LHD Ranger Raptor spied

HD Raptor shouldn't be a surprise... Ford sells Rangers in lots of LHD markets in Europe, Middle East, and Asia.

I'm not fully convinced that there is a V6 under the hood until someone snaps a photo with the hood open.

Edited by bzcat

All that said if the Ranger Raptor does make it here, I wouldnt expect it until after the Bronco launches.

Only reason I could see a short run with this generation is that the development is done for it, so it is just profit to build them and get the ATP's up higher which wall street will like.

Not sure it is nationwide but Ford might be building to many Raptors, every dealer around here has 2-4 on the lot and are now selling them at under sticker and some guys on the Raptor board are getting them for $500 over invoice. I can see that being more common with the 2019 improvements.

This is the Global Ranger Raptor, there are no active plans to bring this here. You'll notice that the Global Ranger also has different design elements which were modified for the US even if they generally look similar (Tailgate, Taillight Shape and Design, Rear Glass, Bed Sides, Metal bumpers and frame mounts, CHMSL, etc.) You can also hear the Diesel clatter when it revs.

I'm told the Bronco gets the 2.7L V6, but nobody is calling the platform new. The reason the Ranger can't get a V6 is because of the engine bay packaging which has been redesigned for Bronco. I think it's likely we'll get a redesigned Ranger eventually but Ranger and Bronco share the same updated 2019 T6 most likely (extended frame mounts for the front bumper and tow hooks).

I'm actually hoping the NG Ranger evolves from the Bronco like the Jeep Scrambler, the global Ranger has no charisma or style. I'm very curious to see if the Jeep Scrambler overtakes the traditional mid-sizers and if that's the direction Ford should take...eventually.

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 1

It's not uncommon for Ford to send Ranger to the US for final Field validation testing,

there's a nice range of altitudes and driving conditions all in the one country that you

just don't see together in other parts of the world

In the entire history of the Ranger I can't think of a single drivetrain it has shared with the F-150 and I seriously doubt it ever will.

Get ready in CY2021 for a version with 2.7 EB....

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

I'm actually hoping the NG Ranger evolves from the Bronco like the Jeep Scrambler, the global Ranger has no charisma or style. I'm very curious to see if the Jeep Scrambler overtakes the traditional mid-sizers and if that's the direction Ford should take...eventually.

Very doubtful...the Jeep Scrambler will appeal to Wrangler owners and might bring in some additional sales, but given how the Wrangler is designed vs a traditional pickup truck-a traditional pickup should offer a far better day to day living environment then a Wrangler based pickup.

I know the next gen Wrangler has improved upon this, but IMO I think this where the Bronco should be focusing in on-a more polished day to day driving experience vs the Wrangler.

Yes, the Ranger is bland, but I'm hoping since NA has it now, it will get some F-150 based DNA in its styling to set it apart from the competition.

Times change. This Ranger is larger than the previous trucks.

Ford also never put a turbo gas engine in F series before and they never had a F150 or Ranger Raptor back then either.

I think that decision had more to do with the small engine bay in the Ranger than anything strategic or marketing related.

@jasonj80...sorry. $500 over invoice on the current Raptor is hard to swallow...as a DEALER we are paying over MSRP PLUS trucking to get them...the BEST deal ive heard of was atoken discount under MSRP, and here in Cali we have people buying them out of state for 5k over as the market here is higher.....unless you've seen a contract and youre basing what you say on something you've read, rmember, if its on the internet...its got to be true...$500 over invoice....no.

• Like 1

I paid $3,660 below MSRP on my Raptor, from a dealer I have had a long term relationship with last March. It wasnt invoice but it was a dang good price. So deals can and do happen. My local dealer had a $70k Raptor recently for $67,500. I recognize my situation is not as common, however I have been seeing more discounts and more units on the lots. Im not sure how to read that other than they may have over produced a bit. I had read they werent going to limit the production of the Raptors but I hope they help protect the values of existing models by not over supplying.

Edited by tbone

RRP for Ranger Raptor in Australia is around AUS$74K or around USD$57K for the 2.0 diesel 10 AT,

I could see the new 3.0 Ecoboost fitting in there just fine for North America...but that would be a model on from now.

Edited by jpd80

very/ very rare Tbone.we have a multitude of customers per unit....and run out of inventory all the time...

If you guys can get significantly above MSRP it seems you should be buying from other dealers for MSRP and just transporting them out to you for resale.

I paid $3,660 below MSRP on my Raptor, from a dealer I have had a long term relationship with last March. It wasnt invoice but it was a dang good price. So deals can and do happen. My local dealer had a $70k Raptor recently for $67,500. I recognize my situation is not as common, however I have been seeing more discounts and more units on the lots. Im not sure how to read that other than they may have over produced a bit. I had read they werent going to limit the production of the Raptors but I hope they help protect the values of existing models by not over supplying.

When they announced the 19's, people started cancelling orders on the 18's I was talking to my salesman and he had 2 customers cancel that day. When I picked mine up, he also told me they had been offered allocation for 12 more they wern't expecting, so perhaps they are over producing. I got mine at MSRP.

Just looked at the Ford Vehicle Locator and there are 303 2018 F-150 Raptors at the closest 300 dealers including units in the plant and in transit. We sold our last Raptor 6-8 weeks ago and won't see our next one until late July or early August.

Someone on FRF did a similar search because some are saying the Raptor is scarce. Turns out the one that's really scarce is the F-150 Limited.