Lincoln MKC Concept Debuts! (Photos and Video!)

This is one stunning car. Earlier in this thread I think I saw someone say the production MkC was due in showrooms early in 2014. Does anyone know if that is pretty accurate or just a guess? I went and drove an Explorer tonight (very impressive), but if I can wait 12 months and get a production MkC very close to this I am wiling to wait.

The other question is if it's not coming out until early 2014, will they introduce it as a 2015 model from the get go or have a short 2014 model year like the 2013 MKZ?

By the time MKC is ready for production, they'll have had close to two years of experience building its platform-mate Escape, so I'd expect a much smoother launch. It's a lot easier to add something once you know how the process really works.

obviously im late to the party, but color me IMPRESSED, very VERY clean, dare I say it it makes the Escape front end look overwraught......

I saw a bunch of Escapes in the lot by my place. It seems busy but compared to the MKC, I'd agree.

The car looks great, but sure hope they offer roof rails for we people who carry stuff on the roof. I can supply the Thule racks

I was thinking the same thing, I'm sure they'll be an option. One thing I've notice about the 2013 Escape is that ALOT of them don't have roof racks.

The other issue I think is that I doubt you'll be able to get a big glass roof on the MKC with roof racks

It actually costs quite a bit to develop a color and then spray only a few cars with it and I'm sure that plays a roll into why Lincoln has never differentiated itself on this front.

what about previously developed (& used) colors?

I'm not uptodate on current shades but I really liked Dark Ink Blue

Edited by 2b2
  • Like 1

what about previously developed (& used) colors?

I'm not uptodate on current shades but I really liked Dark Ink Blue

Color is like fashion, extremely trendy and often last only one ore two model years. I expect Smoked Quartz to only run two model years at most. Colors like Tuxedo Black, Platinum White, or Silver are virtually timeless.

Color is like fashion, extremely trendy and often last only one ore two model years. I expect Smoked Quartz to only run two model years at most. Colors like Tuxedo Black, Platinum White, or Silver are virtually timeless.

guess I consider a deep, rich blue to belong on the timeless-classic list ... with the difference being that blue IS a color, not an achromatic neutral like black, white, & silver

;)

ps Borg you gonna do another NAIAS photo album?