Raj Nair Leaves Ford

I had a few people in traffic show "inappropriate" behavior, I taught them a few lesson...some got to test out their ABS when I slammed my brakes in front of them or cut them off...yes, "inappropriate"... BTW has anyone noticed most of these people that get blamed for "inappropriate" behavior are ugly as sin? Honestly, I saw this guys pic, I wouldn't even F--K him with my best friend D--K...and shes a female.....

I hate to say it, but its different if the guy is attractive (at least it would seem so). Well I didnt want to, but he was hot, so...

You would think that if this guy was as talented an engineer as we are led to believe, and if you look at his career progression, Ford would have left no stone unturned in the investigation. Agree that we should know the facts-but I have to believe the facts supported the decision.

And given the fact he was a "person of color", there is no way he would NOT have been given every consideration to save his butt. That should not have been a factor one way or another, but let's face it, in this day and age it sure as hell is IMO.

• Like 1

Since Galhotra is replacing Nair, who will now become the head of Lincoln? This could be a critical replacement for Lincoln. We don't need someone to blow the momentum right now.

This article just came out....

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/02/22/kumar-galhotra-replaces-raj-nair-ford-president/

Galhotra will remain the group vice president and chief marketing officer for Lincoln through March, meaning he's the head of the luxury brand. He's had this position since 2014. Before that, he was vice president of engineering for all of Ford. With Galhotra's promotion, a number of internal promotions follow. Joy Falotico, current chairman, CEO and group vice president of Ford's credit division will fill Galhotra's position, and Dave McClelland, vice president of marketing for Ford Asia Pacific, will fill her role.

Other shuffling at Ford includes Stewart Rawley's promotion to vice president for Ford North America and chief operating officer. He is the current vice president for strategy at Ford. Ford China's chairman and CEO John Lawler will take Rawley's old role, and Cathy O'Callaghan will take over Lawler's job at Ford China, but not until June 1. O'Callaghan is currently vice president, corporate controller and chief financial officer for global markets at Ford.

Not sure how the credit division lady being the head of Lincoln will go, but guess we'll see.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1

This article just came out....

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/02/22/kumar-galhotra-replaces-raj-nair-ford-president/

Not sure how the credit division lady being the head of Lincoln will go, but guess we'll see.

With the amount of leasing in the luxury segment, she probably gets it better than most.

Well, the office furniture guy runs the whole sha-bang so.....

Read her bio. Looks like the only company she has worked for is Ford. Born 1967-started with Ford in 89. And her entire career has been in Ford Credit-or so it looks to me.

My first thought is that is unusual as it seems like the "high flyers" are identified early in their careers and get a lot of exposure to different aspects of the business, but then again if you subscribe to the "a good manager is a good manager" theory hopefully she has a good "bullshit meter" and will be making the right decisions.

By the way..not bad looking ;) -oh-oh what am I saying-that's what got us into this mess!

Isn't this the same guy that said that ford focus customers didn't know how to drive their cars during the whole focus transmissions fiasco?

Yes it was. He got promoted after that.

Plenty of people mishandled that fiasco.

Publicly blaming Ford's customers for the company's defective products is inappropriate behavior. Maybe Hackett can add that to the Ford employee code of conduct. Penalty should be termination. Good riddance to Nair.

• Like 1

Publicly blaming Ford's customers for the company's defective products is inappropriate behavior. Maybe Hackett can add that to the Ford employee code of conduct. Penalty should be termination. Good riddance to Nair.

Blaming customers for defects is Management 101 at all of the Japanese, German and Korean automakers.

Edited by J-150
  • Like 1

Blaming customers for defects is Management 101 at all of the Japanese, German and Korean automakers.

Nair could apply for employment at one of those companies. Or maybe he could take his experience at Ford deflecting responsibility and blaming others and become a consultant. Teach other automakers how it's done!

He signed a 2 year no compete on the way out the door.

Thanks fuzzymoomoo sir for that information. With the auto industry off limits to Nair for 2 years, he could work for the federal government or as a contractor. Lots of people play the blame game in government and he'd be right at home!

It is really so sad that a sharp guy otherwise would screw-up like that and he knew he would get the gate.

Hackett is going work at "Draining the Swamp" There are those that are looking to find people like this, so they can blackmail them.

Who is going to hire him? Not good for his future, we will see where this goes.