Quite possibly the ugliest mule you've seen - Next gen Focus wagon

Source: Carscoops

open.jpg

2018-Ford-Focus-Wagon-Mule1.jpg

If test mules would ever compete in an ugly contest, we reckon that Ford would easily finish in the top 3 with this 2018 Focus wagon early prototype.

What you see here is Ford trying to cover the running gear and platform of the next Focus under an extensively modified body of the current Focus hatchback. Its even got the nickname Elvis as we can see from the sticker in the rear.

In order to hide the new, wider and longer wagon version under the skin of todays Focus, Ford did everything they could, including that hideous rear which looks like its melting and ready to detach itself from the rest of the car.

More pics and text at link

• Like 1

I really do like the focus..bought MIL a se sedan last year..i hope it does not get too long..little wider track would be great..my big complaint on the fiesta is it needs to be slightly wider as well and i know ford went that route with the 2017 hatch or so i heard...i am kinda lookin forward to the new focus and torn between that or the new fiesta...both cars are decent grocery getters but mrs snoots fiesta really struggles at 70mph freeway speeds...yea that mulie is just funny to look at

Not sure this is a "wagon" mule but rather just a mule. Notice the significant increase in wheelbase which is the most important thing here. Looks like a good 4 or 5 inches stretch.

But to echo Richard's point... that's some fine German craftsmanship. Talk about unnecessary... but that is the German way.

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

Not sure this is a "wagon" mule but rather just a mule. Notice the significant increase in wheelbase which is the most important thing here. Looks like a good 4 or 5 inches stretch.

Almost looks like you can move the rear axle back and forth to suit your needs....Need a sedan...bam done...need a longer wheelbase luxury sedan...bam done!