2019 Focus Worldwide debut

Seeing how the live reveal of the Focus is tomorrow morning American time and there's already the YouTube link ready for the live reveal, anyone knows when the embargo passes? Midnight Eastern American time? Or midnight London time (7pm EST)? Just wondering how soon we could possibly see official pictures and basic press info.

Seeing how the live reveal of the Focus is tomorrow morning American time and there's already the YouTube link ready for the live reveal, anyone knows when the embargo passes? Midnight Eastern American time? Or midnight London time (7pm EST)? Just wondering how soon we could possibly see official pictures and basic press info.

Ill be keeping an eye out after midnight eastern since Ill be at work anyway
  • Like 1

Do you have this youtube link?

MKII posted the embedded link in #43 above. It takes you to YouTube page at:

As with fuzzymoomoo, I will be watching after midnight too for the articles.

Whoops, didn't realize that was the link to the live stream - I thought that was just a teaser video.

• Like 1

Whoops, didn't realize that was the link to the live stream - I thought that was just a teaser video.

I did too at first when I saw it posted and was about to click it to watch the teaser video. But I see the 'All New Focus reveal - Live Stream' caption at the top of the video. So I clicked it and bookmarked it in my browser to save it to watch tomorrow. I'll definitely be watching for articles at midnight if not sooner depending on when actual embargo is.

Definitely nicer than what we have now, but styling is kinda anonymous in that it just looks like a more mature version of what we have now. Too bad we won't see the Vignale over here, that has some nice interior appointments. I don't think they went far enough with the Active (judging by the above video)....not Crosstek-y enough.

It is nice. But I don't see it selling any better than the current one.

Hmmm... Interesting that they're all 5-Door Hatchbacks. No 4-Door Sedan. Rotary dial automatic shifter, floating center stack screen. Power liftgate? Looks like minor exterior changes except for the more pronounced grille with revised headlamps. Also looks like Ford's going with B&O audio across all the updated models. Just a few initial notes from the video.

Looks like minor exterior changes except for the more pronounced grille with revised headlamps.

While it may look similar to current model, none of the sheetmetal has carried over and the car is longer.

The grill/front end looks like its sucking a lemon, but I have this feeling it looks much better in person.

Hmmm... Interesting that they're all 5-Door Hatchbacks. No 4-Door Sedan. Rotary dial automatic shifter, floating center stack screen. Power liftgate? Looks like minor exterior changes except for the more pronounced grille with revised headlamps. Also looks like Ford's going with B&O audio across all the updated models. Just a few initial notes from the video.

Ford announced a few years ago they'd be phasing out the Sony units and replacing them with B&O Play.

I'd like to know more about the transmission. "clutch pressure adjusting Adaptive Shift Quality Control." That sounds more like a dual clutch transmission than a slushbox to me. Not necessary, but most makers don't usually mention clutches in slushbox applications. They're more likely to talk torque converter.

It's packing lots of tech and features we've already seen and I'm sure much of it is exclusive to the European variants. It's the first Ford with a HUD but the implementation is pretty familiar from other carmakers with a separate pop-out screen.

The design is nothing that stands out, it's a handsome evolution of a familiar Focus look but with a more cab-rearward design which gives it that long hood.

Interior is functional, that's about all to say about it visually. It has nice amenities and spaciousness is much improved for both passengers and cargo.

Not a fan of the sedan design, looks like they struggled to repurpose the Hatchback for sedan duty and ended up with a tapered rear that is fighting the wedged-up greenhouse.

Edited by Assimilator