The Ford Order Tracking System Is No Longer Available.  THANKS Cyberdman For Making Available All Of These Past Years.  More Here.

Sign in to follow this  
fordtech1

2019 explorer spied.

I think one of those just in the quick glimpse in the video might be an Aviator

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Glad someone posted something. Saw one tonight on I75 south a little past where 275 joins 75. Had the current Explorer taillights as the disguise. Since it was my first time seeing a prototype anything in real time I was a little too excited. But anyway it appears wider, lower, and longer. The sides didn't appear to have the curves of the current version. Also had quad look headlights. About the time I thought to take a pic, guess I had rode beside it to long and the driver slowed way down. One more thing, it had more of the zebra covering than cladding in my eyes.

Wider, longer and lower makes for interesting departure form today's higher ride height...Or maybe it's the Aviator....

Also interesting to see the Camoed Focus hatch off to the side at 1:15....

Edited by jpd80

More importantly is it CD6 or whatever they are calling it and RWD?

The Ranger video is interesting too...the Asian looking front end is gone and it looks more like a F-series.

It's definitely not current platform. The door sills seem much lower on the one I saw. Also the exhaust configuration to suspension seemed different. Had a single exhaust also

The more I look at it, the more it reminds me of a reworked Flex with a sloping tailgate.

If Ford is looking to make Explorer longer and more roomy as a three row Utility, longer wheelbase is the key.

Could it be that the next Explorer takes on some of Flex's features, swallowing it up and ending the need for it.

Edited by jpd80

The main difference in the side profile (other than being lower) is the front wheels are much further forward of the cockpit than the current explorer. The wheel placement is more typical to RWD vehicles.

^^ think you just clarified everything, Jpd ....for me anyway

thumbsup.gif

^ i don't remember... when the cD6 was first talked about, was there anything definite about it descending from CD4?

Windshield back it looks like an explorer (dimensionally) Not wider or longer.

It's a mule.

It looks like a Freestyle;)

Edited by sullynd

The main difference in the side profile (other than being lower) is the front wheels are much further forward of the cockpit than the current explorer. The wheel placement is more typical to RWD vehicles.

From the firewall forward it is much longer. The D pillar possibly looks like it might be at a steeper angle, but hard to tell

The ride height is different. But from the A to C pillar it looks identical to the current car. I'm going with attribute mule for the next gen Explorer and aviator.

If it's as low as it looks, that could be a sign that they're making room for a four door bronco that's about the same size but much taller.

Holy overhangs, that sucker looks FWD and I hope it's not... That will not clear my driveway at all, nope...

Well it's not an Aviator, I compared the photo silvrsvt posted to the drawing I have

I thought it was too early for that

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

I thought it was too early for that

Bronco? Something else all together?

It kinda looks like a Flex and a Range Rover made a camo'd baby.

too early for Aviator

Not for early mules, A Spring 2019 (2020MY) launch would only be 18 months away.

In the past 2 weeks I've seen Explorer, Ranger, Escape, Transit Connect, and Focus mules around.

Not for early mules, A Spring 2019 (2020MY) launch would only be 18 months away.

In the past 2 weeks I've seen Explorer, Ranger, Escape, Transit Connect, and Focus mules around.

Parts models for Aviator are only just coming due from suppliers, and its on an all new platform so it's not like they can do with it what they're doing with the Bronco mules driving around right now and hacking up something from the same platform.

That said, I think Lincoln will show a concept version before we start seeing mules driving around. They've been doing that a lot recently, most notably with the Continental.