Fords '09 Models A Stop Gap

Flex sales "impressive" ? Not from what they reported in July ! It ain't dead yet, but it is hardly impressive ! Definitely "wait and see".

As for '09 being a ho-hum year, well, the F-150 was supposed to "bring home the glory" before oil and steel went through the roof.

The 2010MY line up will have the longest roll out every. Starting with the '10MY Fusion in Jan-09 all the way to the "late to the party" '10.5MY Fiesta which probably won't show up in dealers until almost Apr-10

Flex sales "impressive" ? Not from what they reported in July ! It ain't dead yet, but it is hardly impressive ! Definitely "wait and see".

As for '09 being a ho-hum year, well, the F-150 was supposed to "bring home the glory" before oil and steel went through the roof.

The 2010MY line up will have the longest roll out every. Starting with the '10MY Fusion in Jan-09 all the way to the "late to the party" '10.5MY Fiesta which probably won't show up in dealers until almost Apr-10

The 2009 Model line is all over the news so the PR folk at Ford did their job pretty well. The mirror is getting too much news I think, most people are laughing it off as "is that all they got to show for 2009"? I like to see these small but very valuable safety and convenience improvements, such as the capless filler door.

I certainly can't speak for the rest of the Nation, but in this part of Western Wayne County, MI, Flexes are showing up on street all over the place. I see them all the time now and Bill Brown Ford which had hundreds of them on lot now has big empty gaps all over the place where Flexes used to be. I have seen special lease rates as low as $277/month on Flex and Ford just announced $1000rebate on new Flex. They are starting to move on lots and haven been doing so for last couple weeks after slow start off.

I certainly can't speak for the rest of the Nation, but in this part of Western Wayne County, MI, Flexes are showing up on street all over the place. I see them all the time now and Bill Brown Ford which had hundreds of them on lot now has big empty gaps all over the place where Flexes used to be. I have seen special lease rates as low as $277/month on Flex and Ford just announced $1000rebate on new Flex. They are starting to move on lots and haven been doing so for last couple weeks after slow start off.

I have seen several around Kansas City Missouri driving down the inter-states.

They are EVERYWHERE in the Plymouth/Northville/Novi area. Then again, look where we are.

Chip_Foose_Ford_Flex.jpg

from where i stand it looks far better then those fugly looking jap contraptions....

You mean like this 1995 Nissan Rasheen?

6493_12.JPG

But yes, I agree - I like the Flex. I have seen one on the road so far: black. It looked nice. Not sure about the $42k price tag though. I hope it does well.

Edited by retro-man

...Not sure about the $42k price tag though. I hope it does well.

For the millionteenth time...the only ones costing $42k are ones that are nearly completely loaded!!! :banghead:

You can buy a FWD SEL which comes rather nicely loaded with leather and other amenities for ~$30k. Hell, we're paying about $35,500 for a loaded up AWD Limited sans Vista roof, fridge, and navigation.

I wish the people bitching about the price would pull their heads out of their assess and realize the Flex is priced pretty close to its competition! It will NOT compete in price with a Civic/Corolla/Focus.

For the millionteenth time...the only ones costing $42k are ones that are nearly completely loaded!!! :banghead:

You can buy a FWD SEL which comes rather nicely loaded with leather and other amenities for ~$30k. Hell, we're paying about $35,500 for a loaded up AWD Limited sans Vista roof, fridge, and navigation.

I wish the people bitching about the price would pull their heads out of their assess and realize the Flex is priced pretty close to its competition! It will NOT compete in price with a Civic/Corolla/Focus.

Now this is Detroit and all advertised prices are A plan price, but prices being advertised for SE Flex are $24,000 including $1,000 rebate. I'm seeing quite a few Limiteds out there on street, but many are SEL's and SE's.

Sorry! Sheesh.

I have 5 in stock. Barely a sniff. I sold off 2 of them to a Chicago area dealer. I feel pretty good about it. I think they will be fine but this is a bad time right now.

I think the TX is a good twin for the Flex. As the styling of the Flex may throw off some Red Blooded Americans. How is the Edge doing for your dealership? Is it attracting people or do people in your area go for the Escape?