Ford Mule - Next Gen Escape or ??

By 2030 the "escape" name will grow each generation it'll be Expy size by then...

It will have escaped its original size.... ;)

I really hope it's not the next Escape because that back quarter is hinting it just grew an inch in length. I'm already feeling disappointed that the next Focus is going to get even bigger.

It is the Escape, and yes it's growing. Why is that bad for both? They've both been panned for rear legroom (lack thereof), especially compared to the competition.

It will have escaped its original size.... ;)

It is the Escape, and yes it's growing. Why is that bad for both? They've both been panned for rear legroom (lack thereof), especially compared to the competition.

Try fitting a rear facing car seat back there... the Fusion has far better space for kids.

CR-V, CX-5, Equinox all offer a better space for car seats and kids. That's important in this segment.

• Like 1

Try fitting a rear facing car seat back there... the Fusion has far better space for kids.

CR-V, CX-5, Equinox all offer a better space for car seats and kids. That's important in this segment.

Our Focus is TERRIBLE for the car seat. I was hoping the Escape would be a least improved but it's not.

Our Focus is TERRIBLE for the car seat. I was hoping the Escape would be a least improved but it's not.

Yup. When we had to replace our Ridgeline we liked the escape but the car seats wouldn't fit. Ended up with a CX-5 that has plenty of room, even though it looks smaller than the escape.

2" length increase for the Escape and Explorer would be fantastic.

Fortunately we only have one right now so if we were to wind up with an Escape we could keep making it work with the car seat in the middle, as irritating as it is. Once we have another and we need to fit 2 back there we will definitely have a Fusion. Plus by then the Ranger will be out and hopefully the double cab version is big enough for it.

Wasn't there a side photo of the Escape mule in another thread? Is this the same mule?

Yes, it appears to be the same mule.

I know, I'm advocating it growing a few inches.