2015 Lincoln Navigator Spied Testing on Public Roads

Well, unless the portions of grille visible under the mesh camo (also sporting the black and white "composition book" paint) are some sort of red herring, it does appear to have some iteration of the split-wing grille. You can see the center vertical panel in the shot below.

2015-lincoln-navigator-spied-front-796x5

As always, I'll reserve judgement until we see the finished product. But to be quite honest, I was hoping to see something other than this treatment on the 'Gator. I guess it will probably be okay, as long as it doesn't end up like...

04-2010-lincoln-lt-620.jpg

Edited by PREMiERdrum
  • Like 1

I thought that Lincoln's head designer said the split grill wouldn't work on all products? Hmmm...should be interesting how this turns out...

They said it wouldn't work, not that they wouldn't put it on anyway. :)

I'll reserve judgement until the camo is removed...Borg ran off and stole my camo x-ray glasses.

• Like 1

Now, the telephoto lens gives a foreshortening effect, but that sure is one aggressive Navigator for the way it sits on those capable tires. Just wondering, now that L-R is gone, if the Nav is going for a deep trip through the parts bin for power and handling. I could be mistaken, though. :)

They said it wouldn't work, not that they wouldn't put it on anyway. :)

I'll reserve judgement until the camo is removed...Borg ran off and stole my camo x-ray glasses.

Maybe they go with full width horizontal grille bars on it?

This is just a facelift of the current Navigator correct? Is it still going to be called the Navigator or will they switch it to MKN?

Yes, correct. I don't see them going away from the Navigator name.

It will still have an IRS. That much is confirmed.

This is basically an extensive MCE similar from when they went from 2006 to 2007. What we still don't know for sure is will it still have IRS an the next generation when it merges with the next F150 or will it have 4" higher 3rd row seats like the new GM SUV's.

Now, the telephoto lens gives a foreshortening effect, but that sure is one aggressive Navigator for the way it sits on those capable tires. Just wondering, now that L-R is gone, if the Nav is going for a deep trip through the parts bin for power and handling. I could be mistaken, though. :)

The shorter wheelbase Navigator in these photos looks to have at least 22" wheels while the "L" seems to have 20" wheels.

Wescoent from GMI:

Navigator made a big splash when it debuted, then followed up with a really excellent redesign in 2003. Then, for ten years, it withered on the vine. You can't go from zero to hero in one redesign. That's how you needlessly waste money.

Also, the Lincoln brand cannot support what the next Navigator will be, at this moment in time. New Lincoln utility products will overlap where the Navigator is today, and with Range Rover cast off to another corporate sugar daddy to leech off of, the Navigator needs to rise to the near 6-figure mark to make sense. Right now, the dealership and product range doesn't support that, but in 3-5 years, it will be an entirely different story.

Edited by nruggiero
  • Like 2

Right now, the dealership and product range doesn't support that, but in 3-5 years, it will be an entirely different story.

I think that is the biggest stumbling block for Lincoln...the dealerships, esp if they are shared with Ford.

I also don't think they'll be able to command 80-100K for a Navigator anyways in 3-5 years either...maybe 10...

I think that is the biggest stumbling block for Lincoln...the dealerships, esp if they are shared with Ford.

I also don't think they'll be able to command 80-100K for a Navigator anyways in 3-5 years either...maybe 10...

I agree.

I'm not sure Lincoln can deliver a five star dealership experience in ten years.... It takes a long time to change a sleazy dealer network.

• Like 1

Actually, I can say that I did. In the years before Mullaly was hired, a few of us maniacs suggested that Ford would have greater success once it quit relying on outdated platforms, which included the Fox (as that generation of Mustang was on its way out), the Panther, and the much-lambasted early Focus...along with the rental-special that was the Taurus of the time.

Similarly, I've said a ton (and yet, had it ignored) that it's not my lack of faith in Lincoln, it's the fact that the line wasn't deviated far enough from Ford...and that I believe FoMoCo is capable of better engineering efforts.

If the MKZ keeps its momentum, and the coming MKC can bring in the volume we all (I've been fairly admiring of the concept) hope for, the brand can draw in some more newer customer blood. These are obviously desirable outcomes.

The Navigator is an area of considerable speculation. Yeah, it and its sibling are getting MCEs for the moment...but will the next Navi be more CUV than SUV? The rumors swirl....

Why don't we revisit this in 3-5 years.

Nobody thought Ford would fix Ford in the short timeframe that they did it in, either. Once the product cadence picks up, you might be surprised.

• Like 1