AutoNews Ford Roadmap for the next few years

2 years for a mustang refresh seems short, and 4 years seems really short for a mustang redesign.

Everything else seems right in line with current rumor/speculation that's been out there for the past year or so.

Maybe it's moving to CD6........ :stirpot:

Continental launch is now moved to 2nd half of 2016? I thought it was going to be a spring 2016 launch?

F-150 should get an update in 2018, which is missing in the chart.

The "C-Max" date for 2018 is probably correct for the regular gasoline and diesel powered European market version. The US-replacement for C-Max Energi (Focus based PHEV) should be out in 2017 model year. The hybrid C-Max is probably going to replace with more market-friendly Escape hybrid.

Edited by bzcat

bzcat,

I don't see Ford switching to new Focus/C-Max for one year in 2017 and then switch facilities.to Mexico in 2018.

I'm thinking the new product cycle will begin in the new plant with Fiesta, so Europe will get new Focus, C-Max and Fiesta first.

Edited by jpd80

bzcat,

I don't see Ford switching to new Focus/C-Max for one year in 2017 and then switch facilities.to Mexico in 2018.

I'm thinking the new product cycle will begin in the new plant with Fiesta, so Europe will get new Focus, C-Max and Fiesta first.

depending on alot things you could export from Europe until mexico is online.

bzcat,

I didn't say anything about new Focus or C-Max in 2017 did I?

Production of existing Focus and C-Max will end in 2017 in Michigan to make room for the new PHEV (and Transit Connect/pickup truck as we previously speculated). My guess is there will probably be a couple of months or so without any Focus production in NAFTA zone until the new generation (2018 model year) starts production in Mexico. C-Max is likely not coming back.

Edited by bzcat

I didn't say anything about new Focus or C-Max in 2017 did I?

Production of existing Focus and C-Max will end in 2017 in Michigan to make room for the new PHEV (and Transit Connect/pickup truck as we previously speculated). My guess is there will probably be a couple of months or so without any Focus production in NAFTA zone until the new generation (2018 model year) starts production in Mexico. C-Max is likely not coming back.

Ford has indicated the Focus moves in 2018 calendar year, not 2017 ( not year model)

So Europe will go first and then Ford NA will switch after that.

Next gen Focus, C-Max in NA will be a 2019 year model...

Repeating your previous post

The "C-Max" date for 2018 is probably correct for the regular gasoline and diesel powered European market version. The US-replacement for C-Max Energi (Focus based PHEV) should be out in 2017 model year. The hybrid C-Max is probably going to replace with more market-friendly Escape hybrid.

Ford Europe is home room for Focus and C-max, they go first but Nth America (Mexico) won't be far behind.

I just don't see the sense in a 2017 YM Focus energi just for 12 month until a platform change...

Edited by jpd80

Transit full size or Transit Connect??

The tea leaves indicate TC not Transit proper. It may make some fans of the large Broncos unhappy however it will make the first generation Bronco lovers ecstatic. I see the former happening due to Expedition and Raptor already here.

I've heard things that might make the Ranger thing happen sooner rather than later.

Can you elaborate on the Ranger thing? Or is that discussed in another thread? I'd be interested in the big picture thoughts on what that may be.