2019 Explorer Spied! D6!!

The MKR absolutely should've made production IMO.....

The MKR was never production capable. It pissed Mulally off immensely that they would put together such a show car that had no possibility of being built within the next few years.

You make these statements that are factually incorrect and when we try to correct it you get all hot and bothered.

Instead of saying "the MKR should have made production" you could simply say "I wish they had made the MKR - I loved it."

But apparently you're incapable of understanding the difference.

I think they should be ashamed of themselves just for the MKZ.... It's disastrous design could stop someone's heart!

While I agree the MKZ is very Jagesque, I would not call it disastrous. It is a somewhat mismatched design, but I think it is sufficient to get to the next generation.

I've seen several new MKZs on the road, and yes while I think they look good, I'll agree with your Jaguar assessment.

I also saw my first Continental on the road (ironically a few minutes after driving through the Lincoln dealer) a few days ago. I also 100% agree with your comments. The car really looked fantastic and stood out from the other cars around it.

The Continental seems to be selling so far. My dealer had 17 and last I checked were down to just 6. Two of those sold were Black Label around $ 78,000.

• Like 1

The Continental seems to be selling so far. My dealer had 17 and last I checked were down to just 6. Two of those sold were Black Label around $ 78,000.

My dealer had 2 sold before they got there..... one base FWD in the silver color with black interior and they told me that it would get sent out immediately to a place to have a black cloth top installed for the buyer, who had driven Town Cars forever....... the other was a Reserve I believe. Then 2 sat on the lot, a white reserve got sold immediately, and the black Premier is still sitting there going on 3 weeks or more if I remember correctly..... not bad at all, if I remember correctly, the Cadillac dealer literally just across the way sold roughly 6 CT6's within a couple weeks and then it picked more, but they've a couple sitting as well. I notice that in both the CT6 and Continental, they have high prices, what used to be the norm for a Navigator or Escalade, on the lots.....

Ugh, cloth tops. Please just stop with that shit, there's not a single car that looks good on.

Haha! It shows the demographic that the car is appealing to..... I would be inclined to agree with your assessment, but I have to disagree on the account of the "family" MKZ...... I'll upload a pic. I've been meaning to get together with cousin's and aunt, and put my LS, my sister's CTS, my mother's MKZ, my aunt's ATS, my cousin's C300's white and black, and I could also include my other cousin and his IS250...... Let's see which looks the best.... I bet the LS.......

Edited by LincolnLover

For the record I've seen 5 different CT6's out and about, but 0 Continental's.....

Conti has also been out only the last 2 months, whereas the CT6 has been out for at least 6 now. I've seen 3 CT6s and 1 Continental. The CT6's are tough to spot, as they look just like the CTS and ATS.

My dealer had 2 sold before they got there..... one base FWD in the silver color with black interior and they told me that it would get sent out immediately to a place to have a black cloth top installed for the buyer, who had driven Town Cars forever....... the other was a Reserve I believe. Then 2 sat on the lot, a white reserve got sold immediately, and the black Premier is still sitting there going on 3 weeks or more if I remember correctly..... not bad at all, if I remember correctly, the Cadillac dealer literally just across the way sold roughly 6 CT6's within a couple weeks and then it picked more, but they've a couple sitting as well. I notice that in both the CT6 and Continental, they have high prices, what used to be the norm for a Navigator or Escalade, on the lots.....

That's unfortunate to hear.

I'd like to know the age of people requesting a cloth roof on a car...given the fact that Town Cars where really popular with the greatest generation about 15-20 years (when it was at its height) and baby boomers are more inclined to buy a small CUV (the Escape is thew new Crown Vic!)...and boomers are in their twilight years of driving (my parents are almost 70 for example)...and Gen X is rapidly approaching middle age (50)now.

Back when the LS first launched Lincoln's VP of Marketing Jim Rogers told dealers if he caught them putting fake vinyl or cloth roofs on the LS he would come after them with a baseball bat. And I'm pretty sure he was only half-joking. Didn't stop all of them though.

There's still a few 75-85 y/o folks buying new cars, who were into 1970's landau tops, that'll get carriage roofs. But dwindling. Dealers will do anything to make a buck.

But next Explorer wont be RWD/AWD, bet on that.

Edited by 630land

And here I thought this was a topic on the upcoming Explorer! What the hell happened......

BOF happened.

We all realized it wasn't a D6 mule, and then we couldn't figure out what kind of mule it was, so we started talking about something else.

Feel free to chip in by comparing the conversion van business with the cloth/vinyl top business as one-time dominant fads that have faded to niche status.

BOF happened.

We all realized it wasn't a D6 mule, and then we couldn't figure out what kind of mule it was, so we started talking about something else.

Feel free to chip in by comparing the conversion van business with the cloth/vinyl top business as one-time dominant fads that have faded to niche /taboo status.

FTFY
  • Like 1