Next gen Bronco renders

Not bad... but the rendering looks like it is fullsize but SWB (I'm using the size of the door vs. the rest of the SUV as reference point) which is the CAFE kiss of death. We all know it will have 4 doors and probably lower but longer - more like midsize.

Edited by bzcat

I just don't see the point of bringing back the Bronco name if it isn't going to at least have one 2-door varient.... That's one ofthe most defining features throughout the Broncos entire history....

1) Tough 4x4 capability

2) Removable Top

3) 2-doors

You take away one of those... and it ain't a Bronco anymore. If you're going to tap into the nostalgia, and herritage... you do it right, or don't do it all. This is why I think it's taken this long to even get to the possibility of bringing it back

Edited by probowler

I just don't see the point of bringing back the Bronco name if it isn't going to at least have one 2-door varient.... That's one ofthe most defining features throughout the Broncos entire history....

1) Tough 4x4 capability

2) Removable Top

3) 2-doors

You take away one of those... and it ain't a Bronco anymore. If you're going to tap into the nostalgia, and herritage... you do it right, or don't do it all. This is why I think it's taken this long to even get to the possibility of bringing it back

I agree. I think there WILL be a 2-door variant. I don't think it will be limited to 2-doors, but I think it will have a 2-door version.

The same thing could be said about the Wrangler, but the sales tell a different story. 2 door only SUVs are doomed to fail. Maybe a 2 door could be offered, but it would seem expensive to design one just to get 10 percent of the sales (maybe) just to say you were loyal to a model that hasn't been produced in about 20 years.

Hell, I even think that if Ford offered a four door Mustang, everyone would scream blasphemy, but it would sell well like the Charger/Challenger.

I'm not so sure. Is there a cost effective way to have both when four doors will greatly outsell it.

I don't know, ask Ford! :)

Don't bring back the name if you aren't going to make it at least somewhat true to the heritage. Since the Bronco was NEVER a 4-door, I think it at least needs a 2-door version. Remember, it's likely going to be sold elsewhere other than the US too. Think Troller...

I can't help thinking that the Bronco Ford is planning is more like a Jeep Wrangler and less like the classic Bronco.

Well the original Bronco was a competitor to the Jeep CJ-5, which evolved into the Wrangler.

Just that in later generations the Bronco got larger being based off the F-150 in 1978.

So the Bronco will be just going back to its roots as a small/midsized SUV.

The more I see the Troller T4, I see more or less the perfect vehicle (updated and aligned better with NA and EU tastes) that should become Bronco. Most of the English articles state its on the T6 platform...but I thought that was discounted?

There are a couple cool Troller groups on facebook I was checking out also.

I like it. It has the styling cues of the 68 but updated. But replying to a couple posts...1) Isn't the Bronco supposed to be a 2-door and B) Stang, I think you might mean the 1960 Galaxie..that was ugly. The 59 was rather nice.

Agree Joe on the 59. As for the 60, I thought it was kind of cool-in particular the Starliner. Now ugly-I vote for the 64!

Do people really still want retro? I understand using styling cues, but that render falls safely into the retro category.

Well most photoshops start with source materials...manipulated photos, not new renders.

Its a mix of 1966 Bronco styling cues with the roof line of a post 1978 Bronco.

I'm sure whatever Ford does will be better and modern at the same time.

• Like 1

Do people really still want retro? I understand using styling cues, but that render falls safely into the retro category.

I think I'm certain instances with certain vehicles, it can still work - Bronco would be one of them, look at the Wrangler, it still has the same overall look as the original - though I think styling should skew more toward "modern" than retro if that makes sense. In other words, obviously inspired by the past, but not directly copying it.

• Like 1