Ford May Postpone New EV Launches Amid Strategy Reboot

ice-capades

23 hours ago, joseodiaga4 said:

According to Borg, Ford has delayed the launch of the 3-Row EV by another 2 years, pushing it out until Late 2027..

He says that Ford is going back to the drawing board on the battery pack with a complete redesign that brings it inline with the CE1 platform.
Also, the vehicles may see major redesigns.
This may also explain why Lincoln abandoned electrification plans at the dealerships and removed the Lincoln Star.

I’m skeptical and what happens to OAC for the next 3 years?! We have a Stellantis plant that’s on a 2 year retool. If this turns out to be true at all Ford fucked up royally.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Texasota said:

Who or what is Borg?

A former member who likes to impress others with his insider knowledge of Ford product development.  He was frequently wrong and when he got called out on it he would pout and leave for awhile.  Stopped posting 5 yrs ago here but still posts on GMI.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, akirby said:

A former member who likes to impress others with his insider knowledge of Ford product development.  He was frequently wrong and when he got called out on it he would pout and leave for awhile.  Stopped posting 5 yrs ago here but still posts on GMI.

Um yeah I know the past four years have blinked by but when I was looking before the last time he logged in using that account was 2017! LOL

31 minutes ago, akirby said:

16 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Um yeah I know the past four years have blinked by but when I was looking before the last time he logged in using that account was 2017! LOL

He did come back here with a new username of 'Assimilator' and then left on February 4, 2020.

As for Ford EV plans, who knows what's going on since Ford will likely change these new plans in just a few months from now. lol It's certain that the F-150 T3 project is still set as planned at BOC in Tennessee. Same with the Kentucky battery plant (1st is almost complete, if not already, with the 2nd plant delayed). The Ford 3-row EVs, is still a mystery. ExplorerDude said above that Job 1 is around March of 2025 at OAC. I feel for the OAC workers who are still out of the loop as to what's going on there regarding re-tooling plans, what the EVs look like, etc.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Didn’t somebody find him making YouTube videos of unboxing things under his real name of Mike something?

2 hours ago, akirby said:

That's a problem. So we basically know his real identity, but he continues to leak information, or at least try to? Talk about playing with fire. 

1 hour ago, DeluxeStang said:

That's a problem. So we basically know his real identity, but he continues to leak information, or at least try to? Talk about playing with fire. 

Ever consider he was pulling the information from his backside? Just because you talk about something doesn't mean you know what is going on. 

Attention seeking behavior 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Ever consider he was pulling the information from his backside? Just because you talk about something doesn't mean you know what is going on. 

Attention seeking behavior 

He's a very mixed source. He clearly has some credible insider info in some cases. The details he provided on the Ford three row styling and market positioning were confirmed by ExplorerDude and JMD80. So I can't say everything that comes out of his mouth is BS. 

It's the worst kind of leaker, one with a questionable track record, but who's just credible enough to the point where you can't immediately discount everything he says. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

can we please stop with the off-topic posts about a former member that was barred for cause. 

He was never banned or even suspended.  Both of his accounts are still active (Borg and Assimilator).  He just left and didn’t come back.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

FWIW, even he put a ? in his post title over at GMI.

So he doesn't even know for sure.

I really find it hard to believe they're pushing products back another 2 years.

It doesn't sound like they are, it sounds like that info was incorrect and they're sticking to the 2025 timeline, which makes more sense considering these products seem to be at the end of their development cycle. Throwing most of that work out and essentially starting over would be a terrible decision on Ford's end. A lack luster product still makes more money than a delayed or canceled product. 

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Wouldn’t be the first time. That’s how we wound up with Mach-E. And Bronco Sport for that matter. 

Not sure about the BS, but the Mach E wasn't as close to launch as the three row vehicles are. I have this feeling that they where done awhile ago (2022/23) and got pushed back a bit due to the market and COVID. Ford is slow rolling it now due to market conditions.

But this does call into what does Ford do with the Mach E over the next two years...its in need a of refresh since its about as old as the Bronco Sport. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, akirby said:

I thought BS was only created after that design was rejected for the Bronco.  So I don’t know that they did any redesign or starting over on it.  I think it started just the way you see it.

They rejected it and started over with Bronco. They liked the design but not as a Bronco and realized development wasn’t so far along it couldn’t be reworked to use C2 instead of T6 and shared enough cues with the T6 Bronco they could leverage the Bronco name and create a sub-brand. 

Mach-E was a start fresh redesign, and it was definitely needed. 

47 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

They rejected it and started over with Bronco. They liked the design but not as a Bronco and realized development wasn’t so far along it couldn’t be reworked to use C2 instead of T6 and shared enough cues with the T6 Bronco they could leverage the Bronco name and create a sub-brand. 

I could be wrong but that’s not the version I heard.  I heard they had multiple designs for T6 Bronco and obviously chose the current one.  But they liked the BS design so they decided to create a new C2 based utility to use it.