Ford World Debut @ LA Auto show

My guess is a new Edge. The easy answer would me the Mustang but I'm thinking that will wait for Detroit.

I read someplace that the new Mustang may be unveiled at the 2014 New York Auto Show next April (which would coincide nicely with the Mustang's 50th anniversary).

Could be lots of things, but I'd sure like to see that hot Fusion we were (not) promised.

I think the current Mustang rumor is the SVT/Shelby/whatever car will show at NY but we'll see the base and GT earlier. NAIAS is supposed to be the F-150 show, for obvious reasons.

Well, this Autoshow season we'll see the 2015 Mustang, Edge, and F-150 for certain. We could also see an updated Focus or Explorer for the 2015 MY.

I would guess that the Edge will debut in LA. Cars like the Flex and Explorer have become important beach-heads for Ford in California. I could imagine that Ford would see more opportunities with the 2015 Edge.

I sense the beginning of the Flex mafia.

I love my Flex. I've considered buying a second one, and will consider replacing it with a newer one once it's known it's on it's final tour (otherwise I typically drive my cars til the end).

But I do not want Ford to make another Flex.

There isn't a business case to make the Flex and the Explorer, even though I'd never buy an Explorer.

I sense the beginning of the Flex mafia.

Unlike the Panther and Ranger mafia, I would actually buy a new Flex (again). My wife wants one with an EcoBoost (of course, so do I, but she is the primary driver).

Depending on how long the Flex hangs around, we may buy another. But, since we're planning to build a house next year, a new car is most likely 5 years away. By then, all of our kids will be out of booster seats, so we will have a little more selection as to what we can buy since we won't need quite as much space.

I was never in the market for a Flex. The ones I drove were rentals and the ones we had were Limited trim with the D35. I really liked them and although it's too bad they didn't make as big a splash as hoped for, I am glad Ford tried.

If I had to choose, I'd go with Chrysler and not feel like I'd have to hold my nose..

Of the ones we looked at at the time, the Odyssey was near the top of the list. We didn't care for the Chrysler, mostly because of the quality of the interior. The Sienna was OK, and the only one that offered AWD (something my wife wanted), but the exterior looks were horrible. Of course, this was all nearly 5 years and 65k miles ago. Once my wife sat in the Flex, it was all over but the wait to get it (and paying for it).

• Like 2

The new Chrysler vans are actually quite nice inside. Better materials then the sienna. We drove one as a rental three years ago and the pre refresh caravan was such a pile. We rented the newer one in San Diego this April and it has my wife seriously thinking of buying one in a few years. It was that nice.

• Like 1

The new Chrysler vans are actually quite nice inside. Better materials then the sienna. We drove one as a rental three years ago and the pre refresh caravan was such a pile. We rented the newer one in San Diego this April and it has my wife seriously thinking of buying one in a few years. It was that nice.

Agree... With seat time in T&C, Sienna, and my MIL's Odyssey, I'd argue that the 2011+ Chrysler van is the best of the trio interior-wise.

• Like 1