2025 Ford Maverick ST potentially spotted

20 minutes ago, akirby said:

With the 2.3 available I’m shocked we haven’t seen a Mav ST already.  And a Bronco Sport Raptor.  😂

I know it was a joke but i really hope Ford doesn't try to push "Raptor" to the BS. Similar to Chevy watering down the SS label in the 2000's.  I think a Tremor or a sporty ST for the BS would be a great idea. Modern take of a "hot hatch"

15 hours ago, blazerdude20 said:

I know it was a joke but i really hope Ford doesn't try to push "Raptor" to the BS. Similar to Chevy watering down the SS label in the 2000's.  I think a Tremor or a sporty ST for the BS would be a great idea. Modern take of a "hot hatch"

I am still waiting on a Ford E-350 Raptor.  Cmon Ford do it you cowards! 

• Haha 1

2.3 EB was axed in FWD configurations.  So I'd be surprised if that showed up.  Not unless Ford built the Mustang's updated 2.3 EB with FWD in mind.  Personally I think Ford would more likely put a different tune in a 2.0 EB at most.

If they keep it consistent with Escape names, it'll probably be just ST-Line.

The part I don't understand about the Maverick, is why they didn't put in the Escape's full LCD screen.  I get Maverick is made cheaper, but in Lariat, they should have.  I mean parts are right there.

18 minutes ago, 92merc said:

The part I don't understand about the Maverick, is why they didn't put in the Escape's full LCD screen.  I get Maverick is made cheaper, but in Lariat, they should have.  I mean parts are right there.

Does it actually fit? I think the 2025 dash is getting a new mounting point that will allow for the 13 inch display that is an option with the 2024 Escape.

33 minutes ago, 92merc said:

2.3 EB was axed in FWD configurations.  So I'd be surprised if that showed up.  Not unless Ford built the Mustang's updated 2.3 EB with FWD in mind.  Personally I think Ford would more likely put a different tune in a 2.0 EB at most.

I forgot they killed the 2.3 option for Corsair.  That also explains why they never put the 2.3 in the 19-23 Nautilus.  

They could do a tuned version of the 2.0L.

16 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Does it actually fit? I think the 2025 dash is getting a new mounting point that will allow for the 13 inch display that is an option with the 2024 Escape.

I'm not sure.  But now that I look at it, I think the Maverick is sharing the speedo with the Bronco Sport.  I don't see a full LCD on the BS.  I guess sharing it with the BS does make some sense.

1 hour ago, 92merc said:

Looks like that's the plan: maverick-02_i.jpg?h=ca836ed2

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

Looks like that's the plan:

I was actually referring to the Speedo Cluster.  On all the Escapes, except fleet, they are full LCD.

After a quick search, I see a few Maverick owners have swapped it in.  So it does fit.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/full-digital-gauge-cluster-from-ford-escape-swap-into-maverick.9506/

1 hour ago, 92merc said:

I was actually referring to the Speedo Cluster.  On all the Escapes, except fleet, they are full LCD.

After a quick search, I see a few Maverick owners have swapped it in.  So it does fit.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/full-digital-gauge-cluster-from-ford-escape-swap-into-maverick.9506/

I'd imagine it may appear for the refresh.

3 hours ago, akirby said:

St-line is an appearance package only.

sadly yes...but wasnt always that way...I have GREAT memories of putting 120,000 fault free miles on my Fiesta ST....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deanh said:

sadly yes...but wasnt always that way...I have GREAT memories of putting 120,000 fault free miles on my Fiesta ST....

ST and ST-Line are completely different.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, akirby said:

ST-Line gets the same suspension and powertrains as the other Escapes. It’s not a ST that’s tuned by Ford performance with improved handling and more power.

Standard engine in Escape is 1.5L 3 cyl EB, ST line gets 2.0L 4 cyl EB bigger tires and better struts, torque vectoring control...not found on Active etc....

39 minutes ago, twintornados said:

Standard engine in Escape is 1.5L 3 cyl EB, ST line gets 2.0L 4 cyl EB bigger tires and better struts, torque vectoring control...not found on Active etc....

The 2.0 is also standard on the Platinum and I see no mention of torque vectoring in the order guide.   Ford performance is not tuning the ST-Line like it tunes the Edge ST and Explorer ST and nothing like the Fiesta and Focus ST.

51 minutes ago, akirby said:

The 2.0 is also standard on the Platinum and I see no mention of torque vectoring in the order guide.   Ford performance is not tuning the ST-Line like it tunes the Edge ST and Explorer ST and nothing like the Fiesta and Focus ST.

On the Ford link I provided....

image.thumb.png.686a7b78392587d8d2bf078638ff0d9d.png