Ford Motor Company January 2017 Sales Figures

Ford F-Series, SUVs and Lincoln Drive January Retail Sales Gains; Overall U.S. Sales Down 1 Percent

• Ford Motor Company U.S. retail sales of 120,400 vehicles for January represent a 6 percent increase; fleet sales down 13 percent; total sales down 1 percent
  • Ford F-Series sales increase 13 percent, with sales of 57,995 trucks; best sales start for F-Series since 2004
  • Overall Ford brand SUV sales up 6 percent in January, with retail sales up 11 percent – a record start overall for Ford SUVs
  • Lincoln up 22 percent last month on total sales of 8,785 vehicles, with gains coming from MKC, MKX, MKZ and all-new Continental

Full January 2017 Release and Charts

DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 1, 2017 – Ford Motor Company’s U.S. retail sales of 120,400 vehicles are up 6 percent in January, while total sales declined 1 percent.

Fleet sales of 52,212 vehicles, including daily rental, commercial and government segments, declined 13 percent. The fleet decline reflects a strong year-ago comparison, with fleet customer orders front-loaded at the beginning of 2016.

Ford F-Series sales totaled 57,995 trucks last month, a 13 percent increase, supported by strong retail gains from both F-150 and Super Duty. F-Series was up 19 percent at retail, with gains in every region. January represents the best sales start for F-Series since 2004.

“The new year brought strong consumer demand for F-Series, Lincoln and record SUV sales, especially high-end models,” said Mark LaNeve, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. “This drove near-record company average transaction prices for Ford, up $2,500 versus a year ago and far outpacing the overall January industry increase of $550.”

Retail sales of Ford brand SUVs were up 11 percent last month, driving overall SUV sales up 6 percent, with 53,224 vehicles sold. January marks the best-ever overall start for Ford SUVs.

Lincoln sales totaled 8,785 vehicles in January, the brand’s best start in a decade.

Strong performance from the all-new Lincoln Continental, with 1,167 cars sold, contributed to the brand’s overall 22 percent increase. Additional contributors included Lincoln MKZ with sales of 2,090 sales – up 7 percent – Lincoln MKC with 1,668 sales – a 16 percent gain – and MKX with 2,928 sales – a 43 percent gain.

Note: Ford is adding additional data to our news release, including stock and fleet percentages. In addition, Ford is reporting both dealer stock and gross stock levels, as some automakers report dealer stock only and do not include inventory in transit to dealers.

62784.png

62784-2.png

62784-3.png

Edited by robertlane

The Conti is continuing to be a pleasant surprise! I don't ever recall the MKS ever selling in numbers like that.

Is it outselling the CTS/ATS also?

No Cadillac sedan sold more than 1,000 units in January.

ATS: 974 (down 8.7%)

CT6: 634 (new)

CTS: 691 (down 31.8%)

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/62786-gm-january-17-sales-down-38/

Edited by PREMiERdrum

The Conti is continuing to be a pleasant surprise! I don't ever recall the MKS ever selling in numbers like that.

Is it outselling the CTS/ATS also?

No, it isn't outselling them. It has outsold the CTS by itself the last 4 months (sales started 5 months ago), but not the two combined. Its roughly 500 units behind the two combined for January.

Edited by rmc523

Continental is creaming the CT6, its direct rival. I predict the manager of Caddy who insists on the dumb CT names and the New York "coffee shop", will quit soon.

And those awful TV ads for CT#, with the robotic sounding young 20-something lady, really?

Edited by 630land
  • Like 2

Lincoln is only 1,513 units behind Cadillac in January.

The only thing saving Caddy is their higher ATPs (if you believe their investor presentation). Lincoln has probably spent 1/10 of the amount Caddy has spent on new vehicle platforms and development.

• Like 1

Didn't stop both Lincoln sedans from increasing. It's amazing how ATS/CTS sales continue to crater. I won't throw CT6 into that category just yet, as until this month, its' sales were in the 1,100-1,300 range for the last 5 months.

I sat in a Conti at our nearest dealership a couple weeks ago. Wow, was I impressed. The interior and fit and finish of this car was amazing!

It really is....even in base form.

The Conti is a great vehicle for Lincoln. It finally provides for a larger vehicle with nice visual appeal, unlike the vehicle it replaced. I've seen several on the road now and they had nice road presence. The rear tapers down more than I expected, almost Audi A7 like.

• Like 1

Go Lincoln! It must really grate those blustering blowhards at GM that the "inferior" Lincoln lineup is closing in on Caddy sales with probably 1/5 (or less?) the investment! "Oh, pour holy water on Lincoln; it's over, .... and we're gonna out-German the Germans, blah blah blah blah blah blah".

Interesting observations on Ford brand sales last month:

Cars were down ~9,500

Utilities were Up ~3,000

Trucks were up ~ 3,800 with F Series lifting by around 6,400 - that's fantastic.

The drop in cars is being mostly covered by increases in Trucks and Utes, I can see

a richer product mix there even though sales are slightly down compared to Jan 2016.

Another great performance by Lincoln with sales increasing 22%,

MKZ, Continental, MKC and MKX all showing well, Navigator fading a bit, MKT who cares..

On Caddilac's superior ATPs, a lot of that is down to strong Escalade sales,

Lincoln needs new Navigator yesterday, it will boost Utility sales at the upper end

and push Lincoln's ATPs higher.

I think the most surprising thing for me is that Ford is still selling nearly 3,000 Taurus a month.

What's even more sad is if you talk to dealer guys (ice-capades himself has brought this up a few times) they would tell you they could sell more if they would just build them. Current capacity at CAP must really be at its peak. Edited by fuzzymoomoo

I sat in a Conti at our nearest dealership a couple weeks ago. Wow, was I impressed. The interior and fit and finish of this car was amazing!

I've been saying that since the first TT build I saw on the line at FRAP, and that one had all kinds of issues at the time being the very first one to come down.

The only thing saving Caddy is their higher ATPs (if you believe their investor presentation). Lincoln has probably spent 1/10 of the amount Caddy has spent on new vehicle platforms and development.

When you sell 39,000 Escalades ATP can get inflated real fast. Next year Lincoln will have the new Navigator and you will see their ATP's rise much higher.

When you sell 39,000 Escalades ATP can get inflated real fast. Next year Lincoln will have the new Navigator and you will see their ATP's rise much higher.

Exactly.

As much as GM spent on ATS/CTS they have to be pretty disappointed. CT6 is probably ok given the higher ATPs.

Damn mustang sales took it in the gut..foci i am interested in buying if ford can keep its mouth shut and stay out of politics....but no foci before the new model..current foci is just a now dated dinosaur compared to comparable offerings from others...fiest i like..our current fiesta been great but it too is dated..around here i have seen $3k discounts...that puts it down near $10k price...i can easily see why fiesta sales bumped up...no money down and near $150/month payment any kid can make and it wont bust the budget....that is all

Ps..i thought caddy and lincoln was out of business..surprised there are still blue hairs out there who buy those whales

Edited by snooter