The Official Crazy Go-Nuts Bronco Speculation Topic

Fullsize anything would not be a Wrangler competitor. To be a credible offroader, you can't be massive. Even the Wrangler itself got a bit large in its latest guise. Large wheelbase is asking to be high-centered.

Edit: ...and don't say "Raptor"....that's a desert runner.

Edited by Intrepidatious

Jason...any ideas size wise?...

I would say it was bigger than Escape but smaller than Edge, I was also going 40mph and it was on the other side of the street on an 8 lane divided road so it was hard to judge. By the time I realized I hadn't see it before I was already well past it. Bad thing around Dearborn is a lot of Camo stuff all starts to blend in. Now that I know its out I'll keep an eye out for it. Hell it could have been a new eco-sport and just the reflection of the snow and morning light made it look bigger.

Edited by jasonj80

If its going to be a "rock crawler" as such, it cant be that big, maybe a size larger than the Bronco II, call it Scorpion and be done with it...2.7 eco, some hefty ground clerarance and suspension articulation BAM...Im curious for sure...especially if theres several body types...Small pickup bed anyone?....

The current Troller is a dead end product that is too expensive to upgrade to meet US and EU crash safety standards. But that doesn't mean the future Troller is not going to figure into this discussion.

The new Troller is T6 based, isn't it? They would need to build a four door version tho.

Edited by sullynd

While I seriously doubt that I will ever be in the market for a Bronco, I loved the Bronco throughout it's lifespan. We had 3 when I was growing up and they were great for road trips. Sleeping in the 'back back' was awesome, and they were great off road. My first vehicle was a Bronco II (that was basically a POS).

It's great to see Ford in a position to stray from the mainstream a bit in order to grow market share. I hope this is just the beginning of cool things coming from Ford!