2016 Lincoln MKX Official

rmc523

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/01/13/2016-lincoln-mkx-detroit-official/

It'll come with a 2.7EB with 330-hp. Some highlights include adaptive steering, full LED headlights optional, pre-collision braking, and 360 camera. More at the link above.

Also fun fact - I was right by the location those exterior pictures were taken the other night.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 2

This is the most handsom mid-size crossover to date with conservative style and lines that flow throughout. It's the literal antithesis to the Lexus twins' gapping maw and sharp edges... With 380ft-lbs, the up-coming 9-speed, and Ford's technology it'll be the best packaged.(and probably fastest)

• Like 2

As for the MKX....

The proportions are just awful. Barn-sized doors, teeny tiny windows- terribly placed belt line is terrible, and typical 2010s cross-over styling kills this thing. Thank God Lincoln was able to find some epicly massive rims to distract people from the rest of this abortion.

If you're gonna make a boat, at least give it some attitude.

2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-first-

I'll even take this ugly duck over a shitty Lincoln crossover- any day

hqdefault.jpg

And then the real problem with crossovers:

Over-sized car =/= "Utility Vehicle"

Edited by probowler

hqdefault.jpg

Not a huge fan of the new style on the Edge....to me, it looks too much like a Dodge Durango...

lead1-2011-dodge-durango-first-drive.jpg

I really like the new MKX though....styling being subjective, probowler doesn't like it and prefers the Edge....guess Ford and Lincoln will sell a bunch of both and make good profits....

Edited by twintornados

....anyway...the new MKX looks great. This should be the brand's big profit generator. Call me spoiled, but I was hoping after the "surprise" Ford pulled off with the new GT, I was hoping Lincoln would show a concept or at least the refreshed MKZ. Oh well....there is always Chicago, New York, and Beijing. :)

• Like 1

I'm slightly surprised that the MKZ isn't offering a 2.3L Ecoboost for people looking for a little bit more MPGs in a luxury vehicle.

I won't be surprised if it's thrown in on a refresh.

I know product and powertrain changes aren't necessarily connected anymore, but sometimes at a certain point, you may as well just wait a year to change both.

I like it overall, but where is the new 9-speed transmission and Sync 3? Not including these new offerings is disappointing.

They're not ready for prime time yet. Would you rather Ford lets the Edge/MKX set with the existing platform and wait for the 9 speed to get the full vehicle update?

I'm annoyed at those mid-cycle powertrain upgrades. Think about it, if I wanted the new MKX (which I need one to replace my current one), knowing what we know about the 9 speed I think, "Hm might as well till the 9 speed comes out", then I'm out another 2 years, at that point we will probably hear about a "NEW" MKX coming out, then I'm thinking, "Well I'll wait till that new design comes out"...So then, i'm not getting anything BECAUSE there's that, "but but but" thinking in the background. Then times I think, "I should go with such and such brand-because they get ALL their toys out the very first time, and be done with it". So I GET why Ford does that, it doesnt mean I like it.

I'm annoyed at those mid-cycle powertrain upgrades. Think about it, if I wanted the new MKX (which I need one to replace my current one), knowing what we know about the 9 speed I think, "Hm might as well till the 9 speed comes out", then I'm out another 2 years, at that point we will probably hear about a "NEW" MKX coming out, then I'm thinking, "Well I'll wait till that new design comes out"...So then, i'm not getting anything BECAUSE there's that, "but but but" thinking in the background. Then times I think, "I should go with such and such brand-because they get ALL their toys out the very first time, and be done with it". So I GET why Ford does that, it doesnt mean I like it.

Ford does it so those who don't have the restraint will upgrade every 2 years instead of holding out for the next best thing. Get the current best thing now! Then do it again in 2 years!

Come on, you know you want to! :)

Edited by fordmantpw
  • Like 1