2015 Edge Spyshots

we havent even gotten ordering guides yet so my guess would be at least December....

I take it you haven't been following the debate on that......

No order guides. No production prototypes. No job 1 dates. Nothing. I think they'll end up keeping the current model until next spring and launch the new one as a 2016 model.

Nick thinks it will show up any day now out of the blue....... (slight exaggeration)

I take it you haven't been following the debate on that......

No order guides. No production prototypes. No job 1 dates. Nothing. I think they'll end up keeping the current model until next spring and launch the new one as a 2016 model.

Nick thinks it will show up any day now out of the blue....... (slight exaggeration)

My money would be on them showing up late April...and yes prob as a 2016

• Like 1

They had the "concept" at NAIAS in January. Visually (i.e. from 15' away) it looked just like the current model. I am curious what effect changing the platform will have.

​I wish the venerable 2.5L NA was the base engine with the 3.5L and EcoBoost as options. As for the new transmission(s), I don't think they will start production until later in 2015CY.

Not including the F150? It's getting all 3 for '15...

Same for the 2013 Fusion and MKZ. New platform, new top hat and 2 new engines.

It's not a conscious decision not to change them at the same time, they're just not holding up one for the other any more. If the new engine is ready for a new platform it goes out if not it gets delayed.

It's not a conscious decision not to change them at the same time, they're just not holding up one for the other any more. If the new engine is ready for a new platform it goes out if not it gets delayed.

The 2015 F150 is keeping the same 6 speed auto though. Wouldn't be surprised to see a new transmission for 2016 MY Edited by blazerdude20

Exactly! The new parts go in when they are ready.