Ford June sales down 6%

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North%20America/US/2014/07/01/june2014sales.pdf

"

DEARBORN, Mich., July 1, 2014 Ford Motor Company June 2014 U.S. sales of 222,064 vehicles declined 6 percent from a year ago. Retail sales of 145,989 vehicles declined 5 percent, while fleet sales of 76,075 vehicles declined 7 percent.

Both the Fusion and Transit Connect set records in June, continuing their sales momentum, said John Felice, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. F-Series again topped 60,000 sales and is tracking to our inventory plan with the lowest incentives among the major players in the segment.

Fusion sales totaled 27,064 vehicles last month a best-ever June performance. Fusion retail sales are up 22 percent and 14 percent overall. Fusion continues to outperform in the West, with retail sales up 24 percent in that region."

Edited by blazerdude20

MKC still trickling out, MKT still on life support.

Only Lincoln number I even pay attention to lately is MKZ. It has remained stable for a couple years now, which is a great sign. We knew MKC would be a soft launch, so no real sense looking too deep into those numbers yet. The rest of the lineup is just an outdated lost cause at the moment until replacements come. Even MKX we shouldn't expect to be keeping up steam as well as it has.

Only Lincoln number I even pay attention to lately is MKZ. It has remained stable for a couple years now, which is a great sign. We knew MKC would be a soft launch, so no real sense looking too deep into those numbers yet. The rest of the lineup is just an outdated lost cause at the moment until replacements come. Even MKX we shouldn't expect to be keeping up steam as well as it has.

Just wondering what the Police Intercepter numbers look like verses say 2011 Panther sales. June 2014 Sales PI Sedan: 1097, PI Utility: 1645

We're starting seeing lots of new CHP Exploder/Utilities out here finally. CHP was out thick on Sunday, saw ten in 350 miles on Hwy 101 from LA to SJ, and half were PIUs, including one All White "stealth" unit.

Edited by traxiii

Speaking of MKC - I did the Date Night Program with it this past weekend. I plan on doing a writeup soon, along with pictures. Nice little car, I think it'll do well!

---

On another note - C-Max sales were up near 3,000 again. Wonder if we saw the numbers bottom out and come back some?

This month's sales decline can be to largely 4 models:

F-150, Edge, Fiesta, and Escape.

F-150 seems to be volume controlled on purpose (i.e. holding back the incentive/building up stock) in anticipation of extended production shutdown this summer.

Edge had a fantastic June last year so part of it is reverting to norm, part of it is probably due to again, Ford doing some volume control ahead of production shutdown.

Fiesta also had a huge June last year (pre-facelift 2012 model clearance) so it is reverting to norm.

Escape... I have no idea. Maybe MKC has some impact or maybe inventory is tight?

Well, Ford could have some surprises with the next Focus.

IMHO the "C" segment has changed since Job 1 of the current platform.

"C" segment has matured, has grown up-scale, as time passes.

Just guessing, but maybe AWD could become an option with the next Focus. If Lincoln stays out of "C" size sedans, an AWD Titanium+ (like the EU Vignale option) might do quite well against A-3/A-4 and the like, IMHO. :)

All important van sales report!

Burrito Class
Ford E-series 11,790
Chevy Express 8,136
GMC Savana 4,333
Mercedes Sprinter 2,201
Nissan NV 1,226
Ram ProMaster 1,131
Ford Transit 490

GM outsold Ford by 189 units in the Burrito Class for the first time since... the Roman Empire split apart. Part of the reason is obviously that Transit delivery is just getting started.

Taco Class
Ford Transit Connect 4,573 (!)
Nissan NV200 1,266
Ram C/V 982

Enchilada Class
Chrysler Town & Country 13,115
Dodge Caravan 12,457
Toyota Sienna 11,740
Honda Odyssey 10,911
Ford Flex 2,385
Nissan Quest 900
Mazda5 692
Kia Sedona 673
VW Routon 1 [congratulations VW!]

• Like 1

I think the Focus would sell better if it had more competitive interior room to the Corolla, Sentra, Cruze, etc. The performance of the car is its best attribute.

Exactly why we bought a 2014 Civic instead of a Focus. Just wasn't enough room behind my seating position for a car seat.

In the soundbites at media.ford, they said the average time an MKC is on the ground at a dealership is 10 days.

This tells me the lack of supply is holding sales down.

Good sign. The slow rollout is intentional in this case though, given the mess that the last MKZ launch was.

Some vehicles were in short supply. Fusion,Escape,Explorer...and Focus. In addition,the retail programs on many of the vehicles were not competitive with GM,Dodge and the imports. Ford trucks especially are at a higher price point when customers consider the rebates/incentives GM and Ram offer.

Some vehicles were in short supply. Fusion,Escape,Explorer...and Focus. In addition,the retail programs on many of the vehicles were not competitive with GM,Dodge and the imports. Ford trucks especially are at a higher price point when customers consider the rebates/incentives GM and Ram offer.

Imagine all those people buying Fords because they wanted them, not because the pile of cash on the hood was the biggest? Something of value in a discount world. Thanks, Al. :)

That really isn't a big deal for Ford right now with them getting ready or in the process to retool for the 2015 F-150...

IIRC, this time last year was just about when the F-Series sales started going like gangbusters. It would be surprising if they kept climbing, particularly in the face of the impending '15 F150.

Edited by SoonerLS