Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

2 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

I think the 2 door looks the best from what I've seen so far. No way in hell I'd get one having a child, but if didn't have a son it would be the one I'd get.

There will be too many good products to choose from when i decide it's time for the Fusion to be replaced. I'd like the idea of one with a manual and V6 mid level optioned. No Baja grade tires but still off road capable. I wonder if I could get something like that for around 35-40?  Time will tell.

You do realise that the 2-door has rear seats as well.....

2 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

You do realise that the 2-door has rear seats as well.....

Yes. However, I have a special needs 5 year old that already can have a tough time getting into my Fusion. No need to make his life anymore difficult by making him contort to get in. Actually, if he didn't have special needs I would get the four door to make it easier anyway. I think the take rate on the two door will be low (10% or less) but totally understand why it's necessary. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, 2005Explorer said:

I am curious to see if the manual will be offered on the 2.3 4 cyl and the V6 or the it'll be only available with the 4 cyl. I know many times in the past with other vehicles the larger engine option is auto only. I guess we'll know soon.

I'd venture to guess that Bronco might be an exception to that pattern, at least early on (before they start decontenting as they do lol).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

I am curious to see if the manual will be offered on the 2.3 4 cyl and the V6 or the it'll be only available with the 4 cyl. I know many times in the past with other vehicles the larger engine option is auto only. I guess we'll know soon.

I'm intrigued by the manual option but not enough to go 4 cyl over V6, and I have to think I'm not alone?

6 hours ago, probowler said:

I'm intrigued by the manual option but not enough to go 4 cyl over V6, and I have to think I'm not alone?

You are deffinelty not alone!  According to this article it appears the manual tranny should easily handle the torque of any engine that will fit in the new Bronco:

https://carbuzz.com/news/confirmed-ford-bronco-is-getting-a-manual

Edited by CoolScoop

4 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

I'm curious about that too. I personally don't care but I know there's a lot of people that do. 

On 6/20/2020 at 11:08 AM, CoolScoop said:

Better yet... justify real Bronco for the dads and Sport for the kids!

Well that would be great, but I don’t want to give up my Raptor. There can only be so many toys in the garage.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, probowler said:

Im fine with the 2.3...especially given the new flash from Ford...+45hp and +60 ft pounds of Torque....the Ranger scoots as is...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Deanh said:

Im fine with the 2.3...especially given the new flash from Ford...+45hp and +60 ft pounds of Torque....the Ranger scoots as is...

It's hilarious when folks refer to the 2.3 as the 4 cylinder implying that it's less than capable.  

Just for reference:

Upgraded Ranger 2.3LEB:   320 hp/355 lb-ft

2010 F150 4.6L V8:            248 hp/294 lb-ft

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, akirby said:

It's hilarious when folks refer to the 2.3 as the 4 cylinder implying that it's less than capable.  

Just for reference:

Ehhhh... give me MORE POWERRRRR hahaha.

58 minutes ago, akirby said:

Just for reference:

Buh... buh... muh V8 

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Just for reference:

It literally is less capable than the V6 but okay lol.

11 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Buh... buh... muh V8 

Look at the Challenger.... 707 HP > 320 HP.  If you're fine with Ford's baby engines, that's cool, but you have to admit even a coyote powered Bronco would be a hoot!  I'm going to keep the dream alive in the hopes that Ford one day figures out how to fit a V8 into the Bronco... if they can do it for the rumored raptor ranger, I think that's worth a little hope. Or maybe the Bronco brand will be a huge success and we get an F-150 Based "Super" Bronco which does fit bigger engines. I wouldn't mind that option either!

4 minutes ago, probowler said:

How do you figure? 

4 minutes ago, probowler said:

Look at the Challenger.... 707 HP > 320 HP.

Completely different engines for completely different purposes. 

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Just for reference:

the Ranger stock hauls backside….reflash to those specs...that's crazy...2 door Bronco, 7 speed sztick with a reflash...woo hooo...and somehow I truly doubt the 2.7 will be avail with a maual trans...I rather take less poiwer with a manual, than more than an auto...I know, I know...youll be like my wife and think Im crazy...

43 minutes ago, probowler said:

Look at the Challenger.... 707 HP > 320 HP.  If you're fine with Ford's baby engines, that's cool, but you have to admit even a coyote powered Bronco would be a hoot!  I'm going to keep the dream alive in the hopes that Ford one day figures out how to fit a V8 into the Bronco... if they can do it for the rumored raptor ranger, I think that's worth a little hope. Or maybe the Bronco brand will be a huge success and we get an F-150 Based "Super" Bronco which does fit bigger engines. I wouldn't mind that option either!

rumor is the 3.0 from the Explorer ST is making its way into a Bronco R. that's 400 hp there...not too far behind the F150s Raptor engine...and dare I say it...power to weight might actually be superior...

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Deanh said:

rumor is the 3.0 from the Explorer ST is making its way into a Bronco R. that's 400 hp there...not too far behind the F150s Raptor engine...and dare I say it...power to weight might actually be superior...

Until the Raptor R get the GT500 engine....rumors so we'll see

2 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

Until the Raptor R get the GT500 engine....rumors so we'll see

This is what I’m hoping for, which will get me to trade.  The Ram TRX is supposed to be getting another motor as well that is 500+ hp, so Ford will need to respond to that in some way too.  

4 hours ago, probowler said:

What does Challenger have to do with Bronco?

1 hour ago, probowler said:

FCA might disagree since they're rumored to be putting a Hellcat into one of their Ram off-road trucks.

Again, what does that have to do with Bronco?  Are they putting a Hellcat into the Wrangler?  No.

Edited by rmc523

1 hour ago, probowler said:

FCA might disagree since they're rumored to be putting a Hellcat into one of their Ram off-road trucks.

Which would be an extremely low volume HALO vehicle that would most likely retail for 2 -3 times that of a Bronco...that's like comparing a Fusion to a GT500..... 

• Like 2