Bronco Overland build

2 hours ago, atomcat68 said:

Isn't Overland a Jeep trademark?

I think "overland" is being used as the action this Bronco concept would be used for, not as a trim name...so no infringements.  Just like Wranglers can drive through Big Bend and the Outer Banks, Broncos can go overlanding!

It’s a pretty sweet ride, but I’d be happier if they shows actual production vehicles. This is another concept with a roof and wheels you can’t order. There are other trims that ford really hasnt shown off yet, like the big bend or black diamond. Why not outfit one of those with some ford accessories that you can actually order and show them off?

2 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

It’s a pretty sweet ride, but I’d be happier if they shows actual production vehicles. This is another concept with a roof and wheels you can’t order. There are other trims that ford really hasnt shown off yet, like the big bend or black diamond. Why not outfit one of those with some ford accessories that you can actually order and show them off?

Since you know that all the things that are on this vehicle are not Ford accessories that you can actually order?

9 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Since you know that all the things that are on this vehicle are not Ford accessories that you can actually order?

I specifically said you can’t order the wheels and roof. The video says the wheels are fifteen52 brand and the roof is not a production roof.

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

I specifically said you can’t order the wheels and roof. The video says the wheels are fifteen52 brand and the roof is not a production roof.

Ok, but you can't look at the rest of the vehicle and ignore the two things that aren't offered through Ford?

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Ok, but you can't look at the rest of the vehicle and ignore the two things that aren't offered through Ford?

Sure, I’m just saying why not advertise the products you actually sell? The trail rig concept (2 door badlands with tube doors) is exactly what I’m talking about. It was all options available on the badlands and accessories ford will sell. They could have done the same thing with the black diamond showing off it’s optional wheels and a color matched painted hard top which I don’t think we have seen yet, as well as some of the other 200 accessories they haven’t shown off. The added bonus would be that you are showing off another trim that hasn’t really been seen much.

14 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Sure, I’m just saying why not advertise the products you actually sell? The trail rig concept (2 door badlands with tube doors) is exactly what I’m talking about. It was all options available on the badlands and accessories ford will sell. They could have done the same thing with the black diamond showing off it’s optional wheels and a color matched painted hard top which I don’t think we have seen yet, as well as some of the other 200 accessories they haven’t shown off. The added bonus would be that you are showing off another trim that hasn’t really been seen much.

The BroncoNation video mentioned that Ford included the top with the filled in windows to gauge interest for it as a potential option in the future, so there's that aspect of it too.

I agree, the inclusion of the wheels at this point don't make much sense.

17 hours ago, T-dubz said:

?...that roof isn't custom...its from Ford I believe...Carbonized grey has been mentioned a few times in press releases...I guess we will have to wait till late October for the build and price to verify.

8 minutes ago, Deanh said:

?...that roof isn't custom...its from Ford I believe...Carbonized grey has been mentioned a few times in press releases...I guess we will have to wait till late October for the build and price to verify.

I think it's the missing rear side windows that makes it custom?

13 minutes ago, Deanh said:

It has solid windows in the rear for privacy I guess...the production one is glass

1 hour ago, probowler said:

Interesting.

It would be cool if the panel could be swapped out for a regular window as desired.

I remember reading or seeing the windows being removable in the rear...would be easy to replace with a panel if so