problem on a new vehicle. Wife drove it and liked it and I didn't bother to ride along. Live and learn. We'll probably go back to an Edge anyway.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - A Subaru Forester compared to an Escape! I know it is subjective but there must be some other underlying thing going on because that is not even close. I know my wife looks at the emblem first then decides if she likes the look of the car. It could be the best looking car out there but if she sees that blue oval it is instantly out of the running.

I am with you on the ain't paying thing - If you dishing out the coin, you rightfully have a say in the product!

Edited by Kev-Mo

Ok...have an update....she is all over the board....looked at a GMC Terrain...not crazy about it, Kia Sorrento and Sportage out, Hyundai Santa Fe and Tuscan out....bottom line is, she cannot see the hood from the drivers position and she hates that....Now, the Lincoln MKC was a total stab in the dark and VIOLA!!! She can see the hood and likes the performance of the Ecoboost...(I know, I know...she did not feel impressed with it in the Escape, but liked it in the Lincoln...both were the 2.0L version, go figure.... :headscratch: ) and the Lincoln rode 10X better than the Escape.

Now I have to convince her that it is worth the approximately 7K more in $$$.....but, hey!! She liked the Lincoln.....

Edited by twintornados
  • Like 1