-
Files
-
Popular Contributors
-
Posts
-
By Sherminator98 · Posted
Given how the market in the US is for EVs, I'd have my doubts also if I was Ford. I'm pretty sure the Fathom will be a good/great product, but I'm also not sure if buying public will actually turn out for it. I hope Ford can still offer a discount or whatnot on home chargers, which should help. And at this point, who cares when the Utility version comes out, I wasn't expecting it till late 2028 at the earliest anyways. -
By Sherminator98 · Posted
Hopefully that changes very soon. I think part of the problem was lack of battery cell production. -
By twintornados · Posted
It makes zero sense to not offer BS as a hybrid especially as it shares production with Maverick.... -
It's amazing to me how hard GM has avoided traditional hybrids since Ford debuted the escape hybrid 20 years ago. They had Volt and tried to do mild hybrids a couple of times then straight to EVs. Then again Ford missed some opportunities with Edge and Bronco Sport.
-
The truth with the UEP Utility delay is to give the Fathom every chance. Just like the Maverick, they want the Fathom to have “clean air” before releasing a utility that may just conquest existing customers. For all the virtues of UEV, Ford is not 100% convinced that Fathom will be a home run. That’s why Ford is looking at EREV for so much product.
-
GM has its own self imposed impediments, what I was pointing to is no matter which manufacturer you pick, all of them are all finding the going tough, so not just a Ford thing…..
-
GM sales are declining because they don't offer any hybrids.
-
Yeah why are GM’s sales going down? Its a lot more than just EVs, like everything that sells well except the Traverse, Corvette, and Trailblazer are in the red
-
It's like combining Mazda and Ford back when Ford owned 33% of Mazda.
-
When on the road (not charging at home) the gasoline cost for my 300 miles in the Elantra was about $22.90 (at current inflated gas prices). For a Tesla Model 3 the charging cost at a Tesla charging station for my 300 miles would be about $13.77. On my road trip I would happily fork over the additional $9.13 for the convenience and time saving. Driving in my home town and charging in my garage the Model 3 easily wins. In my Escape PHEV I get the advantages of both. Charging cost by model (US average, home charging) Model Efficiency Per mile Per 100 miles Full charge (approx.) Per month (1,000 mi) Model 3 250 Wh/mi 4.6¢ $4.59 $11–$14 $46 Model Y 280 Wh/mi 5.1¢ $5.14 $12–$15 $51 Model S 300 Wh/mi 5.5¢ $5.50 $18 $55 Model X 340 Wh/mi 6.2¢ $6.24 $18 $62 Cybertruck 470 Wh/mi 8.6¢ $8.62 $23 $86
-
-
Topics
-
Top Downloads
-
-
Albums
-
2022 Ranger Splash Desert Sand
- By Rangermrd,
- 0
- 0
- 1
-
Performance Tuner Connects
- By LostInTransit,
- 0
- 0
- 7
-
amtrucker22
- By amtrucker22,
- 0
- 0
- 1
-
4 CRUZEN
- By 04GT,
- 0
- 0
- 4
-
2021 Lincoln Corsair Grand Touring in Burgundy Velvet
- By RedHoncho01,
- 2
- 1
- 3
-
