2015 Edge Spyshots . . .

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/spyshots-2015-ford-edge-67283.html

If you're looking to trade into a large new D-segment SUV next year, look no further than second generation Ford Edge. We've caught up with a test vehicle for the next-gen model and have the latest info as well.

The first thing you'll need to know is that this is a product of the new Ford Motor Company. The brand has moved upscale recently, and you can buy the Fusion for BMW money. The Edge is now going to be a global product, sold everywhere, not just in America.

Engine options will likely start with a basic 2.5-liter unless they get rid of it, followed by the 1.6 EcoBoost, 2.0 EcoBoost and maybe a bigger turbo-4 from the basic Mustang. There will also be a hybrid model, as Ford has seen good marketing success with its first electrified cars.

The all-new Edge will ride on the Ford DC4 global platform, which is shared with the Fusion/Mondeo as well as the next generation of S-Max and Galaxy.

spyshots-2015-ford-edge-67283-7.jpg

spyshots-2015-ford-edge-medium_5.jpg

spyshots-2015-ford-edge-medium_8.jpg

• Like 1

I'd be pretty skeptical of anything in that article. DC4? D-segment? It might have this engine unless it won't. Sheer guessing and incorrect facts.

you can buy the Fusion for BMW money

The 5 series is the closest to the Fusion and it STARTS at $48K. Give me a break.

• Like 2

I hope it looks nothing like the photo that was inadvertently posted on the powerpoint presentation. That thing was ugly and looked like a Hyundai.

Granted there is a lot of camouflage, but all the visible lines and shapes seem to match that slide perfectly. I'd be more surprised if it didn't look like that photo. I still think of that photo every time I see a Santa Fe, but unfortunately these days there seem to be many shared design cues between automakers.

I know it's heavily camouflaged, but it looks more Venza like than Edge. Am I the only one?

I think that's just the camo on the d-pillar area creating that effect. If you go to the link there's a pic that shows the rear with the brake lights illuminated, you can see the hcmsl and that the rear glass is much more upright than the camp leads you to believe with the cut line they put on it.

1.6 Ecoboost is not going to happen. But 1.5 Ecoboost is for sure going to happen for Europe and China.

There will also be a whole suite of diesel engines which I imagine at least one will make an appearance in North America by 2017 when the new CAFE kicks in.

It's a CUV with a CUV shape. IMHO, Ford has put a lot of care into this sled. You can see it in the door-windows/thin door frames and how they fit into the body shell. It seems the clamshell doors have been replaced, but I could be mistaken. Notice how flush the B pillar is to the windows. Nice, IMHO. :)

Is it also losing weight in the process? It could stand to lose a good 300-400lbs and maybe the 1.5L might work and thats even pushing it.

Well they offer the 1.0L in the Mondeo in Europe. I think you will see a 1.5L in an Edge just a different version. Ford NA management is also warming to Diesel in products here, I've been told if they do give the green light they will do it across the board and branded and will not be a one or two passenger models option.

I don't think this needs a new thread, but Ford is spending large to re-tool OAC.

From the Oakville Beaver:

Ford Motor Company’s President of the Americas Joe Hinrichs said that when retooling of the Oakville Ford Assembly Plant is complete, Ford would bring several new global models to the plant for the first time to help meet demand — not just in North America, but around the world.

It's a CUV with a CUV shape. IMHO, Ford has put a lot of care into this sled. You can see it in the door-windows/thin door frames and how they fit into the body shell. It seems the clamshell doors have been replaced, but I could be mistaken. Notice how flush the B pillar is to the windows. Nice, IMHO. :)

The B-pillar trim is pretty flush on the current Edge already. Seems to carry over an almost identical look.

Just hope they don't screw with its formula too much. Seems to be right in the sweet spot as it is now.

Edited by NickF1011
  • Like 1

Just hope they don't screw with its formula too much. Seems to be right in the sweet spot as it is now.

Agree, I still love the way our 09 looks. There isn't one bad angle IMHO. I usually get sick or bored of cars after a few years. The 09 has been bullet proof. The only time it's been in for warranty work is for a CV joint axle leak. I hope the new one is just a little bolder than a refresh and don't f* with it too much. It appears they haven't from these pics.

• Like 1