Spied: 2019 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

wont just be commercial/ fleet, regular trucks have priced themselves out of the market for first time buyers...I think theres an awful lot of recreational teenagers that would rather have a pickup than a Focus....especially to throw their surfboards/ mountain bikes in....

My daughter had a Ranger when she was going to college back in the day. Her 6'3" boyfriend could barely fit behind the wheel and only crouched forward.

My daughter had a Ranger when she was going to college back in the day. Her 6'3" boyfriend could barely fit behind the wheel and only crouched forward.

They're not that bad. I'm 6'-1" and fit comfortably with at least 4 inches between my head and the roof. The older reg cabs could be a bit tight on leg room, but the '98 cab redesign fixed that. If he was crouched over the wheel he was doing it wrong.

Two 6'-1" people can fit very differently in the same vehicle... Someone with a short inseam (headroom - tall torso) will fit differently than someone with a long inseam (legroom - short torso).

FWIW, I'm close to 6'3" with a long torso, and I fit quite nicely in my '97 Ranger back in the day.

FWIW, I'm close to 6'3" with a long torso, and I fit quite nicely in my '97 Ranger back in the day.

My '86 Regular Cab Ranger with bucket seats was a very comfortable truck - loved it!

Not at all like a Toyota Tacoma where you feel like you are sitting on the floor - still after all these years they have those low-slung seats - Dang!

Did the bench seat adjust in the regular cab Ranger? I sat in one and had zero room in it at 6'2

It has been a few years, but I think I had the split bench, and I'm pretty sure it adjusted fore and aft and had a tilting seatback. It was a regular cab long-box with a 4-banger and 5-speed stick Sally Rand Edition.

My dad (who was about 6'1" and 210-ish at the time) never complained about the space in the passenger seat when we went places in the trucklet.

Edited by SoonerLS

It was a regular cab

I sense a pattern here......

I love the older regular cab trucks including my high school favorite 73-79 F100s and my 1990 Ranger. Those years look terrible with super and crew cabs. But on the newer F150s I think the supercab and supercrews look better. Maybe it's just because you hardly ever see a regular cab pickup any more.

I love the older regular cab trucks including my high school favorite 73-79 F100s and my 1990 Ranger. Those years look terrible with super and crew cabs. But on the newer F150s I think the supercab and supercrews look better. Maybe it's just because you hardly ever see a regular cab pickup any more.

I have to agree - Older trucks look better in regular cab form.

Funny enough, of all the trucks I've owned, only one wasn't a regular cab--a '72 F250 4x4 Crew Cab Chassis Cab. I should've kept that one...

I'm missing having more than three seats this week (I have a bunch of nieces and nephews in town, and I can only take two at a time), but I think the regular cab looks better than the Supercab or SuperCrew. Buying this truck was more of a right time, right place deal--it was all about price. The closest Supercab or SuperCrew would've been another $10K, minimum.

It's because older trucks have a much more vertical windshield angle. The newer trucks are all very sloped which makes the roof quite short on a regular cab.

Look at the super duty (or at least the pre-17s). They have the most vertical windshield of a modern truck and still look good in a reg cab format.

Wow - you're right! Huge difference. I knew there was something drastically different but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Funny enough, of all the trucks I've owned, only one wasn't a regular cab--a '72 F250 4x4 Crew Cab Chassis Cab. I should've kept that one...

I'm missing having more than three seats this week (I have a bunch of nieces and nephews in town, and I can only take two at a time), but I think the regular cab looks better than the Supercab or SuperCrew. Buying this truck was more of a right time, right place deal--it was all about price. The closest Supercab or SuperCrew would've been another $10K, minimum.

I'm struggling with the cost difference. I don't need extra seats - I'd just be using the truck for hauling lumber and occasional trips to HD. But I really like the look of the newer supercabs over the regular. And I can't stand the shorty bed on the supercrews since I'm actually planning to use it to haul lumber which can be up to 14 ft.

I'm still entertaining the idea of getting a 1977 F100 and restoring it (after I retire). That solves both the cost and cab issue (but creates so many more.....).

I'm struggling with the cost difference. I don't need extra seats - I'd just be using the truck for hauling lumber and occasional trips to HD. But I really like the look of the newer supercabs over the regular. And I can't stand the shorty bed on the supercrews since I'm actually planning to use it to haul lumber which can be up to 14 ft.

A 16' utility trailer would solve the bed length problem. The 6.5' bed on my truck is fine for most of the lumber I've needed to haul, but I can't imagine trying to haul 14' lumber in the 5.5' SuperCrew bed. They make receiver-mount supports for long loads that might help for occasional long loads.

Don't all NASCAR vehicles use a 9" Ford rear end (even the Chevys and Toyotas)?

Not only NA$CAR, but most serious hot rods uses a 9" rear. If you're making power; it's the rear to have. I've got a buddy with a pretty serious 1985 Monte Carlo SS that he auto crosses. When he upgraded the 305 to a 383 stroker; the 10 bolt was replaced with a 9" from Moser. It was bolt in since they sell a rear specifically for the GM G-body.