2017 Fusion

So to ease the complexity of parts, options, bs...wouldn't/couldn't/shouldn't just use one damn set of tail lights (preferably the better high end ones), and cut the bs? I get the part of of allowing the high trims have some extra details to differentiate, maybe some chrome here and there,, but throwing 3 sets of lights I think is overkill.

Don't forget the export version as well that has the amber turn-signals. F-150 has 3 different versions, and the current Edge has 2 different taillights as well. The Up-level Taillights have never been offered in the US on the Escape(kuga), Focus, and C-max but are available in the ROW depending on Trim and options.

So to ease the complexity of parts, options, bs...wouldn't/couldn't/shouldn't just use one damn set of tail lights (preferably the better high end ones), and cut the bs? I get the part of of allowing the high trims have some extra details to differentiate, maybe some chrome here and there,, but throwing 3 sets of lights I think is overkill.

Part of the problem is what the DOT allows in the US is different the rest of the world also.

cyberdman is on hiatus for shutdown until 7/15, is there anyone out there who can track by car. My spidey sense tells me it's getting close to the transport yard in Cottage Grove, MN

3FA6P0HD5HR157487

Thanks

It was delivered yesterday to Midway Ford.

• Like 1

Picked it up this morning, LOVE IT!

Was going to drive for an hour or so, have lunch then drive home, but it was so much fun, I took a 220 mile road trip on the interstate, back roads and 4-lane highway. I figured out most of the controls and features, but still need to go through them and see what they do. Great thanks to ice-capades, cyberdman and Pioneer for their assistance.

post-36355-0-60715000-1468102388_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Picked it up this morning, LOVE IT!

Was going to drive for an hour or so, have lunch then drive home, but it was so much fun, I took a 220 mile road trip on the interstate, back roads and 4-lane highway. I figured out most of the controls and features, but still need to go through them and see what they do. Great thanks to ice-capades, cyberdman and Pioneer for their assistance.

attachicon.gifIMG_0315 (1).jpg

Congratulations on finally being able to take delivery of your new Fusion! We've had about half a dozen White Gold 2017 Fusions and Escapes and the photos just don't do the color justice. It has to be seen in person and so far the reaction from customers has all been positive. I'll look forward to your further reviews after spending more time with the new car. Congrat's again!

• Like 1

What is the price for new Fusion model?

Pricing starts from $23,120.00 SE trim level = to euro Mondeo Trend trim level. Much cheaper then your Mondeo starting price of Euro 29,800.00

Euro pricing does include taxes though, but still vehicle pricing in the USA is considerably lower then EU prices.

Edited by MKII

Pricing starts from $23,120.00 SE trim level = to euro Mondeo Trend trim level. Much cheaper then your Mondeo starting price of Euro 29,800.00

Euro pricing does include taxes though, but still vehicle pricing in the USA is considerably lower then EU prices.

But the Euro Versions do include considerable more standard equipment than US versions even at the Trend Level, power folding mirrors, heated windshield, DAB radio, Auto Climate Control, 8" Screen Touch Screen, etc.

How much are the taxes? 10 or 20 percent range? We have any where from 5-9% sales tax on our vehicles, depending on state

The Motor Vehicle Tax in MN is 6%. In MN car buyers are taxed on the negotiated price, minus rebates, minus the trade in allowance, if any. On top of that add license plate fees and documentation fee.

Do you pay sales tax on the full purchase price or the difference between the trade in value and purchase price? Michigan just started to phase in that it will be on the difference but it is over 20 years.

Do you pay sales tax on the full purchase price or the difference between the trade in value and purchase price? Michigan just started to phase in that it will be on the difference but it is over 20 years.

MN pays on purchase minus the trade in value. So on my $28395 car I paid tax on $13895.

Edited by transitman

GA replaced the 6%-7% sales tax plus annual ad valorem tax (several hundred per vehcle) with a one time Ad Valorem tax of 7% and no annual tax. Trade-ins are deducted from the vehicle market value before TAVT is calculated for dealer purchases but not for purchases from individuals.

GA replaced the 6%-7% sales tax plus annual ad valorem tax (several hundred per vehcle) with a one time Ad Valorem tax of 7% and no annual tax. Trade-ins are deducted from the vehicle market value before TAVT is calculated for dealer purchases but not for purchases from individuals.

In MN you pay the one time sales tax at purchase, then the annual license fees, which, based on the value of the car gradually go down and for me started off at $387.75. Regardless of how you pay it, the States get their revenue one way or another.

WOW...that's almost a 50% tax.

WOW...that's almost a 50% tax.

It is a 6% tax but you always pay it, so if you buy a $30,000 car you would pay $1,800 in sales tax, if you in 3 years traded that in for $20,000 and got a new $30,000 vehicle you would again pay $1,800 in tax. Now being 1 year into the change you would pay tax on $29,000 of the $30,000 vehicle, the trade in amount goes up $1000 a year over the next 20.