ecosport is here

shes here, looks better in the flesh, inside I like what they did with the big screen. I'm sure this will appeal to quite a few people, the girls here were all over it...but I STILL question the usage of the 1.0, especially with the auto...this engine doesn't work with our curb weights....

• Like 1

shes here, looks better in the flesh, inside I like what they did with the big screen. I'm sure this will appeal to quite a few people, the girls here were all over it...but I STILL question the usage of the 1.0, especially with the auto...this engine doesn't work with our curb weights....

Always great to hear your input Dean! We're still waiting to get the EcoSport on the east coast.

still think its weakness's ( aside from where its built and those logistics ) will be the drivetrain....that said I haven't driven it yet, but the Porter did, and mentioned power...or lack of. Seriously think they should have put the 2.0 as the base, and the 1.5 3 cylinder as the 4 wheel drive upgrade....the shipping weight of the FWD is right at 3000 pounds.

• Like 2

still think its weakness's ( aside from where its built and those logistics ) will be the drivetrain....that said I haven't driven it yet, but the Porter did, and mentioned power...or lack of. Seriously think they should have put the 2.0 as the base, and the 1.5 3 cylinder as the 4 wheel drive upgrade....the shipping weight of the FWD is right at 3000 pounds.

Thank you Deanh sir for your impressions. I agree the 1.0L engine must be very weak in this application. EcoSport is imported from Chennai I think. How long does it normally take from order to delivery?

Edited by rperez817

rperez....no idea, but my GUESS would be 4 months minimum. Its still taking longer than that for transit Connects to get here when ordered....my last TC order took 6 months...people with THAT patience are few and far between....

Especially on something like a TC, where they may not be able to wait due to budget. Same would apply to EcoSport.