Sore Subject... What are the fuel prices in your area?

59 minutes ago, Andrew L said:

I filled up the Aviator last night with premium for 3.85 a gallon in Bradenton, FL

I used upside and got .19 cents back a gallon which helps a little.

I use premium, and the station I go to has hovered around $3.99 for a while now (I too use upside which sometimes only gives a few cents back, but sometimes a few dollars a tank).

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 2:25 PM, ice-capades said:

Just a matter of time and not long probably before prices go a lot higher. The most recent factor months ago was OPEC+ reducing production and now the situation with Gaza, Hamas, Iran, etc. The U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) was created for emergency situations but used recently for political reasons in order to keep gas prices lower. The SPR volume is now the lowest in 40 years and it will take years to replenish the supply at substantially higher costs. We now have a legitimate situation in the Middle East which could lead to a major escalation in oil prices and substantially higher gas prices in the U.S. soon.   

Yeah, it's incredibly short-sighted to 1) not fill it when prices were low, and 2) use it for political reasons.

• Like 2

Not sure why, but the independent station in my home town dropped their price for 87 from 3.54 to 3.39/gal in the just the past couple of days. Most other stations in the area range from 3.55 to 3.69. The only thing I can assume is that the owner is doing the community a favor over the holiday weekend. He's one of those rare good guys. His major business has been providing water via tanker trucks to the companies drilling Marcellus Shale natural gas wells. That business has obviously taken a hit under the current whatever you call it.

8 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I use premium, and the station I go to has hovered around $3.99 for a while now (I too use upside which sometimes only gives a few cents back, but sometimes a few dollars a tank).

It adds up when you have a big tank the Aviator I think has a 23 or 24 gallon tank.  I think it took 22 gallons when I filled up.

Filled at an Exxon at $2.499 first tank this morning.  Second partial tank was at $2.599 (pump card reader could not read my card so I prepaid partial inside). Third fill-up was at $2.999, trying to avoid higher prices in Florida, but turns out Florida Loves would have been cheaper at $2.699.

So far averaging well under $3.00/gallon feels like a good deal overall.  Now if only I could get 50% higher MPG I’d be even happier.

On 11/22/2023 at 7:28 PM, Andrew L said:

It adds up when you have a big tank the Aviator I think has a 23 or 24 gallon tank.  I think it took 22 gallons when I filled up.

Oh I know - my Bronco's tank will do about 21 when just above empty - I use upside as much as i can.

20 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Oh I know - my Bronco's tank will do about 21 when just above empty - I use upside as much as i can.

My 36 gallon F150 laughs at your puny tanks……  But my wallet cries when I fill it up.

i wouldn’t have ordered it that way but that’s what was in stock.  It is nice to see a 750 mile range.

22 hours ago, akirby said:

My 36 gallon F150 laughs at your puny tanks……  But my wallet cries when I fill it up.

i wouldn’t have ordered it that way but that’s what was in stock.  It is nice to see a 750 mile range.

I've been with my dad and brother when he fills his Raptor and F-150 and it's....yikes lol.   They both use premium as well.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 12:26 PM, Tico said:

Regular gas around MIlwaukee is low of $2.68 at Costco up to $2.99 next to the freeway off ramps. Averaging around $2.85 according to gas buddy app. Not sure why it is so much higher some other parts of the country.

Here in PA it's because of all the extra road taxes, etc. that get added on that most other states don't have. And yet our highways still suck. ?

This morning's gas prices in Hamden, CT (New Haven)

• $3.29 Regular (Cash) @ Gulf
  • $3.55 Regular (Cash) @ Citgo

Gulf prices dropped this morning but not at the Citgo station. I'd expect the Citgo stations to drop by tomorrow as they usually drop within a day of the Gulf station. Even so, CT gas prices are traditionally above the national average due to the zone pricing and other factors. 

GasBuddy_2023-12-08_Hamden, CT_Gulf.jpg

GasBuddy_2023-12-08_Hamden, CT_Citgo.jpg

Our 87 E-10 Reg is $2.969/gal, down from $3.099 over the last 10 days. Most of the TC metro is $2.99-$3.09/gal. still.

91 E-0 Premium is running $3.569/gal. to $3.969/gal. at our 5 stations; all within a ~1 mile radius. Oddly, the Top Tier station (Marathon) is the lowest.

We don't have 93 octane available in this area.

23 hours ago, Chrisgb said:

Our 87 E-10 Reg is $2.969/gal, down from $3.099 over the last 10 days. Most of the TC metro is $2.99-$3.09/gal. still.

91 E-0 Premium is running $3.569/gal. to $3.969/gal. at our 5 stations; all within a ~1 mile radius. Oddly, the Top Tier station (Marathon) is the lowest.

We don't have 93 octane available in this area.

Update: our prices went down another nickel per grade later that day: $2.949 reg, but now the Holiday has the lowest 91 E-0 at $3.54.

I paid $2.30/gal for E10 87 yesterday in Norman. Sucks that I was getting terrible gas mileage because I was dragging my brother's sea anchor, err, 2-horse trailer so we could move more junk and stuff and things from my folks' place before closing in a couple of weeks. I swear, it was like towing a drag chute; I've towed far heavier loads, but nothing made my truck suck down gasoline like hauling that little trailer. 

• Like 1

It is $2.72 per gallon for regular in central Ohio.  It is predicted to go below $2.00 by Christmas.

I use the Gas Buddy app which lops off 3 cents per gallon.  I also have the Gas Buddy fuel card that is linked to my bank account.  By using it I can get up to 25 cents per gallon off the posted price.  I can also use a stations customer loyalty card to use accumulated discounts from them.