Jump to content
  • Custom Search


IMSA-XJR9

The 2020 Land Rover Defender Is Finally Here And It Looks Awesome

Recommended Posts

I think it looks good for the most part.  I don't know what those extra two lights out back are, though.  They look odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one that thinks this looks like a design from about 6 years ago?  Not too crazy about it and think its almost too "cute" to be a Defender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it. I do wish Ford had unveiled the Bronco prior. There will be people (Idiots) saying Ford copied it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Anthony said:

Am I the only one that thinks this looks like a design from about 6 years ago?  Not too crazy about it and think its almost too "cute" to be a Defender.

 

Agree strongly!   I look at this and can't help but see a  $50K Jeep Renegade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Kev-Mo said:

 

 I look at this and can't help but see a  $50K Jeep Renegade

 

:headscratch:

 

1.jpg?&width=800

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, akirby said:

 

:headscratch:

 

1.jpg?&width=800

 

Ok - To be more specific - I don't mean line for line detail - but "Size, Overall Shape, Function and Capability" 

 

Renegade.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kev-Mo said:

 

Agree strongly!   I look at this and can't help but see a  $50K Jeep Renegade

 

 

Clarification - I look at this and can't help but see a $50K Jeep Renegade,  not line for line BUT in  "Size, Overall Shape, Function and Capability" 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kev-Mo said:

 

 

Clarification - I look at this and can't help but see a $50K Jeep Renegade,  not line for line BUT in  "Size, Overall Shape, Function and Capability" 

 

 

Ok but you could say the same thing about a BMW 540i vs. a Honda Accord.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So base pricing for Defender goes from $49,900 to $89,900 . . . Thought of Bronco undercutting base prices by $15k?  ($35k-$75k?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a comment online somewhere saying that it looks like a concept from 2003. I agree... It has that retro futuristic look that was popular back then (New Beetle, PT Cruiser, Chevy SSR, etc.). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it to be ok, but I don’t feel it has that rugged appeal the original Defender had.  I usually like LR styling but this one is meh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Post deleted

Edited by tbone
Double post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, sullynd said:

I like it. I do wish Ford had unveiled the Bronco prior. There will be people (Idiots) saying Ford copied it. 

 

If this is anywhere near what the Bronco is going to look like, it will be the least of Ford's worries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, akirby said:

 

Ok but you could say the same thing about a BMW 540i vs. a Honda Accord.  

 

Fair enough -yes. 

A German BMW has a distinct road feel vs. the safe choice Honda appliance.  My wife has a BMW and I can certainly feel that German thing.  While I have no burning to desire to ever give up my Fords for it - she loves it though.

I seriously doubt that anyone would feel the difference between this and  the Jeep going up an easy USFS road while being packed to the max with a small amount of camping gear and forging a creek 1 foot deep. 

And, 'Jeep' already has the cool factor.  So no need to spend extra for that.

I'm sure well see it in the suburban school car pool line as a 'look what mamma is driving..." vehicle for those who can afford it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Kev-Mo said:

I seriously doubt that anyone would feel the difference between this and  the Jeep going up an easy USFS road while being packed to the max with a small amount of camping gear and forging a creek 1 foot deep.

 

You don't think there is any difference in performance, ride quality and amenities on a $50K+ Land Rover vs. a $25K Renegade?    Seriously???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, akirby said:

 

You don't think there is any difference in performance, ride quality and amenities on a $50K+ Land Rover vs. a $25K Renegade?    Seriously???

 

Yes, I do, they will be reveled and enjoyed in the car pool line, and the really expensive parking lot at Vail and Aspen, with the rest of the Land Rover lineup.  They have carved their niche and this fits right in.  The LR Defender faithful will be very disappointed- Jeep Wrangler still the only game in town.. No need to debate.  You always get the last word anyway.   

Edited by Kev-Mo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Anthony said:

 

If this is anywhere near what the Bronco is going to look like, it will be the least of Ford's worries.

 

If you are saying "...PLEASE real Bronco, don't be as lame and wimpy as this..."  Then I strongly agree!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×