Ford Sales Results and Figures: May 2016

Seems clear to me that Ford is taking market share from GM and Toyota.....

If you're talking about market share from May vs the rest of the year, Ford lost a tiny bit of market share as did Nissan and GM lost a lot. Everyone else seemed to gain mostly from GM in May.

If you're talking about market share from May vs the rest of the year, Ford lost a tiny bit of market share as did Nissan and GM lost a lot. Everyone else seemed to gain mostly from GM in May.

No, Ford was actually flat at 15.3% for May 2016 versus May 2015,

I think it was mostly due to two less selling days affecting the whole market, not just Ford.

More data at wsj ....LINK

Edited by jpd80

If GM is waiting for 2.0T sales to push up Camaro numbers, I think they will be in for a rude shock

asI think the problem has more to do with the prices Camaro buyers are facing, those buyers

as re almost notorious for stopping out until GM gives them an nice fat incentive...

YTD

No,Ford is actually up YTD at 15.5% compared to 15.1% in 2015 YTD

In the same period, GM has gone from 17.7% down to 16.6%

you watch them spin that as higher retail sales because their fleet business cratered

because without offering classics and Limiteds at low low prices, no one would buy them.

Rental sales are only unprofitable to GM because it hasn't controlled its cost base properly.

Edited by jpd80

The Camaro is like when Ford revamped the frame of the Expedition in '07 and barely changed the sheetmetal.

Whatever is at bottom of this, it still means Alpha is three for three sales flop...

They are great cars on a superior chassis that very few people want to own,

that must be very disturbing for GM...

Why you need three shifts for products with combined sales of less than 10K is beyond me..

Edited by jpd80

Mine is about to hit 96K. Still looks brand new though and runs well....though there is this annoying headliner rattle above the second row of seats.

We really enjoyed our flex but man was it a service queen.

New seat rail $1000

Moonroof leak (and new headliner) $2600

Suspension clunk

And finally a failed condenser for the A/C. $700.

And away she went last month with only 74k miles.

Edited by blazerdude20

We really enjoyed our flex but man was it a service queen.

New seat rail $1000

Moonroof leak (and new headliner) $2600

Suspension clunk

And finally a failed condenser for the A/C. $700.

And away she went last month with only 74k miles.

Wow, that sucks, sorry to hear that. All told, not counting tires and batteries, I would say we have spent < $1k total in maintenance and repairs in 100k miles. It's been a great vehicle.

Wasn't the Alpha Camaro job 1 in November? They have something like 18,000 units on lots presently. It's been in production for more than a half year and there is plenty of stock out there.

GM is almost six months down the road with Gen 6 Camaro and still sales have not come up that much.

It could still be product mix with a lot of expensive 2SS versions in dealers but I suspect sticker shock is an issue..

Wasn't the Alpha Camaro job 1 in November? They have something like 18,000 units on lots presently. It's been in production for more than a half year and there is plenty of stock out there.

How many of the old model are still out there? That could be a problem for the new one.