Next gen Lincoln Nautilus for China and North America leaked

On 8/27/2023 at 1:50 AM, Gurgeh said:

So, is the hybrid version of the 2024 Nautilus for China's domestic market a PHEV, while the version for North America is a traditional hybrid?

it is not a PHEV, it's just a traditional hybrid (Nautilus FHEV) just as the North America model.

btw, they also showed the Corsair Hybrid

image.thumb.png.50f2f47d49d88ec6580a1d65f6828e0b.png

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 11.00.35.png

• Like 1

Had my 2021 Nautilus in for service today , and was discussing the new 24 with the Lincoln concierge at my dealership.  
There is a full Canadian dealership introduction and soft public launch in November.  Cars will be available soon after at dealerships on a rotating basis for preview and test drive.  

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

It's a shame our Corsair didn't get the new front end.

Yeah, that's an odd choice. That should be the go to front end for the refreshed aviator as well, but that doesn't appear to be the case. It's sharper, and a little more squared off, which suits the CUV shape better imo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tbone said:

Of course they do.  Ford likes to give China better products and/or more options.  It’s mind boggling to me.  

It boils down to more competition and less "mature" car market that doesn't have encroached players in it. I'm also curious to know if these products are also priced higher then they are in the US. 

Its like people bitching about Fords interiors over the years-in the grand scheme of things the buyers don't "care" that much about it-just purists and auto related forums do because its an "easy" measurable metric to judge something on or bitch about. 

13 hours ago, tbone said:

Of course they do.  Ford likes to give China better products and/or more options.  It’s mind boggling to me.  

You’re so right it really really pisses me off and I just don’t get it. Some of the moves this company are making are quite angering to me as an employee of this corporation.

Edited by Oacjay98

15 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

It boils down to more competition and less "mature" car market that doesn't have encroached players in it. I'm also curious to know if these products are also priced higher then they are in the US. 

Its like people bitching about Fords interiors over the years-in the grand scheme of things the buyers don't "care" that much about it-just purists and auto related forums do because its an "easy" measurable metric to judge something on or bitch about. 

Sure, but doesn't that also mean they should work harder to try to grow their customer base in their home market?  And not just settle for the 'oh we'll increase the screen 1" and rework the grille insert and call it a day!!

Customers will pay for a perceived improvement.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tbone said:

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense

20 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Sure, but doesn't that also mean they should work harder to try to grow their customer base in their home market?  And not just settle for the 'Oh we'll increase the screen 1" and rework the grille insert and call it a day!!

Agree, they should do better because it seems they don't try that hard. The Corsair refresh is the perfect example as you have said

21 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Sure, but doesn't that also mean they should work harder to try to grow their customer base in their home market?  And not just settle for the 'oh we'll increase the screen 1" and rework the grille insert and call it a day!!

Yes, totally agree.  I can’t tell you the last time I saw a Lincoln tv advertisement or print ad.  I still contend they have great products that not many know about. 

And doing mediocre refreshes doesn’t move the needle much either.

15 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

My cursory search of Chinese pricing brought up this for an Aviator Reserve.  

Lincoln Aviator Reserve 2023 Price in China is CHN 410,690 (US$58,670)

A quick look for the US pricing indicated the most popular trim level, the Reserve trim, starts at $57,900 MSRP. For 2023. 

Now,  I did not take steps to validate these numbers, but let’s assume for the moment they are true, there’s very little price difference between the two. If Lincoln is trying to hit a certain price point by not including the upgraded materials and options on the US version, how about a least offering them as options, considering they’re already in the Ford parts bin.  

To me, it’s just a half assed effort on Ford/Lincoln’s part to make the brand the best that it can be, when I am certain they can be class leading if they wanted to be.  

I also forgot to add the standalone Lincoln dealership near me, which is also combined with a Volvo dealership, still has no new Lincolns on the lot.  In contrast , there are probably 30 to 40 of the various models of Volvos present.  What would this dealership do if it were a Lincoln only dealership?  

I asked them about it when I was using their charger to charge the Mach E, and the sales person said they can’t get any and it would probably be months if you wanted one. You can take that with a grain of salt, but if it’s true, that’s just ridiculous, and there is little excuse for that. 

3 hours ago, tbone said:

I also forgot to add the standalone Lincoln dealership near me, which is also combined with a Volvo dealership, still has no new Lincolns on the lot.  In contrast , there are probably 30 to 40 of the various models of Volvos present.  What would this dealership do if it were a Lincoln only dealership?  

I asked them about it when I was using their charger to charge the Mach E, and the sales person said they can’t get any and it would probably be months if you wanted one. You can take that with a grain of salt, but if it’s true, that’s just ridiculous, and there is little excuse for that. 

There are 3 stand alone Lincoln Dealerships near me.  One is part of AutoNation in Clearwater and the building is a pretty good size, they tend to always have new models available probably because they are part of AutoNation. The one in Sarasota is super old and in dire need of a remodel and a true stand alone no partnership or anything.  The showroom is straight from the 70s with wood paneling on the walls.  I honestly have no idea how they can still sell Lincolns without having any kind of update done to the store itself.  The owner keeps a 73 Cougar parked in the showroom too, their lot is super small.  The last one in Tampa just had a total remodel and is super nice inside and out and part of another dealer network called "Parks".  They tend to be well stocked as well.  I guess it depends on if you are partnered up with a big network or not. 

4 hours ago, akirby said:

While I agree Ford seems lazy on some NA models, you do have to remember that each market is different and what sells in one market may not in another, and pricing and competition are totally different.

I agree, but the competition numbers say that Ford can do a lot better! In a lot of segments!

For example: how does Acura sells more vehicles than Lincoln

How on earth an MDX or a XT6 are better than the Aviator

4 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Because they offer more models and sell basically a tarted up Civic as an entry level model?

True, but that leads to another question then, Why does Lincoln have fewer models compared to other luxury brands?

Also, I was thinking more on and direct comparison, like a said: Mdx vs Aviator for example

12 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Because they offer more models and sell basically a tarted up Civic as an entry level model?

Acura offering more models helps and selling a "tarted up Civic" is not unlike the Big 3's decades-long practice of selling upscaled or different versions of vehicles across different divisions such as Ford > Mercury, Chevrolet > Buick > Pontiac > Oldsmobile, etc. It helps them increase sales and improve plant utilization and efficiency at a reasonable incremental cost. 

Edited by ice-capades

15 hours ago, joseodiaga4 said:

How on earth an MDX or a XT6 are better than the Aviator

According to Consumer Reports, MDX and XT6 have better reliability ratings than Aviator (which is one of the least reliable vehicles in their entire survey) but only slightly lower road test scores. Of the 3, MDX is easily the best choice overall.

image.thumb.png.744078c120030f797885abb6a8dae1b9.png

Edited by rperez817