Jump to content
  • Custom Search


ford-boy

Is there a site that posts Ranger sales each month?

Recommended Posts

Just now, Trailhiker said:

SO, still in the 7K range for June then.

Yeah, if my math is correct, 7,392.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Yeah, if my math is correct, 7,392.

Yet, the press release claims that Ranger sales have increased every month since January,,,,

HRG

 

Ranger 2019.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Yet, the press release claims that Ranger sales have increased every month since January,,,,

HRG

 

Ranger 2019.JPG

The press release says that Ranger retail sales have increased every month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly the Ranger is struggling to compete in the midsized market, but it's a very competitive segment and it's still a pretty new product. They are going to need to throw some cash on the hood to get it moving.

I will say that my Ranger is my favorite vehicle ever. I just don't think people are giving it much of a look or a chance when midsized truck shopping. Ford also needs to do more marketing on it.

Edited by 2005Explorer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 2005Explorer said:

Sadly the Ranger is struggling to compete in the midsized market, but it's a very competitive segment and it's still a pretty new product. They are going to need to throw a V-6 under the hood to get it moving.

I will say that my Ranger is my favorite vehicle ever. I just don't think people are giving it much of a look or a chance when midsized truck shopping. Ford also needs to do more marketing on it.

FTFY.  HRG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HotRunrGuy said:

FTFY.  HRG

Well that would help as well. I've heard so many comments around the internet that the Tacoma and Colorado are better because they have a V6. No matter how good the power is people don't seem to believe it and think it must be gutless compared to the Tacoma or Colorado because it has a 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2005Explorer said:

Well that would help as well. I've heard so many comments around the internet that the Tacoma and Colorado are better because they have a V6. No matter how good the power is people don't seem to believe it and think it must be gutless compared to the Tacoma or Colorado because it has a 4.

I don't think the problem is power, I think the perception is the technology, and how it works long-term. I'd be more inclined to buy one if Ford had a 10 year/100K warranty on the powertrain.

HRG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anthony said:

Ranger sold 20,880 total in the 2nd quarter (announced this morning).  Still has a ways to go before it hits Taco numbers.

Fair point. It's growing though and that's what matters at this point. It wouldn't surprise me to see it really explode once Bronco comes online and a second shift is added. Then they can start offering more competitive lease deals and better rebates without hurting the bottom line too much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

I don't think the problem is power, I think the perception is the technology, and how it works long-term. I'd be more inclined to buy one if Ford had a 10 year/100K warranty on the powertrain.

HRG

But it doesn't seem to pose an issue with the F150, unless the 3.3L NA V6 and 5.0 V8 are pulling in those "I don't trust that EcoBoost tech" buyers. If they do offer a V6 it'll probably only be a 2.7 EcoBoost so that won't help with the buyers that don't trust it long term. Sure they could offer the 3.3L NA V6 as an option, but would that really make a big difference? Idk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 2005Explorer said:

But it doesn't seem to pose an issue with the F150, unless the 3.3L NA V6 and 5.0 V8 are pulling in those "I don't trust that EcoBoost tech" buyers. If they do offer a V6 it'll probably only be a 2.7 EcoBoost so that won't help with the buyers that don't trust it long term. Sure they could offer the 3.3L NA V6 as an option, but would that really make a big difference? Idk

Heck, if Ford is so confident in it's 1 EB only engine strategy, let's see what happens to F150 sales if they ONLY offer the 2.7EB under the hood.  The 2.7 EB in the F150 would be the natural progression from the 2.3 EB in the Ranger.

HRG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Heck, if Ford is so confident in it's 1 EB only engine strategy, let's see what happens to F150 sales if they ONLY offer the 2.7EB under the hood.  The 2.7 EB in the F150 would be the natural progression from the 2.3 EB in the Ranger.

HRG

Oh I think it's safe to assume the 5.0 V8 will continued to be offered in the F150 long term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

Sadly the Ranger is struggling to compete in the midsized market, but it's a very competitive segment and it's still a pretty new product. They are going to need to throw some cash on the hood to get it moving.

I will say that my Ranger is my favorite vehicle ever. I just don't think people are giving it much of a look or a chance when midsized truck shopping. Ford also needs to do more marketing on it.

 

2 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

Well that would help as well. I've heard so many comments around the internet that the Tacoma and Colorado are better because they have a V6. No matter how good the power is people don't seem to believe it and think it must be gutless compared to the Tacoma or Colorado because it has a 4.

FFS-the Ranger is still building up inventory-I just saw the first of them a few weeks back and they've been on sale for about 4-5 months now. 

As for comments around the internet-I'd say a good majority of them don't put their money were their mouths are and are just virtually flapping their lips about the lack of a V6 in the Ranger without actually driving it. The Ranger has far more power then the 4L V6 ever did. 

If the Ranger isn't the 2nd or 3rd best selling vehicle by this time next year, you may have a point...but its far too early to say that now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colorado took a hit last month, in the 9,000s, whatever happened lst month affected it and Ranger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

Sadly the Ranger is struggling to compete in the midsized market, but it's a very competitive segment and it's still a pretty new product. They are going to need to throw some cash on the hood to get it moving.

I will say that my Ranger is my favorite vehicle ever. I just don't think people are giving it much of a look or a chance when midsized truck shopping. Ford also needs to do more marketing on it.

In Oklahoma, you can get $750 rebate plus 0% for 60 months with 90 days until first payment! Good until 9/3/2019!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if Ranger is not putting a dent in Tacoma sales long term, it is a strategic defeat for Ford. It may still be a profitable vehicle but strategically, this was all about taking the fight to Toyota Tacoma in North America as it has done against Hilux in the rest of the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do you say that, did you expect rapid penetration into fully mature market. I say give it year before calling it a failure or success

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, bzcat said:

I think if Ranger is not putting a dent in Tacoma sales long term, it is a strategic defeat for Ford. It may still be a profitable vehicle but strategically, this was all about taking the fight to Toyota Tacoma in North America as it has done against Hilux in the rest of the world.

Except this vehicle’s job is done in two years time and will be no more, it’s a place holder to get buyers used to the prices charged for a crew cab Ranger, a point often missed in these discussions 

Strategically, this was all about replacing Focus production, until just under three years ago Ford didn’t give a crap about mid-size trucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Ranger will most likely stay mid-pack in sales with the current design.  Fine by me! Keeps mine unique!  😁

I'm really not sure what the public perception is about it.  I live in Tacoma country, but everyone who sees it seems to know that it was coming / already here.  I'm flooded with "Is that the new Ranger"? all of the time, but I've only seen one other one on the roads.

IMHO, It is a very handsome vehicle.  Note I say handsome, not mean, rugged or beastly.  It may not be everyone's cup of tea especially with the super-entrenched Tacoma and the in-your-face Gladiator coming out around the same time.  It doesn't stand out much and maybe that's what people really want, a truck that is more in-your-face.  The 4 cylinder also may be a perception thing too, but they only need to take on test drive to know this thing puts down rubber.

Not sure really.  I think it suffers somewhat from "me-too" styling and not bringing much new to the segment. Plus being able to get the competition (as well as the F-150) with larger incentives doesn't help much either.

A test drive would turn perceptions around....but Ford has to get people into the dealer and testing one for that to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the Ranger, and seeing quite a few more here in the Front Range (Denver Burbs).  Something simple like a few more 'cool' color choices that appeal to younger buyers might go a long way in helping the Ranger compete against the mighty Tacoma.

Edited by Kev-Mo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

Except this vehicle’s job is done in two years time and will be no more, it’s a place holder to get buyers used to the prices charged for a crew cab Ranger, a point often missed in these discussions 

Strategically, this was all about replacing Focus production, until just under three years ago Ford didn’t give a crap about mid-size trucks

I may have missed this in a discussion, but will the next Ranger probably debut after the Bronco?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, 70 Stang said:

I may have missed this in a discussion, but will the next Ranger probably debut after the Bronco?

I have read that the Ranger is due for a complete refresh for MY2022.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 70 Stang said:

I may have missed this in a discussion, but will the next Ranger probably debut after the Bronco?

Yes Bronco debuts then Ranger then Everest (ROW only)

Somewhere in between is Amarok ( again ROW only)

Edited by jpd80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the ranger, but I think there are a few things holding it back.

1) The interior is old and boring. It’s been around for a few years already and they didn’t bother to update any of the electronics inside to match the other new vehicles ford is releasing. Top of the line lariat is still using the same screen setup I’ve had in my 2013 fusion se with my ford touch.

2) Price. Whether deserved or not, many people believe it is over priced.

3)bronco. People in the market for the ranger could also be waiting to see what the bronco or scout look like. 

4) next gen ranger leaked. I’m not sure if it was ever confirmed or not to be the next gen ranger, but when that story came out with the pics, it mentioned the all new ranger was only a couple years away. That was enough to wait a bit longer to see what an all new ranger would be like.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Yes Bronco debuts then Ranger then Everest (ROW only)

Somewhere in between is Amarok ( again ROW only)

The Amarok wont be in the states?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×