Jump to content

None






akirby

Official 2021 Bronco Sport Reveal

Recommended Posts

Having owned a Bronco ll for 10 years, I see a lot of Bronco ll DNA in the Bronco Sport. Tall, stubby, and boxy just like my old Bronco ll.

I say it in a positive way as the Bronco Sport captures the best attributes of the Bronco ll in an improved, modern way without the tipsy nature. Looks like Ford has a winner here. I'll stick with my new Escape, but wouldn't be surprised if the Sport outsells the Escape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Build and price link

 

https://shop.ford.com/configure/broncosport/model/customize/base

 

Not much in the way of options on them, which is a good and bad thing.

 

Not a fan of the highlight trim color they are using on the Outer Banks and Badlands edition

2.0L Ecoboost only in the First and Badlands Editions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reception in Brazilian forums has been very very poisitive. A loooot of confusion regarding Baby Bronco x Big Broncos, though. The news have been on the cover of most auto webistes here, so people are very excited to see them on our roads.

 

Very capable for a unibody SUV. I enjoy the looks, which we already knew. But I expected it to be at least the same size as the Compass, since it is supposed to compete with Compass/Cherokee. In four years time, I can see it competing with higher trims of the upcoming generations of the Renegade and Ecosport too, which are expected to grow. I am just worried about the trunks, which seem small-ish to me. Has anyone come across information on cargo capacity?

Edited by passis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, passis said:

The reception in Brazilian forums has been very very poisitive. A loooot of confusion regarding Baby Bronco x Big Broncos, though. The news have been on the cover of most auto webistes here, so people are very excited to see them on our roads.

 

Very capable for a unibody SUV. I enjoy the looks, which we already knew. But I expected it to be at least the same size as the Compass, since it is supposed to compete with Compass/Cherokee. In four years time, I can see it competing with higher trims of the upcoming generations of the Renegade and Ecosport too, which are expected to grow. I am just worried about the trunks, which seem small-ish to me. Has anyone come across information on cargo capacity?

 

I believe it's almost 60 cubic feet and the roof is tall enough to fit 2 bikes upright like on the 2011 Escape. My Escape has a couple more cubic feet, but the roof isn't tall enough to fit bikes in upright. Also, the most you can tow with the Sport is 2200 pounds while the Escape with 2.0 can tow 3500 pounds.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder why the the towing capacity is so low compared to the Escape. I was leaning towards the bronco two door already and that sealed the deal.  With just me and wife now at home, no need for extra doors, do need to haul a 19 ft boat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bronco-sport-first-edition1.jpg

 

I think the first edition has the best grille with its blacked out letters.

 

I mentioned this in the other thread, but from looking at the dimensions, it’s just too small for me. If this were escape size, it would be a different story. My current escape (2017 is 178.1” long) is about as small as I want to go and the Sport is 5.5” shorter than it is. numbers can be deceiving though so I’ll have to wait until I can sit in it.

 

the photos are also deceptive. Sometimes it looks really cool like these below and other times it looks kinda boring.

c03e9f3fb572d0e27ac3e02a27d0f165aaba75dac6c2adb6daae7eb3647ef163


The interior could be better but it has some good points. I don’t like the parts it shares with the escape, but that’s just me. My biggest complaint is the lack of color on the dash area. Yes it has some body color trim, but that doesn’t seem enough to break up all the black plastic on the dash and all the black switch gear. Some brushed aluminum would go a long way in this interior.2021-Ford-Bronco-Sport-Badlands-1.jpg?fi

 

what they got right on the interior is the leather color. This brown is nice. The MOLLE strips seem kinda like a gimmic to me but the zipper pocket is nice and the under seat storage is cool.2021-Ford-Bronco-Sport-Badlands-2.jpg?fi

2021-Ford-Bronco-Sport-interior-13.jpg?f

2021-Ford-Bronco-Sport-interior-7.jpg?fi
going forward, every ford cuv/suv should have this diamond plate plastic available in the cargo area. It’s cool and looks like it will take a beating.2021-Ford-Bronco-Sport-interior-11.jpg?f

 

I think this will sell well. It’s priced a bit high compared to the Jeep Compass, but the badlands seems to be better than the trail hawk all around.minus the top trim, the compass seems to be pretty competitive and a few thousand cheaper. I’m guessing 1-2k in incentives will really move these.

I hope that the next gen grows a bit bigger. I know a lot of people who were hoping for a vehicle like this but escape sized. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The dimensions of the Bronco Sport leave room for a longer member of the family. That shouldn't be too hard to develop, I guess. Maybe the CX758 is something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Any ideas when the order guide will come out? 


the build and price was up yesterday, but I haven’t been able to get it to work today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pictor said:

I wonder why the the towing capacity is so low compared to the Escape. I was leaning towards the bronco two door already and that sealed the deal.  With just me and wife now at home, no need for extra doors, do need to haul a 19 ft boat.

 

I believe it's the gearing which helps make it a better offroader than the Escape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, T-dubz said:


the build and price was up yesterday, but I haven’t been able to get it to work today.

 

I was messing with it earlier today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Little disappointed with the leather color on the badlands package and lack of copilot 360 2.0 on the first edition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, passis said:

The dimensions of the Bronco Sport leave room for a longer member of the family. That shouldn't be too hard to develop, I guess. Maybe the CX758 is something like that.

 

But that would technically butt up against the 2 door Bronco.

 

Ford needs maybe two more products that are slotted under the Escape and Bronco Sport-One to replace the Ecosport in NA and maybe a "cheap" Three row vehicle. Not sure if/when we will see the Puma in the new world. Maybe if the Fusion Sportback or whatever it is called is a success, they will bring it over as a smaller companion to it. 

Not 100% sure how Ford is gonna handle the low end of the market...but then again the Ecosport "sells" and I'm assuming they are at least breaking even on it and I don't see a leading product (maybe the Soul) in the B sized CUV market either...so they might just want to do it on the cheap for the time being and focus on stuff that actually sells and makes $$$. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling that the short C Bronco Sport is priced perfectly to catch the current Ecosport buyers along with all the fans too,

and then there’s the compact pickup......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

But that would technically butt up against the 2 door Bronco.


It would size-wise but they’re still going to attract a different customer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:


It would size-wise but they’re still going to attract a different customer. 

Yeah but Passos was asking about a longer version of the Bronco Sport.......

personally, I think the bronco Sport will be very space efficient 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Yeah but Passos was asking about a longer version of the Bronco Sport.......

personally, I think the bronco Sport will be very space efficient 

It depends on the kind of stuff you are putting in that space I’d guess. The bronco sport out classes most of its competitors in cargo space because it’s taller and boxier, not necessarily because it’s deeper. For me, height is rarely the problem with cargo area. It’s usually width or depth so the extra area would be just wasted space for me. But if you are someone who carries taller objects, like the bikes they mention, then that space would help out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I can say is that I have not wanted to buy a crossover, as I prefer the ride and handling of a good sedan.  

 

But I want one of these.  The design really works. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, T-dubz said:

It depends on the kind of stuff you are putting in that space I’d guess. The bronco sport out classes most of its competitors in cargo space because it’s taller and boxier, not necessarily because it’s deeper. For me, height is rarely the problem with cargo area. It’s usually width or depth so the extra area would be just wasted space for me. But if you are someone who carries taller objects, like the bikes they mention, then that space would help out.

There's sturdy mounting points for roof racks, you can carry a small boat or kayak or other long things up there. 

Edited by jpd80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, T-dubz said:

bronco-sport-first-edition1.jpg

 

I think the first edition has the best grille with its blacked out letters.

 

I mentioned this in the other thread, but from looking at the dimensions, it’s just too small for me. If this were escape size, it would be a different story. My current escape (2017 is 178.1” long) is about as small as I want to go and the Sport is 5.5” shorter than it is. numbers can be deceiving though so I’ll have to wait until I can sit in it.

 

the photos are also deceptive. Sometimes it looks really cool like these below and other times it looks kinda boring.

c03e9f3fb572d0e27ac3e02a27d0f165aaba75dac6c2adb6daae7eb3647ef163


The interior could be better but it has some good points. I don’t like the parts it shares with the escape, but that’s just me. My biggest complaint is the lack of color on the dash area. Yes it has some body color trim, but that doesn’t seem enough to break up all the black plastic on the dash and all the black switch gear. Some brushed aluminum would go a long way in this interior.2021-Ford-Bronco-Sport-Badlands-1.jpg?fi

 

what they got right on the interior is the leather color. This brown is nice. The MOLLE strips seem kinda like a gimmic to me but the zipper pocket is nice and the under seat storage is cool.2021-Ford-Bronco-Sport-Badlands-2.jpg?fi

2021-Ford-Bronco-Sport-interior-13.jpg?f

2021-Ford-Bronco-Sport-interior-7.jpg?fi
going forward, every ford cuv/suv should have this diamond plate plastic available in the cargo area. It’s cool and looks like it will take a beating.2021-Ford-Bronco-Sport-interior-11.jpg?f

 

I think this will sell well. It’s priced a bit high compared to the Jeep Compass, but the badlands seems to be better than the trail hawk all around.minus the top trim, the compass seems to be pretty competitive and a few thousand cheaper. I’m guessing 1-2k in incentives will really move these.

I hope that the next gen grows a bit bigger. I know a lot of people who were hoping for a vehicle like this but escape sized. 

 

 

Since the rebates on the new Escape including the better selling hybrid are about $3,500, I would think the Sport would be similar. Maybe not at first, but soon after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

 

Since the rebates on the new Escape including the better selling hybrid are about $3,500, I would think the Sport would be similar. Maybe not at first, but soon after.


That would be a bad sign.  I think they priced Escape high just to see what they could get.  I expect Escape prices to drop some once the Sport arrives but I expect Sport rebates to remain on the lower side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I mentioned this in the other thread, but from looking at the dimensions, it’s just too small for me. If this were escape size, it would be a different story. My current escape (2017 is 178.1” long) is about as small as I want to go and the Sport is 5.5” shorter than it is. numbers can be deceiving though so I’ll have to wait until I can sit in it.
 

I hope that the next gen grows a bit bigger. I know a lot of people who were hoping for a vehicle like this but escape sized. 

 

 

T-dubz,

   Have you actually started comparing interior dimensions, or just the OAL?  Looking at a 2017 Escape vs the 2021 Sport, I'll bet that 3" of that difference is from the front overhang, the other 2" is the back end.  The numbers I'm looking at are pretty comparable in the main cabin.

 

HRG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×