Enjoy today, Boys. it's Bronco Time

14 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I can't wait to start building them. Bump results should go up today so hopefully by the time the reveal starts at 8 I should know for sure whether or not I'll be on the Bronco line (I'm 95% sure now but I've been burned before). 

Why am I hearing Johnny Cash's One Piece At a Time now?

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

It definitely has a Scout vibe to it, but some of the early Bronco’s styling cue’s wouldn’t translate very well to a modern vehicle.

I don't know, I think the EB is still the king when it comes to styling. It's just classic.

Even Autoextremist is enjoying Bronco Time, his rant for this week is all about Bronco. http://www.autoextremist.com/

"But make no mistake, the initial frenzy for the Bronco will be strong, especially with a starting price of around $30,000 (although you can bet that to get one at intro, you’ll be spending easily $15,000 more). But for how long? Once the first-on-the block fanboys get one, then what? Will the momentum be sustainable? And the billion-dollar question hanging over every Ford intro? Can the Bronco be built without production hiccups, interruptions, or recalls? Ford’s track record in this area has been dismal, to put it charitably, and a super-hyped vehicle like the Bronco cannot afford any missteps of any kind, certainly not with the nanosecond attention spans of today’s fickle consumers.

And one more thing, Bronco is undoubtedly one of the great names in the automobile business, which makes the fact that Ford left it sitting on the shelf for two decades a complete travesty. I do wish Ford the best with it, however, I really do. And kudos to the True Believers at Ford for finally pulling it off. But Ford operatives will need absolutely everything to go right in order for the Bronco to succeed. And I mean everything.

As for the future buyers waiting to get their hands on one, don’t dust your spurs off just yet, pardners. It’s going to be a long wait.

And that’s the High-Octane Truth for this week."

Edited by rperez817
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 7Mary3 said:

I also like the fact that it has a steel body and IFS......

I have a funny feeling that it's not all steel, just guessing.  I'd be willing to bet the hood and doors and tailgate are aluminum.  I also was looking at the rear fenders and I noticed the way they are attached to the rear door opening on the 4 door and body on the two door.  It looks like it could be a composite even.  It's not spot welded and sealed traditionally...I think.  Maybe it can be replaced for damage or another fender design....

6 minutes ago, buddysystem said:

I have a funny feeling that it's not all steel, just guessing.  I'd be willing to bet the hood and doors and tailgate are aluminum.  I also was looking at the rear fenders and I noticed the way they are attached to the rear door opening on the 4 door and body on the two door.  It looks like it could be a composite even.  It's not spot welded and sealed traditionally...I think.  Maybe it can be replaced for damage or another fender design....

Doors are confirmed aluminum.. via the M/T piece.

26 minutes ago, buddysystem said:

I noticed that too.  I don't care about 'swing' panels and outer non-structural fenders.  Lighter is better and they are easily replaced.

Here's my take as a 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited owner

Bronco Pros:

Frame-less doors and fender mounted mirrors.  Jeep can have issues with exterior hinge corrosion and door weight. Curious how the hinges and wiring work

Modern Suspension.  Coil over shock springs and trick IFS looks promising. Better for 90% of users

Roof. No mid bar open roof looks great, modular pieces lighter weight for moving and storage

Drive train.  7 speed with granny allows for a normal first gear allowing a better start from stop, both engines look great on par axles from Dana

Design.  It looks very good but a touch more cartoonish than the Wrangler.  I thinks it's from the over fenders.

Electronic Wizardry.  12" display and IP well done.  5-7 modes of operation could be interesting if done right.  Perimeter view handy

Cargo area.  I like the slide out tailgate with the Ford logo.  Well done.  Cargo underneath this space?

Interior.  Looks like a lot more appearance options and styles. Nice use of dash space. Nice console and better window switch location 

Sasquatch. Yep.

Bronco Cons:

Roof. No mid bar eliminated overhead lighting over cabin, speakers.  Not obvious if a conventional convertible roof exists for various levels of open-ness

Audio.  TBD, speaker locations aren't obvious.  Front mid knee? Dash yes.  Rear passengers and cargo Sub performance?

Drive train.  They have to know that everyone really wants a Coyote in this thing.  The 8 spd in the Jeep is excellent.  The ford 10 speed may be as well but overkill.

Design. The cargo area lift height should have followed the door height and the door could have used the f150 mirror drop line

Electronic Wizardry.  A real tachometer instead of a speedometer would have been better with just a numeric digital speedo in the center

Interior.  The HVAC and stereo controls and location are very underwhelming (the mounting panel mostly).  Grab handles are cool but should be up on A pillar.

Just my initial thoughts...

2 minutes ago, buddysystem said:

Drive train.  They have to know that everyone really wants a Coyote in this thing.  The 8 spd in the Jeep is excellent.  The ford 10 speed may be as well but overkill. 

Not everyone...the V8 argument is just some nuckledraggers that have never driven an Ecoboost vehicle.

The I4 Ecoboost has more power/torque then any V8 ever offered in a Bronco and is more powerful then the Wrangler V6. 

When you can add 50-100HP in 5 minutes  with just a new tune on a V8, maybe you'd have something, but this is common place on Ecoboost vehicles. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I just hope this doesn't backfire...we had over 110 reservations come over last night...theres going to be a LOT of people get pissed off when they realize this will be allocation dependent....

I honestly think this whole reservation thing is to gauge whether or not additional manpower (read: third shift) might be necessary. 

1 minute ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I honestly think this whole reservation thing is to gauge whether or not additional manpower (read: third shift) might be necessary. 

Yeah, they have to thread the needle between long term demand and short term demand - everyone wants one now......they want to be able to fill what orders they have, but also want long term demand to remain high.  Hopefully they do it right.