‘Mustang Means Freedom’: Why Ford Is Saving an American Icon

That's like saying I'm not going to buy hamburgers at Five Guys any more if they stop selling hot dogs.

Fair point. There's a good reason though not to buy either hamburgers or hot dogs at Five Guys. They are overpriced, overcooked garbage! ;)

• Like 1

Fair point. There's a good reason though not to buy either hamburgers or hot dogs at Five Guys. They are overpriced, overcooked garbage! ;)

I've never understood the love affair with Five Guys (or Chick-Fil-A for that matter) Burgers are so so. Though If I want a super overpriced, over rated burger I can go to Millers.

• Like 1

So do you actually plan to buy a mustang at some point? If not why do you care?

That's like saying I'm not going to buy hamburgers at Five Guys any more if they stop selling hot dogs.

Because you never forget your first time behind the wheel of a 67 GT 500 SHELBY...or your want for raquel welch in that caveman bikini while your in your best buds moms 66 mustang coupe at the drive-in...you guys can have your frappy crapacinos and your lectric escapes..i dont care..just do not go messing with the mustang...it has emotion..it has sex...its what-every other ford product wants but cannot have... Edited by snooter
  • Like 1

i dont care..just do not go messing with the mustang...it has emotion..it has sex...its what-every other ford product wants but cannot have...

Ford's recent announcements suggest that they are aware of what Mustang means to them and how important the car is. I don't think they will mess with it.

Actually the average age of a Mustang buyer is 49 years old. Not many kids can afford a Mustang's insurance before 25-I was paying alot for my 1998 Mustang GT at the time-and I got quotes of $7K a year for insurance with a perfect record.

Insurance rates on Mustangs have gone down-when I got my 2006 Mustang GT-it was actually cheaper to insure then my 2002 SVT Focus and I was 30 at time.

I was 64 when I got my 14. I was going to try again but the new one's seem like the roof is lower and I can't get comfortable in one. Maybe, it's just me.

I've never understood the love affair with Five Guys (or Chick-Fil-A for that matter) Burgers are so so. Though If I want a super overpriced, over rated burger I can go to Millers.

I don't really like them either. The best burgers around here are Smashburger,Habit Burger and Culvers.

Getting rid of the Mustang would drive away most under 25 male customers. That's what they want and when the wife comes along and says we need an Escape now, that business is gone as well.

The <25 year old male customers usually can't afford to buy new Mustangs or afford the insurance.

Around here the only under 25 new mustangs I see are driven by girls, probably a present from mommy and daddy. Guys under 25 seem to be driving older/used mustangs.

Today's 18-25 yr olds just aren't as interested in owning cars as in the past. I saw an article from 2013 that said car ownership in that age range had dropped from 92% back in the 90s to around 75%. I'm sure it's even less today.

More and more of the millennials want an urban lifestyle and ride bikes, use mass transit, walk, etc. and along with a general disinterest in cars, more of them aren't even getting their driver's license.

And that’s the stupidest thing you’ve said since you joined!

Best chain burger period.

Excluding ST, RS, Sport, and Hybrid/Energi versions (maybe SHO also), Ford's passenger cars in the U.S. that aren't named Mustang lack product appeal. They haven't seen major updates for many years and look old, feel old. Ford has been resorting to huge incentives and lots of fleet sales on them. No surprise Ford executives said recently these cars are money losers.

You can say the same about all cars in general. Honda has a brand new Accord and doesn't discount and is declining in sales. Toyota has a brand new Camry and has to discount heavily to barely break even or have a slight decline in sales. I've been in a 17 Fusion and it's not a bad place to be. The one I was in has the low end Sync and that's all that "looks and feels old". The Focus (except sedan) still looks good but has that God-Awful DCT. The Taurus was great in 2010 but they F'ed that up with no ads and no changes.

Ford's cars are not that bad but I get what they are saying in letting that low profit, declining sales market go elsewhere.

And that’s the stupidest thing you’ve said since you joined!

Best chain burger period.

Again, akirby and I agree.

And what's even better is my son can eat it because it doesn't have all the freaking additives and $hit everyone thinks they need to add to their foods nowadays.

If Ford debuted the current Fusion as a new vehicle today it would be well received and very competitive. There’s nothing wrong with it outside of lower fuel economy. The problem is it’s the same car that debuted in late 2012. People want something different.

• Like 2

Chick-Fil-A at least has consistently good service and reasonable pricing.

waffle fries, and free sauces too. Chick-Fli-A changed their chicken about 5 years ago. It now has a noticeable different (fake smokey) taste.

Chick-Fil-A started because of Ford (and the Atlanta Assembly plant)

• Like 1

Chick-Fil-A not only has the best food and workers but their lunch time drive-thru is the best in the business. They have two folks with tablets taking your order as soon as you get in line including credit card payment. Then you just drive around and pick up your food which is almost always waiting for you at the window. There can be 10 cars in line ahead of you and you’ll have your food within 5-6 minutes. It’s amazing.

You are welcome to agree eating substandard hamburgers. And to claim with a straight face they're the "best". That's your right.

See, now I know you either don't know what you're talking about or are trolling. They may or may not be the best, but they're certainly not substandard, unless you think tiny dry patties are great.

Chick-Fil-A at least has consistently good service and reasonable pricing.

They have the best service, bar none when it comes to fast food-I know I've been in Chick-Fil-A and they've brought me my food after order it, instead of waiting for

Never been. There are only 3 near me. One in metro airport, one on a college campus and the third in a very stuck up high end shopping mall that I refuse to ever set foot in.

Your making Chick-Fil-A sound like high culture-its not LOL

They have the best service, bar none when it comes to fast food-I know I've been in Chick-Fil-A and they've brought me my food after order it, instead of waiting for

Your making Chick-Fil-A sound like high culture-its not LOL

To think it's just chicken, which I label as poverty food...And Chik-Fila which I have boycotted to add lol.....