2019 Ranger Configurator & Pricing

So what is the 2.0 Diesel going in? Ranger? Or a FWD utility?

Well it is already engineered for the Ranger and Edge so could be one or even both. They might need it for a CAFE bump. Totally not going to happen but maybe the Focus Active to appeal to old VW customers.

I question the need for a diesel as Hybrids seem to be the direction being taken.....

Could just be a short term compliance to get CAFE numbers up for 2 model years and its cheaper to federalize an exsisting powertrain that is already developed. So they spend 3 million to federalize it is way cheaper than a hybrid for 2 model years. Did the oil sheet say North American or US? Canada is going to allow Euro emission so it could be for their market and they wouldnt even need to pay anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Priced a Ranger yesterday. For what I would have to pay to get something as close as I can to being equipped similar to my Sport Trac it would be well over 40k and many of those features are not even available. Not paying that kind of money for a four-banger when a left-over '18 F-150 can be had with all the features I want and lots of incentives. It's painfully obvious to me that despite what Ford said when the 2019 Ranger was first announced however many years ago they really have no desire to compete with themselves. IMO the Ranger is a half-hearted attempt to re-enter a market they never should have left.

If you guys are satisfied with the size of the F150, why would you even consider a Ranger?

Part of the appeal of the "old" Ranger was undoubtedly price...although that was not the reason I owned 3 of them and still have a 4X4 supercab with every option. The appeal of the new one is a package that takes up less space than an F150, uses a bit less fuel and has modern features, safety, quality and refinement that was missing in the old one.

I am not a fan of the 4 cylinder engine but since an F150 simply will not fit in the places I want to put it, the Ranger would be the only truck I would consider.

Edited by brucelinc
  • Like 2

If you guys are satisfied with the size of the F150, why would you even consider a Ranger?

Part of the appeal of the "old" Ranger was undoubtedly price...although that was not the reason I owned 3 of them and still have a 4X4 supercab with every option. The appeal of the new one is a package that takes up less space than an F150, uses a bit less fuel and has modern features, safety, quality and refinement that was missing in the old one.

I am not a fan of the 4 cylinder engine but since an F150 simply will not fit in the places I want to put it, the Ranger would be the only truck I would consider.

Well said. This is why I want to get one but the price is making me take a step back to reevaluate whether or not I really want to pull the trigger on one.

I dont see the need. Most of the time Ford already puts less incentives on the F-150 than GM and RAM do on their trucks.

This will be interesting to see what Ford does since the F150 will now technically be the oldest of the bunch, although to me GM is just catching up to the current F150. Ram just kind of does its own thing which works for them, however I dont think it is a better truck. Some cool new features, but not a better truck.

Technically older yes but GM and RAM have the job of convincing their respective buyers

That theyve done enough to be considered more than just light evolutions of the previous

trucks, nothing says progress like an alloy body and thats something the others cant take

from Ford

Edited by jpd80

Ford heavily discounts the XL and XLT F150s (usually 5K-6K) but not Lariat or higher trims.

That “four banger” has far more power than your old Sport Trac.

I’m sure a similarly optioned Ranger will be $2K-$5K less than a comparable F150. Once Ranger is available I expect the big XL and XLT F150 discounts to be reduced a little since Ranger can pick up the lower price point. But I don’t expect them to be giving them away either as I expect a big initial demand from folks who simply don’t want a F150 and don’t care about cost.